Sign in to follow this  
BloodOmen

OFP Vs Arma QC SP Campaign

welcome.gif

pistols.gif The Battle Carrys On pistols.gif

Sadly i have not had a chance to play the campaign. But im sure many have and well the last topic i created " OFP Vs Arma SP Campaign " was quite sucessful.

So who do you thinks this battle ?

QC or OFP ?

Please do post Good And Bad Points.

This times theres a poll rofl.gif

NO Flames for other peoples opinions as i dont want this topic locked smile_o.gif

my opinion is that who strikes first strikes twice, QG campaign is good, but these mercenaries can not compare to Gastovsky , Armstrong and company , damn ! i'm waiting for the cold war rearmed mod eagerly inlove.gif

1985 campaign by far..

The original OPF campaign covered almost every single gameplay aspect of the game!

Playing as a soldier, grenadier, machineguner... being part of a mechanised squad, being lost in the woods, comanding a squad, laying minefields, recon and sabotage, comanding tanks, transport helicopters, gunships, even the A10 that flew like a brick, evading captivity and navigating by the stars... i kept playing and wondering what would be coming next and the campaign kept going and delivering.. also liked the special "grunt" feel to it, the cwc setting, most of the voice acting and even the secondary characters.

The way the gameplay was distributed over the characters was very smart and the infantry missions were memorable.

I did 1985 with OPF v.1.0 (bugged to hell) on a crappy PIII with 128 megs of ram (loading Everon or a savegame took ages) and i just couldnt stop.

QG might be more advanced technically but so was Resistance...

Playing as a soldier, grenadier, machineguner... being part of a mechanised squad, being lost in the woods, comanding a squad, laying minefields, recon and sabotage, comanding tanks, transport helicopters, gunships, even the A10 that flew like a brick, evading captivity and navigating by the stars... i kept playing and wondering what would be coming next and the campaign kept going and delivering.. also liked the special "grunt" feel to it, the cwc setting, most of the voice acting and even the secondary characters.

That makes me want to play ofp campaign again.

I really like the new QG campaigns they are a HUGE improvement over the ArmA campaign but I still much prefer the OFP one.

The voice acting in QG still sounds a bit weird from time to time, I have noticed times when voices are played to quickly/slowly compared to the subtitles.

Its just little things like that which make me prefer the OFP campaign.

Guest Ti0n3r

Nothing can beat Cold War Crisis and Resistance notworthy.gif

I have played orginal OFP campaign whit so many great total conversion mods like FDD, ECP, WGL 5.12 and Y2K3 and whit one of those it feels even more better. QC does will only make better glance than did org ArmA campaign but CWC was complex on its time that there need huge imporovings to surpase it.

So clearly OFP has taken victory again biggrin_o.gif

Still it sounds like a improvement over ArmA's Campaign.

Hopefully theyll continue to advance in there Story Writing section for ArmA 2. Its its anything like OFP, well ill bow to them notworthy.gif

Resistance is by far the most engrossing campaign that BIS has ever made. You really identify with Victor early on and can feel his reluctance to go back to the horror that is war. He begs his neighbors not to take up arms, but in the end finds he has no choice but to fight until the end. What a bitter end at that, too.

The original CWC campaign, which is also excellent, also draws in the player best when playing as Armstrong. His journey as a war neophyte, cut off from his own forces and ultimately aided by the resistance movement definitely leaves an impact. This is further compounded when he finally returns to the resistance camp as he had promised, only to find their leader, whom he had befriended, had been killed in combat some time ago.

The QG campaign is rather enjoyable, it has memorable characters (i.e. who doesn't want the prince to reclaim his throne from his evil sister and reform the country!wink_o.gif, interesting missions and features, but it is a little too straightforward and certainly too short. It plays much better than the ARMA campaign, however.

I just finished both QG Campaigns, heres my small review in Point form:

- OFP Leads In All Aspects Except For Graphics

But i will say the following:

- QG has a better Story Development & Plotline than ArmA

- QG has better Characther Development than ArmA

- QG has better mission design than ArmA

- Slightly Better Voices than ArmA.

Im glad to see that they have followed the peoples needs of a more developed chars. And the missions ( especially the cutscenes & the mid-cutscence choices ) were extremely well done. The voices are slightly better than ArmA, but it still sounds like its not connecting, like it was done in differnt places, not in a Sound recording room where all were present ( helps build atmosphere)

Overall i still prefer OFP ( Probely always will )

But however QG has made me appriceate ArmA alot more in the SP Side.

I wonder if BIS can ever do a masterpiece campaign like in OFP. I liked being a grunt, not having to lead all the time.

Ofcourse OFP campagin....... BIS seems can't get same feeling that e had in CWC campagin... Maybe in ArmA 2 we will get something good smile_o.gif

Maybe in ArmA 2.... wink_o.gif yea thats wy the game wondt work on hi end systems or that the campaines not are so nice as in prive flasphoindt or res meby cos the dont have the time to do it or meby the dont have the same mission bilder as in prive games well wy dont the put a contest for the comuniti that som one will make a campaine whit som help of bis huh.gif well meby i talk not good budt i realy miss flasphoindt and res and 1985 confused_o.gif

That makes me want to play ofp campaign again.

+1

I think 1985 had a very balanced gameplay. It was a positive challenge to complete the mission, not as frustrating as most missions in arma are (like the missionmakers dont understand the concept of the game somehow..). You had missions that were easier so you could get energy/motivation to carry on on the hard ones.

I can be so mentally exhausted after a demanding mission so if I see in the next briefing that you have to "bravely defend/attack with a small group a whole company of enemies, again", I usually quit playing for some time. If I'm not involved somehow in the story I struggle to pick it up again and continue (campaign-cheated arma in the end to see the story..). 1985 always managed to give you inspiration and a will to continue.

QG is very good imho, I enjoyed playing it. But I cant compare it to 1985 as that is so much bigger. What I really like in QG are the characters and that you didnt start as a leader (love playing as grunt! ). The story was also good with a nice twist.

LOL, battle? Where? No ArmA campaign gets even near OFP campaign, it's all just boring, annoying c*ap. And very short too, which is good because it sucks so much. I find QC boring, omg the cutscenes are long, but BORING. B-O-R-I-N-G. Some guys talking politics, yeah right. OFP had everything right, interesting cutscenes, interesting plot, everything was interesting, creamed with abnormally good atmosphere.

ArmA doesn't have anything. It's just a dry 'simulation'.

OFP all the way!

I must admit that QG campaign "Royal Flush" improved a lot comparing to the original ArmA campaign, but it still don't come up with 1985 and Resistance.

"Rahmadi Conflict" still followed some flaws from the old one and is TOO short so it is not in my book.

I played OFP, ArmA, and just started with the Queens Gambit campaigns.

To preface, I don't give a s h it about the story line in any of those campaigns. I play from strictly a war/simulation gamers perspective. In fact, I skip every possible cut scene I can.

OFP: Thought it was a decent campaign. Didnt like being forced to fly the A-10, as OFP has a HORRIBLE flight sim model. I play a lot of flight sims, as well as fly professionally as my job. The distances you can see in OFP on any machine just makes for a crappy aircraft sim. The helos though, i thought were fun.

ArmA Campaign: Thought it was awesome. Played it @ version 1.08 with 3 simple mods installed. Best campaign hands down Ive ever played in the series. Again, I dont care about the story. I'm talking from a war gamers point of view. Really liked every single mission.

QG: Just started Royal Flush. Thought it was terrible. The buying weapon thing does not work well. If you have to click "revert" because of a save game bug/crash, which there are many, then it seems you lose the weapons you bought in the previous mission. Where do you put weapons you find in the field to keep them in future missions? I don't find driving a crappy 4 x 4 through the woods to free concentration camp and lumber camp prisoners fun at all. Got to that mission, and quit. Switched to Rahmadi Campaign. Seems fun so far. On 2nd mission, The President.

Just an opinion as a guy who likes war simulations, not watching a Russian made war movie.

What type of poll is this.. this type of thing OFFENDS ofp cwc lol. jeesh

OFP wins there Hands down.

Started Royal Flush/QG at first and felt quite at home after OFP.

Just quit that ARMA campaign and am in mission 2 of Rhamadi conflict.

ARMA is to sterile, lack of cutscences and no Characters to dwell on. That newsies just don't cut. You're not drawn into a infantry simulation by some outside pukes asking dumb questions. Thought with the removal of this marian woman news coverage would end, but no it only got worse. So it was just mission after mission, half of them brainlessly thrown together. Most of the SF missions in ARMA are utter bullshit.

Last two missions liberating that northern capital were irritating to put it mildy. So the royal whatever pukes deceide to massacre some of their own people for lack of support and kindle a shooting war with the US? All in all lack of fantasy is the last thing one can attribute to the campaign designers, unfortunately they jumped the shark somewhere along the campaign.

Rhamadi conflict seems to have at least a glimpse of atmosphere but the missions are again brainlessly thrown together. A beach landing you've to prepare. Some dug in tanks and infantry ohhh my.

And very competent leadership as stated in the missions.

Really?

Why does SLA attack with just some infantry blokes the next morning while a whole company of tanks parks idly in the rear of that parking lot sized island? Why US don't US forces press on after night landing using the gained initiative but instead are happy to camp out in a thiny beachhead?

Speaking of the size of Rhamadi, how the heck is this little blanket able to support a armored brigade of SLA troops?

OFP and Resistance had their weak missions too but at least they were all strung together by a solid storyline and carried on by the developing main charachters.

S!

They need to make something like Resistance expansion again. The same, but new and refreshing.

I don't think we will ever see a campaign like CWC again, QC isnt bad but i don't think anything will ever give us that CWC feeling again.

EDIT: CWR might, if we manually add the CWC voices instead of the Elite ones. tounge2.gif

CWC and Resistance campaign will rock the shit of Arma campaigns including QG campaigns.

Man even the Red Hammer campaign what was shitty than is better than Arma campaigns.

Hope they put more effort in the campaign in Arma2

1985 campaign by far..

The original OPF campaign covered almost every single gameplay aspect of the game!

The way the gameplay was distributed over the characters was very smart and the infantry missions were memorable.

Quoted for motherfrucking truth!

CWC of course. There is a better story line and characters in Blood S... than in the other 3 ARMA campaigns it feels like someone cared about how it turned out and i think the team switch takes away from 'the feeling' its a good feature but it just doesnt feel right for a campaign.   OFP did it right, have diff caracters but keep with them for a while then change around more.  CWR will be great but they must just use the original voices cus the ones in Ambush suck, play one of william1's conversions and heck the feeling comes back.  Hopefully ARMA 2 delivers.  Cheers.

I can be so mentally exhausted after a demanding mission so if I see in the next briefing that you have to "bravely defend/attack with a small group a whole company of enemies, again", I usually quit playing for some time. If I'm not involved somehow in the story I struggle to pick it up again and continue (campaign-cheated arma in the end to see the story..). 1985 always managed to give you inspiration and a will to continue.

QG is very good imho, I enjoyed playing it. But I cant compare it to 1985 as that is so much bigger. What I really like in QG are the characters and that you didnt start as a leader (love playing as grunt! ). The story was also good with a nice twist.

Thats exactly how i did things.. When things get too hard you loose interest or if the story/missions are off, you loose interest and just don't play SP or cheat skip the missions to see the story.

But yeah QG was way better than arma but 1985 all the way.

BIS just look at "Steal the Car" Ofp mission.. make them with simplicity and style.