Sign in to follow this  
DS75

Exploding head when hit with a m24/m107

Is it possible to create an addon that makes the head explode when a headshot is performed with one of the sniper rifles, preferrably with .50 cal. I think that would be realistic, instead of the small hole at the eye part which is in the game now.

Anybody able and willing to make it?

Hmm, I dont think that a plus of gore would be good...

But there is the problem that you would need a different model after the hit - I dont think that this is possible.

You would also have to have different effects for different weapons.

Maybe you could make the headwound texture more gory, but that still wouldnt differentiate between light and small calibers

Hi,

It is not about the gore factor. It is about being shot in the head with a .50. The head would simply explode. I think it is highly unrealistic when I do make a headshot with the m107 you only see a small mark on the face. This is a serious request, can anybody do it?

Cheers

it is possible..

you just need some meat chunk models

rest is scripting.

however you might get some trouble with it since youd need to setobjecttexture the head/helmet..

setobjecttexture was quite bitchy if used on fps view sitting inside

vehicles, in ofp that was, dont know if that bug still is present in arma.

however it technically is possible.

ive used the very same technique to simulate body dismemberments for my VBS1 marines (eg leg dismemberment caused by mines etc etc)

dropped the idea since there wasnt any EH that querried whith which type of ammo the body/bodypart was hit, so this was quite prone of misshaps (dismemberment with a glock17 for example).

i havent sneeked into arma scripting yet

but hopefully there´s some proper EH that handles ammo types.

to put it in a nutshell,

technically it is very possible..

but honestly after a while the script will eat up performance

same as all the gibs and chunks being spawned around.

blow up a whole squad at once and your pc will freeze for some seconds or go slow-mo

speaking ethincally :P

genvea convention prohibits usage of .50 cal against human targets wink_o.gif

but oh well.. theres .499 wink_o.gif

really? then what about the SoF reports about Canadian snipers taking out Taliban over 2km away with .50 sniper rifles?

TBH I don't think there's much interest in making such an addon. The game only supports animated & posed death sequences in any case so it would just be a duplication based on specific injuries. Then you would need to do the same for different injuries, for different models etc.

I'd say any AI that falls due to being shot in the head is dead, why there needs to be a headless body to doubly confirm it? I'd guess that there may be some usefulness in being able to guess what weapon might have taken out any given body, but ATM I use the OFPEC blood to work out that.

Quote[/b] ]an addon that makes the head explode when a headshot is performed with one of the sniper rifles

i like that

Quote[/b] ]to simulate body dismemberments

like that too

Quote[/b] ]why there needs to be a headless body to doubly confirm it
fun and realism but fun first
Quote[/b] ]really? then what about the SoF reports about Canadian snipers taking out Taliban over 2km away with .50 sniper rifles?
maybe they consider that talibans are not human, or he didnt know about geneva convention, but what country (with weapons) really respect geneva convention ?

Taliban and Insurgents dont accept the convention therefore their exempt and eligable for some .50 loving. smile_o.gif

If someone is able to make it, I for one think it will be in demand. I like arma, but I miss a few things like this and a nice ghillie suite, but that is another matter.

Cheers

Oh yes, this would be so kewl !

And we need blood fountains and guts and we need knives to cut of heads and such just for the FUN we will have slaughtering around. Uh... wait and we need simulated waterboarding and ripping out fingernails, not to forget the egg-crusher and electro-cables for the sake of FUN !

Seriously, no I do not need such in a computergame.

Lighten up Francis tounge2.gif

If you guys ever want to see ingame gore at work I'd suggest you look up a trailer for Soldier of fortune 3!

Imho senseless to develop/use such addons. It's only for boys that played too much those "Gore-fun-effect"-FPS.... they don't know the meaning of combat simulation.

Unfortunately Rail simulation means being as true to the real McCoy as possible, a combat simulation which depicted extreme gore would be i truer to life then most "gore-for-fun fps's", however that said it isnt nessecarily needed.

War is hell, Its gruesome and not pretty.

Furthermore I still highly doubt a .50 will make someone's head explode like the gore kiddies want it to. Sure, in Hollywood, maybe, but in real life I think it'd just leave an entry hole and a big exit wound. It actually requires far more "punch" or force to rip someone's body apart. Our bodies are extremely strong and can withstand an amazing amount of punishment.

EDIT: About the .50 not being allowed to be used on humans, this is true. And I'm not joking when saying this, but it is an anti-material rifle and is thus qualified to be used on helmets, water bottles, uniforms, belt buckles etc. etc. It's not the sniper's fault if there's still a human in it.

In short, when shooting someone with a .50 just say you weren't aiming for him, you were trying to take his helmet out of action or to keep his water bottle from being used.

really? then what about the SoF reports about Canadian snipers taking out Taliban over 2km away with .50 sniper rifles?

The work-around is that the shooter can aim at equipment, not personnel.

*edit*

The Geneva Convention protects uniformed soldiers of a soverign nation. Unconventional warfighters are not covered.

Furthermore I still highly doubt a .50 will make someone's head explode like the gore kiddies want it to. Sure, in Hollywood, maybe, but in real life I think it'd just leave an entry hole and a big exit wound.

Thankgod you havn't seen some of the pixs coming out of Iraq I have then!

Quote[/b] ]Furthermore I still highly doubt a .50 will make someone's head explode like the gore kiddies want it to. Sure, in Hollywood, maybe, but in real life I think it'd just leave an entry hole and a big exit wound. It actually requires far more "punch" or force to rip someone's body apart. Our bodies are extremely strong and can withstand an amazing amount of punishment.

Very wrong , the pressure wave generated by .50 entering and then exiting a body will burst it like a mellon .

yes true this effect would be realistic , but not really needed .

Closing this before someone tries to prove his theories with pics. confused_o.gif