Sign in to follow this  
Synide

Material Editor plugin...

If you get the following error when opening some rvmat files from within O2PE then you'll have to un-rapify the given rvmat and edit the values in a text editor manually.

once altered to your satisfaction you'll need to binarize the file back into an rvmat with the 'CfgConvertFileChng.exe' BIS tool...

O2PE_RC3_MaterialEditor_Error_000.jpg

also, trying to start the mateditor.exe directly and opening rvmat's that exhibit this problem won't get you there either and will most likely CTD you're O2 session...

Edit: on further testing there seems to be some problems around the use of the material editor plugin, default rvmat's supplied during tools installation (MatTemplates folder), CfgConvertFileChng.exe unrapifying & rapifying of said rvmat's and game content rvmat's...

have yet to quantify or identify exact issues...

Hello Synide,

Problem here seems to be rapified and non-rapified rvmats.

O2 does not like them still rapified and will fail to load them.

Un-rapified rvmats work ok.... as you noted.

It is preferable to work with unrapified rvmats because they are automatically rapified again in the packing pipeline when packing.

Planck

yeah, i see now after a bit more testing... completely not working... will open the .cpp versions of the files no problem...

@Linker Split... Thanks mate... even if Mike's prog. couldn't open them, there's still Keygety's and BIS's own one works just fine too. And, finally if they all were not available, well i could quite easily just write my own...