Sign in to follow this  
suma

QG signature verification issue

We have identified an issue which causes users being disconnected when server has signature verification turned on, and either user has QG installed and server not, or the server has it and user has not.

Problem is the default handling of different data detected is stricter then intended, resulting in a kick of players which have different data compared to server, even when the data are signed.

As a temporary workaround, we ask all server admins to add following line into their server.cfg file:

onDifferentData="{}"

This will override the default handling of this situation, thus preventing the players being kicked.

Whats about cheating? We cant play MP since Month, cause they crash every Server.

So you are asking me to make my server accept any key that is valid, even though I have not approved it as "safe"?

Wouldn't that mean all the cheaters have to do is sign their cheat addon and it would become accepted by a signed server?

So you are asking me to make my server accept any key that is valid, even though I have not approved it as "safe"?

Wouldn't that mean all the cheaters have to do is sign their cheat addon and it would become accepted by a signed server?

You don't understand how the sigs work at all. Go read up on it, it's been explained enough before.

All this work around does, is allowing signed addons that are different (i.e. a newer or older version) than the one present on the server. It still requires a signed addon; if you alter your addon, the signature is no longer valid for this addon...

Hi, so the leak of that "onDifferentData="{}"." is what causes me

to get this error message when i try to join some certain servers

using my selected addons/custom Mod folder?:

Error Message:

signatures_problems.jpg

So the signatures must be inside the "\ArmA\@TheMod\Addons\"

folder (where they're) right?, then i've to blame those servers and

i haven't made any mistake?. Let's C ya