Sign in to follow this  
slowyconection

Who here dont like desert island maps?

Speacially in MP

those "rambo" maps, every 1 scaters aroun and no chance of survival at all

they suk hard...

my opinion at least

yeah i know i dotn know why they added the desert island map i think just for the begining cutscene to simulate anuke or something i just use it to fool around in the editor like make giant tank battles blah blah etc

Don't like it, don't play it smile.gif

I like the desert map for editing reasons. It's easy to test cool stuff on it.

If you know the maps in OFP well, you should know that the desert island is infact that "medium siezed" island to the south east of Malden.

I don't like it for MP either....I was on some damn sniper map...where your boxed in and just get your ass kicked...

Other wise I like it....I spent countless hours designing my own custom base on the desert island.....of course that was when I didn't know you could zoom in on the mission editor so I was building it using the default view....house of cards......

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Snake1999 @ Feb. 24 2002,03:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Don't like it, don't play it smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

thas what i keep sayin to me, but wtf

its so hard to find a good room out there confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (slowyconection @ Feb. 24 2002,12:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">thas what i keep sayin to me, but wtf

its so hard to find a good room out there confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

You can be a host too.

Just use the island for massed conflict! I put the US trying to invade it with massed Russian forces on it, first I put troops, then heaps of ZSUs and US choppers, then tanks and I ended up with a massive struggle to control a piece of rock with sand on it. Framerate was horrible smile.gif but it was fun! Had Hinds and heaps of stuff there. Its amusing to have heaps of troops there fighting on a bit of rock. Countries in the real world fight over the same thing... a piece of rock.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Damage Inc @ Feb. 24 2002,13:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I like Desert Island for testing stuff but it's sure not good for any real missions.<span id='postcolor'>

That is the real purpose of this island. It is ideal for testing because it is fast to load....

Certainly. although as it happens the first mission i made that i thought was great was set of the desert island,

a raid on a hidden russian helibase+Spetznaz observation post

because its so barren you can set the viewable distance to many kilometres with little slowdown and so watching a combined arms invasion taking place across a whole island (at dawn,

with clear skies and A10s thundering past duelling with shilkas, whilst blackhawks and PBRs disgorge their cargos and mavaricks come crashing down ahead of you lighting the form of scurrying figures in the early morning gloom, whilst a truckload of spetznaz heading your way is knocked out with a law by the man beside you) becomes a truly stunning experience

so there.

got a bit carried away smile.gif

and glad its there

Two Words: DESERT STORM

Thats what the ground war over there was like...open barren dessert with an all out battle (or route in our case0.

I hate desertmaps..

Why? Becuase its:

mad.gif too hot sun,

mad.gif no water,

mad.gif no forests

mad.gif and nothing to hide from the terrible sun

nope...Desert icelands suxx

Why do people come on here and moan about stuff that doesn't have to affect them? If you don't like the map don't use it. Simple.

If you don't want to use an SA-80, supposing they put it in, then don't.

Don't spoil things for everyone else.

Bugger, I appear to have turned this into a rant on the SA-80. Sorry. sad.gif

You can d/l SelectThis' excellent desert Malden. It has lost of stones and hills to hide in.

And furthermore, it looks awesome! Just crank up the viewdistance, as fog in the desert looks kinda ... odd.