Sign in to follow this  
MaxRiga

ARMA VIDEO NEWS

Hi people

I've decided to share my idea with the community of armedassault.info but I also place this topic here.

Noone ever made video news about one single game. I mean the real weekly news completely about one single game. Once I was huge fan of OFP long ago and still playing ArmA sometimes ( unfortunately very rarely ) I thought this would be great idea to produce weekly news about this game. Some of you might remember I was making movies in OFP and i'm working in video business today ( yes, OFP completely changed my life, lol ). So, as an example I've created little presentational video of how ArmA news could look like. There is absolutely easy editing, no special effects and stuff but still you can see the conception of the idea. If the idea will be accepted so more effects and work could be added to the project smile_o.gif))

98117674kk9.th.jpg

My English was a parody on my own Russian accent ( which one I have since I'm russian, u know, lol ) but for real news I think we need some1 with English mother language, lol.

So this kind of news could be broadcasted by armedassault.info ( or another website ) on the front page so all addon/video/island makers could demonstrate it's own productions smile_o.gif)) Also, official news/blocks/stories/interviews could be placed in news. Well, shortly to say all of us know that it's more interesting to watch video then read news from webs smile_o.gif))

From another side it's very complicated to be responsible for weekly news and be the person in touch with people all over the world taking care of the project. So I will be straight I will not be doing this for free. May be some other video makers could try to do it for free but not me. The reason why I'm opening this topic is to ask - how do u folks think will it be possible to open kinda donation for news production or any other ways of little payment so some1 ( or me ) could take care of this ArmA news weekly?

Any way, even if there is no way of doing this for $$$$$ but idea is good J)))

Hmm, I am totally up for this. Have to develop it and when I have something that can actually be shown. I will ^^

Nice thinking really thumbs-up.gif

Haha! Jerryhopper does indeed need some competition in the media world of ArmA. biggrin_o.gif

Personally I think this is an awesome idea! Hope to see more.

I like the idea, it's the logical next step in web based news format! Anyway, about the money side of things. Maybe get sponsors? You could then "hire" screenspace out to them and show their logo so it scrolls accross the bottom of the screen, or maybe have a static logo in the corner that then fades into the next sponsors logo that all show for the exact same length of time (with any odd timings being filled by your own logo or that of what you're reviewing at the time so it's fair). A good example is how Chris Pirillo does this on his youtube channel and live webcam blog thingy on his site.

Maybe get sponsors? You could then "hire" screenspace out to them and show their logo so it scrolls accross the bottom of the screen, or maybe have a static logo in the corner that then fades into the next sponsors logo that all show for the exact same length of time (with any odd timings being filled by your own logo or that of what you're reviewing at the time so it's fair). A good example is how Chris Pirillo does this on his youtube channel and live webcam blog thingy on his site.

may be Bohemia can sponsor ArmA news? lol

all thx for support words and for ur interest smile_o.gif))

MaxRiga your accent is perfect for Armed Assault! smile_o.gif I liked that video you have available!

I think this is a great idea. I think the fellas that are shakers and movers in the armed assault media area are Supershooter, Kenwort and Jerry Hopper. It'd be pretty cool> I'm sure there are more that I don't know about - but maybe they might be able to help this come along biggrin_o.gif

Excellent stuff MaxRiga, the video is fantastic and so is the idea, thanks for the effort and your accent is indeed  perfect for Armed Assualt.

Hey MaxRiga!

I knew you would come back sooner or later notworthy.gif

It's a damn fine idea.. something i thought would be to hard and complicated to show every time something new comes out.

But what exactly do you plan to show? Talk about what in the videos? New addons? Islands... videos? ArmA2? wow_o.gif

It'd be nice to have a weekly round up of news imo. So maybe show some footage of any new addons and the like that have been released in the past week or so. Just check on youtube for similar things relating to tech news and the like to get ideas of what to feature and how to do it.

I was hesitant at first till I played the sample you posted--and immediately I had a smile. This is indeed a very cool idea. thumbs-up.gif

Hey I don't even have ArmA but I would love to see such a program. Hey you could make a streaming feed with recorded MP battles, ArmA TV! Ok not to get carried away, it's a great idea and go on with it.

Quote[/b] ]I was hesitant at first till I played the sample you posted--and immediately I had a smile. This is indeed a very cool idea.

smile is all we need! )))))

Quote[/b] ]I like the Idea, your English is pretty funky in a goodway too Max

Hi, thx, I specially tried to make it funky, oh well, may be i've succeed, lol

Quote[/b] ]So maybe show some footage of any new addons and the like that have been released in the past week or so

yes, addons, maps, missions, islands, videos, pictures ... huh, everything in arma game )))

Quote[/b] ]Excellent stuff MaxRiga, the video is fantastic and so is the idea, thanks for the effort and your accent is indeed perfect for Armed Assualt.

thank you comrade! )))) lol

Quote[/b] ]MaxRiga your accent is perfect for Armed Assault! I liked that video you have available!

It's very sad we are living in different cities, other way I could film you in my studio sad_o.gif((

Nice video there, the accent is 'cool' plus it follows my earlier my idea exactly Max... thumbs-up.gificon_rolleyes.gif

I thought up a plan for Sahrani TV, not just news, a whole channel, (I presented a very rough alpha here, just click watch:

Sahranitv.co.nr)

Quote[/b] ]Hope you can really expand this in a weekly show

RIGHT! it could be not just NEWS but SHOW! smile_o.gif) unfortunately, the administration of armedassault.info haven’t interested much in this project, may be other websites will pay more attention on the idea? wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]haha ... nice one Max, great idea .... well done

And thanks for the free advertisement

no problem man, addonmakers must be famous! lol

waiting for Akula wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Nice video there, the accent is 'cool' plus it follows my earlier my idea exactly Max...

I thought up a plan for Sahrani TV, not just news, a whole channel, (I presented a very rough alpha here, just click watch:

Sahranitv.co.nr)

you've got the point comrade, Sahrani TV sounds very nice wink_o.gif

Haha! Jerryhopper does indeed need some competition in the media world of ArmA. biggrin_o.gif

Personally I think this is an awesome idea! Hope to see more.

Except jerry is in radio, basically he taken over entire radio entertaiment in ArmA tounge2.gif But someone need to take voer the video, news. Hmmmm, maybe video interviews with famous addon makers heheh.

Awesome job - and I love the accent too biggrin_o.gif

"See you later..... comrades " notworthy.gif

This was done quite successfully back in the "golden days" of virtual airlines with flight simulator, particulary 1998-2001. At one time, there was a daily video news digest and about four weekly shows online.

This was done quite successfully back in the "golden days" of virtual airlines with flight simulator, particulary 1998-2001.  At one time, there was a daily video news digest and about four weekly shows online.

lol, really !!?? any links where I can see this?

Any way guys, I thinks I will not be doing this news any more, hope some1 else will use the idea for his projects smile_o.gif

Movie makers site doesn't display properly in Opera.

You can always use different browser! Works fine with Firefox and IE smile_o.gif