Sign in to follow this  
KilJoy -SFG-

Evolution (Red+Blue)

In my experience playing the great black sword by Igor Drukov when join in progress and revive are enabled people just reconnect rather then wait.

Great new version, no lags & all that.

However, it's too hard to get to the radio tower , reinforcements are too strong now.

My opinion. smile_o.gif

Very true Tijai and KilJoy.

Note my comment though:

Quote[/b] ]yet for teams (=clans) or dedicated people that is the way to go.

Take care. smile_o.gif

OK, I've had a spin with this now and I must say it's great. Artillery strikes are awesome. Shock&Awe anyone? However it's true as ppl say it's damn hard to get that tower down.. but it IS possible.

The first time I made it we were 2 players and we took an AH-6 (I was already major by that time tounge2.gif) and pounded the tower area with rockets and then the second guy parachuted directly over it and nailed it with satchel.

I'm sure we'll get more used to the hardness.. adopting our tactics etc.. I guess we'll see how it plays out the coming days and weeks.

BIG thx to you Kiljoy  thumbs-up.gif

Kiljoy, Norrin's rev/res script enables the dead to spawn at certain locations of their choosing if noone is able to get to them. In the Black Sword mission this was disabled.

Basically, if you die and noone is within the 200m radius or is able to get to you without dying, you can choose to respawn back at the base. Hence, there would be no need to disconnect and reconnect, you would just hit the "respawn 1 " button and boom your back at base. This would appeal to fans of both revive and no revive. The best of both worlds.

The script is really amazing, with so many chooseable parameters, you NEED to check it out.

I loose session after 10 minutes, played Evo-Red and Evo-Blue..I never lost Session on Evo 3.0/3.1/4.0

Addons:TrueMods,Effects+FDF..

Anyone else ?

I loose session after 10 minutes, played Evo-Red and Evo-Blue..I never lost Session on Evo 3.0/3.1/4.0

Addons:TrueMods,Effects+FDF..

Anyone else ?

if by loose connection then its your internet.

I have not tryed these new missions yet.

KilJoy if you find a way to make the norrin revive script to work in these missions, they might win more fans. wink_o.gif

Alot of people don't play Evolution because the fact of those "direct" Respawns.

IMO "direct" Respawns just kill all the fun in any mission that have alot to offer, not to mention the spirit of CooP.

Hope you can find a way to make it work smile_o.gif

It's really annoying bug, that you can't recruit more than 1 human-soldier to the squad. Also, I think now mission is a little to bit complicated due whole new scripts like halo (it's totally useless). Reinforcments called by enemy kills servers by lags and crashes.

I really enjoyed version 3.0 and waited for more optimalizations and I think that next version of Evo could be a lite version of latest version... huh.gif

If people have server crashes id be interested in seeing the last few lines of there arma_server.RPT from that session.

But I played for a while on one server and all things were fine then big dysncs happind, somehow I think that was more to do with the zombies with stingers walking around and the Humvee rain then my scripts tho.

even though i got QG installed, it says:

you cannot play blabla..downloadable content...sara_dbe1, mercenary_dbe1, hmmw_dbe1

...when i want to join a server with evo QG.

anyone know why?

Sounds like you didnt start arma with a modded shortcut

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> -mod=DBE1

@ Oct. 07 2007,01:15)]Sounds like you didnt start arma with a modded shortcut

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> -mod=DBE1

ok fixed it, thx alot, i didnt have the DBE pbos in my addon folder doh! banghead.gif

Great to see some new stuff played both an like! Computer crashed 3 times in a row tryin to join Full Contact server, but not sure if it's me or server as graphics are all over. Evo-Red is nice change of pace 8)

Yup just tried again get what appears to be a script error, then recieving data runs thru then game crashes. i played it earlier like i said an accidently quit server then hav'nt been able to get in since. I hosted my own Evo-Red an it goes fine. i joined an over seas server just to see if i could get it goin but recieving data was still goin after 10 min or so.

HP Pav AMD Anthalon 64 x2 4600+ 2.4 2 gig, Nividia 7900 Windows PukeVista. tried altering target in desktop icon for various uses to include nosplash, max mem 512 with an without FDF Sounds still no go.

Great to see some new stuff played both an like! Computer crashed 3 times in a row tryin to join Full Contact server, but not sure if it's me or server as graphics are all over. Evo-Red is nice change of pace 8)

Yup just tried again get what appears to be a script error, then recieving data runs thru then game crashes. i played it earlier like i said an accidently quit server then hav'nt been able to get in since. I hosted my own Evo-Red an it goes fine. i joined an over seas server just to see if i could get it goin but recieving data was still goin after 10 min or so.

HP Pav AMD Anthalon 64 x2 4600+ 2.4 2 gig, Nividia 7900 Windows PukeVista. tried altering target in desktop icon for various uses to include nosplash, max mem 512 with an without FDF Sounds still no go.

how many people did it have, sometimes over 15 people it gets bitchy.

i tried it on several servers and always there are cycles of 'fine gameplay' and

then when AI updates (either yellow or red desync)

and then all of sudden AI pops out of nowhere ...

i saw this happen even of very fast server ...

Just want to offer thanks and a little hope to Kiljoy who is probably sweating all the crash reports about now, so far so good on the =dB= server mission has been up 24hrs+ no bad reports from any players either! I try to discourage mod use as much as possible perhaps other mods are conflicting with mission? Anyway all well here so far!

Thanks

Joined a diff server runin Evo-Red just fine, dunno what the deal is, anyways yes fine missions regardless of probs I'm sure will be fixed.( i almost gave up on ArmA til this) biggrin_o.gif

Its really hard to tell what is going on with the hacks involved. banghead.gif

Anyone tried ICBM yet biggrin_o.gif

For people crashing. Check arma rpt it will give you a better answer of why your crashing. If its a scripting error then it will say in the rpt what caused the crash.

@ Oct. 08 2007,01:14)]Anyone tried ICBM yet biggrin_o.gif

I have tried the ICBM playing MP in LAN mode...very interesting to say the least! I'm still not sure how I feel about using it (I am also uneasy about the one available right before it) but I will continue to evaluate.

I've tried all of the ordnance requests. IMO some are nice and some are a little overpowering. They are nice if you are playing with a small group and don't have dedicated close air support but it can get overwhelming with too many people..

Overall I really like the new release. Remembering the kit loadout for respawns is fantastic...

It would be nice if only the overall group leader had access to the support menu (right now it seems that any squad/group leader can, is that correct?). That way all of the requests come from a central authority.

Also, I haven't really tracked it too well but it does seem that if there are no friendlies in the gray zone, the AI don't respawn to full. Instead they seem to respawn to near their last known level (not incl. reinforcements) as you said they would previously. If that is true then well done again!

Yes once you take the tower down it begins to remember how many enemy you have killed in the zone and re spawns only remainders when you revisit. smile_o.gif

First at all KilJoy thx for your hard work in this missions...

... but two things killing the fun with this missions

the reinforcements spam and support spam crazy_o.gif

please slow down reinforcements and make the support option only

available for an overall leader like an HQ or somthing.

greets

Yeah they way the reinforcements in the zone thing work is crap, i remeber playing a red evo a while back and it looks as if yo just used that. Makes it too difficult.