Sign in to follow this  
Hawkins

Problem with shadows

I have a small problem with the BIS models. When removing the helmet from the soldier, I still get some shadows on the cheeks where the helmet straps used to be. Below is a picture to clarify things.

shadowprob.jpg

I've removed all the parts from the shadowvolume, but to no effect. I'm obviously doing something wrong or haven't done enough. biggrin_o.gif What's the problem?

These shadows are in _AS map. If you want to remove them, you can use already existing _AS map for head from some civilian character without hat, or you have to edit the one actually used on the model.

Thank you, found and edited it! But (there's always a but), O2 wont let change the AS files for some peculiar reason. I use the "Current Model->External Dependencies" menu to try and change it, but can't. This raises a question, can this be connected to a bad O2 install? Maybe I've installed the program somehow wrong.

External dependencies are just for information. You need to edit the RVMAT which uses to that external dependency (the AS map is defined by a path in the RVMAT file).

Ahha, thank you again! smile_o.gif Would be cool to change the stuff straight from there too *hint* biggrin_o.gif Good stuff anyway, this'll get me rolling again.