Sign in to follow this  
KilJoy -SFG-

Evolution (Red+Blue)

I would love to, but I have no idea where to find that file you just named.

I would love to, but I have no idea where to find that file you just named.

c:\Documents and Settings\%YOURUSERNAME%\Local Settings\Application Data\ArmA\arma.RPT

ofc if You use custom directory for Documents&Settings then it will be in that one

Found the RPT file, but didn't see the message. I duplicated it instead:

ErrorMessage.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v128/ddogg77/ErrorMessage.jpg

By the way, not sure if you intended to or not, but I get Enemy's spawning on the tarmac and on the road just below the hill all the time after that message. Not sure if there is a correlation or not.

Also, it would be a nice addon if you added Karrillions squad equip scripts to the mission. Speeds up customizing squads instead of having them find the crates. He has it where you can equip from many spots, including ammo crates that are dropped.

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, I tried searching for an answer but I couldn't find one... How do you 'save' player ranks? I'm playing the map with three friends and we are not using a dedicated server, just an ordinary created one, and every time we restart the server, all the ranks are gone.

Got a question for those of you who has edited Evolution for your use now or in the past. When ever you create new vehicles in the base, do they automatically get a marker placed on them when they leave the base and are unattended and when they are damaged?

If not than what files do I need to edit to make that possible for any new vehicles I add to the base that I want those features to be available for.

@Dwarden

How did you do the 'Unflip' and make it available to the players in the action menu.

Thanks

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, I tried searching for an answer but I couldn't find one... How do you 'save' player ranks? I'm playing the map with three friends and we are not using a dedicated server, just an ordinary created one, and every time we restart the server, all the ranks are gone.

You can't.

Oh, okay.. That makes the rankings fairly annoying. Thanks for the quick response. smile_o.gif

Got a question for those of you who has edited Evolution for your use now or in the past. When ever you create new vehicles in the base, do they automatically get a marker placed on them when they leave the base and are unattended and when they are damaged?

If not than what files do I need to edit to make that possible for any new vehicles I add to the base that I want those features to be available for.

@Dwarden

How did you do the 'Unflip' and make it available to the players in the action menu.

Thanks

Got the markers working. Just had to add the vehicles to the respawn list.

To whom it concernes: Evo Spin offs.

Do you have a thread for your version? It's rather mixed up in here and to give feed back on missions is a problem. I would advice that if you have a spin off of the Evo mission you release, create a thread about it. Would help address issues with it, if any.

I believe you can fudge it by altering the

scores=[];

line in init.sqf to

scores=["Name1",200,"Name2",300,"Name3",400];

This would give a player with name Name1 200 points, Name2 300 points and Name3 400 points. This means that you need to note the scores before leaving the previous session and edit the file before starting the new session. This only restores the scores, not the current state of the mission, so you will start back at the first town again.

I have only tried this with one player, but can't see why it wouldn't work with more.

a simply question to Dwarden's Evo

at mission start a message appears

something like ..'Don't use XAM or ECS here'

Why we can't use XAM or ECS for this version?

Thx

Can someone please post a ink to HoHei Evolution RED. It's hard enough finding Blue but RED seems impossible to grab from anywhere smile_o.gif I've seen servers running a version

http://stats.swec.se/game/data/924989

but i'll be buggered if i can find it. Anyone?

a simply question to Dwarden's Evo

at mission start a message appears

something like ..'Don't use XAM or ECS here'

Why we can't use XAM or ECS for this version?

Thx

Not 100% on this, but I think it is because they are not properly XEH compatible and so cause server crashes and bugs during the mission.

Can someone please post a ink to HoHei Evolution RED. It's hard enough finding Blue but RED seems impossible to grab from anywhere smile_o.gif I've seen servers running a version

I can't even enter a Hohei blue server. What does the hohei have that others don't?

mandrake first the mod of Evo i made it's bit more tanking on server (slow CPU servers can't handle it)

and it's bit more demanding on players (than massacre default EVO AI ducks)

last case are some of bugs i introduced , tho none of them seems to be gamebreaking ,

more like 'going on my nerves' cause i can't track them wink_o.gif

last build

http://w16.easy-share.com/1700118081.html

btw. Deus still getting the error ? i never replicated that one

would sombody PLEASE change the respawn to the Ambulance. What i am looking for is a plain Vanilla EvoBV2 with the respawn made mobile by the ambulance.

Go on a server then look in C:\Documents and Settings\Your User Name\Local Settings\Application Data\ArmA\MPMissionsCache you should find the file there in XP.

On Vista its in the C:\Users\Your user name\AppData\Local\ArmA\MPMissionsCache.

You will find the mission files for every version you have ever played there!

I appreciate your help, Bravo, but all the 1.08 servers are passworded every time I try and join sad_o.gif

What does the Hohei version have that others don't?

@Dwarden:

No, I can't seem to get it again either. Atleast I posted it so it wasn't a figment of my mind.

My team is loving what you have done. We spent even more hours hammering at it last night. Cayo was bombed to rubble.

First thing we did, after the Linux dedicated beta 1.12 server has been released:

Starting a new Evo round! It's fantastic!

I really don't like too much modded versions, but for our server we also changed a few things.

- Bigger "spawn triggers" arround the cities.

- Reactivated the choppers, bringimg troops.

- Doubled the number of soldiers you can recruit.

There is so much action going on arround you, it's just GREAT!

KilJoy, your fantastic mission is one very important piece for me(and I'm sure for many others too) to still playing armed assault.

Thank you!

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

@ April 13 2008,03:55)]Nice to see people still enjoying evo.

nice to see You around notworthy.gif

@ April 12 2008,21:55)]Nice to see people still enjoying evo.

Where you been Kiljoy, long time since anyone seen you around.