Sign in to follow this  
verde13

When will we see new unit models?

I thought that the necessary tools for modelling have been released, but after all this time there are still no new models for units.Are there still any tools which haven't been released?

For me the greatest show stopper is the lack of realistic units especially when it comes to historic periods like vietnam and although there are some great retextured ones out there, it just doesn't feel realistic.

I thought that the necessary tools for modelling have been released, but after all this time there are still no new models for units.Are there still any tools which haven't been released?

For me the greatest show stopper is the lack of realistic units especially when it comes to historic periods like vietnam and although there are some great retextured ones out there, it just doesn't feel realistic.

The thing is, Addonmakers have a life too wink_o.gif

If you look around, there are some new Units in the works. For example .jonny showed a little Screenie of a Marine with fire-resistant overall, CameronMcDonald is working on army Dudes, so, just be patient, new Units will come when they are done smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

Long time since i last updated anything in this thread. But anyway i spend some hours working on the marines this weekend.

This is what i came out with so far:

marine.jpeg

Represents an USMC soldier with a very common loadout for iraq.

I still have to add some details to the Nomex Flight suit and some other stuff, like new pouches and probably a new camelback.

.jonny's topic

The thing is, Addonmakers have a life too wink_o.gif

And second problem is, that making good character model with proper skinning (weights), textures, normalmaps, configs etc, is the hardest thing to do crazy_o.gif

We are also making new character models for our main characters for the Lost World Returns mod.

Here is a picture of our base model. (Camouflage is subject to change)

nm2yr5.jpg

Modelled and textured by Jenny.

I’m 100% certain the model won’t just be used for us anyway. Who knows what jenny has in store whistle.gif

Yes, well, that's the OLD OFP stuff they were showing...

It's the XXI century already, u know, and some of us probably want MODERN and ULTRA-MODERN units smile_o.gif

Agreed with CMD smile_o.gif

Patience is everything.

Just because ArmA and the Tools are out doesn't mean that there will be 1000 of addons instantly.

Good stuff takes time, and it even needs abit more time because ArmA has new Features and stuff.

It's the XXI century already, u know, [...]

Stop inventing fire, wheels, and electricity, raedor, you know the truth now.

Couldn't resist, apologies.

I don't want to rush anyone; in fact i'm grateful that there are so many talented people working to provide us with just about everything you can imagine. I only started this thread out of sheer curiosity since i've seen new weapons, tanks, missions, islands, retextured units e.t.c. but no new units. Hopefully it is only a matter of time before we have the same variety of addons as the one from the OFP days.

....For me the greatest show stopper is the lack of realistic units especially when it comes to historic periods like vietnam .....

*cough* In the works. Patience biggrin_o.gif

hate to bring the old favourite back up, but how about downloading O2 and giving it a go yourself?

You'd quickly learn that addons, like Rome, weren't built in a day

hate to bring the old favourite back up, but how about downloading O2 and giving it a go yourself?

You'd quickly learn that addons, like Rome, weren't built in a day

The usual answer: i wish i had the skill, the time and the patience to do it. Anyway it's good to know that there is a lot of stuff coming.

tounge2.gif well yes, of course - then patience is then, of course, a virtue smile_o.gif

You will see new unit models when they are done.

Hi verde13

should I tell you something funny I've done some WWI stuff (german soldier, french soldier, Lebel rifle and a Gewehr 98) but I need some help or good and easy tut's (only skinning and config, rest is done) but I'm not able to upload some pix on this Forum because I don't know how this works I am so angry (and I am a noob in such things, really) banghead.gif Yes, Yes lough at me and tell me "there's this (gay) search button"

yeah yeah I know that and I' ve used it but I didn't find anything.......................

smile_o.gif My hate is gone

could someone tell me how I can upload those pix, please (sorry for my bad and angry words,......oooooh and sorry I think it's the wrong post, yes I know)

Hi verde13

should I tell you something funny I've done some WWI stuff (german soldier, french soldier, Lebel rifle and a Gewehr 98) but I need some help or good and easy tut's (only skinning and config, rest is done) but I'm not able to upload some pix on this Forum because I don't know how this works I am so angry (and I am a noob in such things, really)  banghead.gif Yes, Yes lough at me and tell me "there's this (gay) search button"

yeah yeah I know that and I' ve used it but I didn't find anything.......................

smile_o.gif My hate is gone

could someone tell me how I can upload those pix, please (sorry for my bad and angry words,......oooooh and sorry I think it's the wrong post, yes I know)

it is not possible to upload photos to the board, you can upload your photos on Imageshack or something and link with the Image button to that picture

I've tried and tried but........ banghead.gif

Can't I send you my pix please, that would be really kind

I've tried and tried but........ banghead.gif

Can't I send you my pix please, that would be really kind

Imageshack

Can't be that hard, read the page a bit and I'm sure you figure out how to upload it there.

After that you just press the Image button above and paste the link that is given after uploading on Imageshack.

OM GOOODDDD!!

that character fdorm lost world looks SICK!

@smilely nick

-Looks amazing man. Perhaps in the future you can use that or allow someone to use that base model to create chechen fighters. Just needs to remove the US magazine pouches an slap on some AK mag pouches and vests an it would look amazing.

I assume the ammo cases and pouches are only "WIP" on

that "Lost World" figure. They leave something to be desired

from the point of view of accurately portraying US Army

ALICE equipment.

Some WW1 units would be most welcome, as of course WW2 and Vietnam. I 'm particularly looking forward to your work Col. Faulkner.

should I tell you something funny I've done some WWI stuff (german soldier, french soldier, Lebel rifle and a Gewehr 98)

Are you planning on finishing these? Can you show us some

pictures of the poilu and the "Freddy" yet? You could

send me the pictures and I can post them up if you really

can't understand "imageshack" or whatever.

A new thread to discuss WW1 items (and the feasibility, or

otherwise, of recreating parts of that conflict in the ArmA[2]

engine) might be interesting. WW1 seems to be a sadly

disregarded subject (and one of my particular interests).

I also would like to have a WWi mod but we definitely need some new animations for it. We have to get rid of these "black hawk down walking animations" in my opinion.