Sign in to follow this  
opteryx

Sakakah Al Jawf OPEN BETA

Just would like to suggest to add a smaller city some where near that big city. Maybe an Airport aswell alittle far from that big city. Something like tonal air port or something more elaborated with inspirations.

I must say this Map is one of the Best ive seen so far!

Being that fluid is also very important, and i think you did right with this version of this map. Hope the next versions are as smooth as this is!

Congratulations with this Beta version! Can't wait to try an improved.

Airport will be implemented. On the real city there's an airport some miles to the south-west, however it's out of of the actual boundaries of this map so I'll improvise one or possibly two, one in the south and one in the far north.

In addition to that I hope to add some villages, farmlands and possibly a few small towns in the surrounding areas. This won't be particularly realistic if I intend to stay true to the real city, but I haven't built it as strict based on the real world equivalent anyway.

Don't worry about the realism.. not the actual/realistic size/distances.

I say this because from what i tested in these 30 mins i noticed the distance and dimensions are huge!

I liked the fact the distance in the flat desert is considerably big.. it portray the feeling of vast depth it represents.

You made it Good enough. Thats why i congratulate you for it.

Though you said you might add some villages, i would take care on how many you want to put. Don't exaggerate it, else you will ruin the greatest smooth and magic of this map.

I would like you to suggest to add a small ruin village or mixed with the others. xmas_o.gif

Let the inspirations begin

Technically I could have 6 different cities the size on Sakakah on this map without performance loss, as long as they are out of draw distance they will have no impact on performance at all.

Great!

now you need to see how long you wish to wait to load the entire map. From what i understand, the main problem remains in this point. (Receiving Data for how long? How many time you wish to wait?)

hope you can find a good balance between these "issues"

Try to add more little details in the town to pretty it up. Like a bunch of flagpoles near the hotel, a fountain on the central square, ads on the walls/highways, little shops etc. Great map so far!

Airport will be implemented. On the real city there's an airport some miles to the south-west, however it's out of of the actual boundaries of this map so I'll improvise one or possibly two, one in the south and one in the far north.

In addition to that I hope to add some villages, farmlands and possibly a few small towns in the surrounding areas. This won't be particularly realistic if I intend to stay true to the real city, but I haven't built it as strict based on the real world equivalent anyway.

will you add maybe a US base outside the city, kind of like an Iraq type scenario, base outside and from there you got the city

This map is on the GOL server and as fast as i was i ported a BIS Map over from porto. So have fun, there will be lots more missions on there soon as we have all our mission makers working hard.

Edit: The First test with 6 players went very well and was smooth for all of us.

OK. This is, like, the best map so far. And I hate desert maps smile_o.gif

Performance is very good. To test this I put the contents of my Rahmadi smoke effects test mission into the city, and I believe I got better performance than Paraiso, and even better performance than Rahmadi. I think all the buildings do a good job of blocking out most of the smoke at any given time, and looks pretty damn good as it drifts down roads & streets.

LOL I just noticed a somewhat embarrassing thing, right next to the tall red apartment building there's a ruin, this is not supposed to be there, I guess it ended up there after a copy paste operation.

I searched in Google for Sakakah and i got these pics.

Can you please confirm so we can have an idea what to expect, suggest for this already Loved map?

sakakah02.jpg

sakakah04.jpg

sakakah05.jpg

sakakah06.jpg

sakakah01.jpg

sorce

The 3 last reminds me the old OFP ruin buildings and fortress, can you find them and bring them to ARMA?

If you could you would bring the old feeling along with this great addon.

EDIT1: Please let me add this Goggle earth pic.

sakakah00_small.jpg

1024x768

Can you use the same colors as real life? xmas_o.gif

jeessaaiiiuusss bravo!

nice pictures!

and Optometryx...

ILVOE THIS! AHAHHH!!!

I searched in Google for Sakakah and i got these pics.

Can you please confirm so we can have an idea what to expect, suggest for this already Loved map?

I will not confirm anything until it is implemented and working.

EDIT1: Please let me add this Goggle earth pic.

img]http://pwp.netcabo.pt/bravo6/pics/sakakah00_small.jpg[/img]

1024x768

Can you use the same colors as real life? xmas_o.gif

Those Google satmaps tend to be somewhat distorted, but I will look into getting a more realistic satellite image.

I am going to make a really good mission on this with the alpha insurgents that I and a few other guys have been working on.

this map is huge. this is gorgeous §§§§

I am going to make a really good mission on this with the alpha insurgents that I and a few other guys have been working on.

I can't say the same thing for this Beta version, but I promise if the next version becomes more serious and still be smooth as this one Ill start making missions for it and spend a lot of time on this island.

I truly feel it will worth the time expended on it.

Opteryx keep up the good work, can't wait to see your inspirations.

Great map!!! All we need know are some insurgents!!

Does anyone know when the ArmA community is going to get some insurgents? We are jonesion for some insurgents

Just tested it for an hour and I've got to say "Wow!!". Beautifully done Opteryx notworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

My favourite part so far is the little oasis in the south east.

So, it is an awesome map.

Suggestions:

1. Small details( Junk piles, Ural Wrecks, things to take space, etc..)

Bugs:

1. None seen so far! biggrin_o.gif!

This is a truly an AWESOME map playing with the insurgents me and my freinds are retexing!

yay.gif

keep the sexy work up! thumbs-up.gif

wow this is great i can run maximum settings and 3000 meter view distance and get 30 fps on my lowly 7600gt 256mb

this is nice biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Implementation Queens Gambit content.

Any chance of not doing this for those who don't have/want GQ?

this is nice biggrin_o.gif
Quote[/b] ]Implementation Queens Gambit content.

Any chance of not doing this for those who don't have/want GQ?

Nope.

so does this map require QG or not? because I don't have it yet, it should have been released by now but apperently noone told the stores here.

I do agree with Opteryx QG objects defenitly belongs in this map...