Sign in to follow this  
KilJoy -SFG-

Evolution (Red+Blue)

Can someone please post a ink to HoHei Evolution RED. It's hard enough finding Blue but RED seems impossible to grab from anywhere smile_o.gif I've seen servers running a version

http://stats.swec.se/game/data/924989

but i'll be buggered if i can find it. Anyone?

Go on a server then look in C:\Documents and Settings\Your User Name\Local Settings\Application Data\ArmA\MPMissionsCache you should find the file there in XP.

On Vista its in the C:\Users\Your user name\AppData\Local\ArmA\MPMissionsCache.

You will find the mission files for every version you have ever played there!

Yeh I did try that but all the servers i see it on are passworded. Anyone got a link?

Two questions:

How can you add more Ka-50s and Su-34s to Evolution?

Also, how can I get the AI in the cities to use Kronzy's Urban Patrol Script?

Thanks.

Two questions:

How can you add more Ka-50s and Su-34s to Evolution?

Also, how can I get the AI in the cities to use Kronzy's Urban Patrol Script?

Thanks.

check my Evo mod, both is in ...

Thanks...

I've checked it, but as the scripts are complex, I can't tell where you inserted the line of code for the enemy AI to use the UPS script.

As well as the KA and SU additions. If you can kinda lead me where to look that will help.

Can someone tell me where I can get the modded Evolution that uses MHQ? I can't seem to find it anywhere. I got V3 but I would like to use V2.

There are at least two posted in the last few pages. One is an updated version from Dwarden and the other is by Matt Rochell.

i know, but im looking for the MHQ that 506th B CO uses. currently i'm using Dwarden's version.

i know, but im looking for the MHQ that 506th B CO uses. currently i'm using Dwarden's version.

if u played it - its already on your hard-drive.

Have a look in flw folder:

C:\Documents and Settings\"yourname"\Local Settings\Application Data\ArmA\MPMissionsCache

Remember to have "show hidden files&folders" on

Quote[/b] ]if u played it - its already on your hard-drive.

Have a look in flw folder:

C:\Documents and Settings\"yourname"\Local Settings\Application Data\ArmA\MPMissionsCache

Remember to have "show hidden files&folders" on

i did that, and for some reason all the missions i've played are just empty folders. their's not pbo's that i can use.

Thanks...

I've checked it, but as the scripts are complex, I can't tell where you inserted the line of code for the enemy AI to use the UPS script.

As well as the KA and SU additions.  If you can kinda lead me where to look that will help.

sry it's not single line ...

you need do that for each unit inside the zone or supposed to reach the zone (reinf) etc.

it's not complex but it's definitely not so simple ...

Thanks...

As well as the KA and SU additions. If you can kinda lead me where to look that will help.

sry it's not single line ...

you need do that for each unit inside the zone or supposed to reach the zone (reinf) etc.

it's not complex but it's definitely not so simple ...

Yeah, nothing is simple these days. crazy_o.gif I'll see what I can do. Thanks.

What about the KA and SU?

that's quite simple you can just multiple the script's for these (scripts/sinit.sqf) ...

that's quite simple you can just multiple the script's for these (scripts/sinit.sqf) ...

Thanks...

The one file I viewed only once at the very start of editing Evo, and never looked at again because it didn't have anything in it or relevance (at that time).

Id like each modded Evo mission to have its own thread

with its own explanaition on what has been changed and

were to download the mission...

PLEASE

i have a question for kiljoy or some of the veteran evo modders, what are the black markers for in the mission? Are they used for anything? If i add more towns do i need more markers if they are used?

Probably the large circles around towns. They are useful to let you know where to search for enemy and also to quickly indicate at a glance if a town is clear as they disappear then.

These are spawn locations for reinforcements and random locations for missions. e.g parref = pariso reinforcements. mrnd9 = random mission location 9.

I have a request for a new version of Evo smile_o.gif

Could someone make a version (with the necessary permissions of course), where you play as East but you start at the usual Blue start point (airfield at Paraiso).

I like playing as SLA but dont like the current Evo Red because you have to travel so damn far between towns on North Sahrani...

Mandrake

First thing we did, after the Linux dedicated beta 1.12 server has been released:

Starting a new Evo round! It's fantastic!

I really don't like too much modded versions, but for our server we also changed a few things.

- Bigger "spawn triggers" arround the cities.

- Reactivated the choppers, bringimg troops.

- Doubled the number of soldiers you can recruit.

There is so much action going on arround you, it's just GREAT!

KilJoy, your fantastic mission is one very important piece for me(and I'm sure for many others too) to still playing armed assault.

Thank you!

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

What all scripts did you have to edit to reactivate the choppers to bring troops?

I found a bug playing Evolution on 9th's server last night. I don't know if this is fixed yet, but while you're healing if you press "Build MASH" a bunch of times you spawn a bunch of MASH tent's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0SM4S-9cCg

What really sucks is they don't disappear if you Build another MASH. Maybe you could delete the "Build" action for a time period when someone triggers a self heal?

Could be evolution script little optimised;

-remove missions

-only one city available for attacking, others can not be triggered

-destroyed(enemy) objects should disappear after a some period of time

or at least in conquered cities, this might be a good reducement of calculation

-fight only on south sahrani

Of course all should be server-side options, because there are many players who would still want to have missions or other stuff, but there is also many players who rather sacrifise candy things to get smoother game.

I have a question about a modded EVO mission..

Its "CO30 EVOLUTION BLUE V3 MHQ"...The ranked one.

What is the pbo filename for that mission??

I have like 10-15 diffrent files wich all

is some EVO mission..But The filename

and mission name shown in server isnt

the same...

Here it lists Evolution as being V4, author Kiljoy.

Is this V4 an official version? There is no mention of it here, and the first post on this thread still lists V3.