Sign in to follow this  
KilJoy -SFG-

Evolution (Red+Blue)

I love this mission I really do, but can I add some small request? For the love of all things holy, remove the -30 point penalty for killing unarmed OPFOR!

I was having great fun tonight and just getting into a mission, firing away at them pesky marines who were all running around in the distance, and suddenly *BAM* I'm stuck in that frigging room with even MORE annoying music than the last version.... For 100 seconds! All because I can't run the game on a huge monitor at a resolution/detail high enough to see if the enemy Im shooting at in the distance are carrying guns or not.

The town wasn't cleared, so I can assume it was either the officer I clipped or an enemy that had somehow lost his gun (I've seen it happen many a time). Anyway the end result was me deciding to logout and shut the game down entirely, since I had no desire to spend the next hour trying to work those 30 points back again. I mean jeez, that's TEN tanks. I appreciate it's simulating the dire consequences of shooting a prisoner or something, but I don't think IRL you'd get in much trouble for shooting a guy down in uniform when all his friends are running around next to him shooting at you....

Other than that, awesome mission as ever. wink_o.gif

Ok, stupid question here. Most EVO blue games go in city order. What happens if you attack the enemy airbase after the first city instead? No more enemy aircraft? No more reinforcements? Will it make the rest of the game easier?

Has anyone tried this?

Quote[/b] ]I love this mission I really do, but can I add some small request? For the love of all things holy, remove the -30 point penalty for killing unarmed OPFOR!

I could not agree more on both issues! Evolution is great fun, but the -30 point penalty is not a good solution. Perhaps it simulates illegal or unnecessary casulaties of war, but why not use civilians for this purpose instead? An unarmed officer standing in the middle of open field, surrounded by his soldiers, and killing him being illegal, .. just causes anger in worst cases. Using indirect fire becomes difficult, and often the officer has to be eliminated and penalties taken deliberatively in some situation.

MarcusaQ

Yes, please remove that stupid penalty. Add civilians if you want us to be careful with what we shoot, but if I see a guy running with a Strela on his back and shoot his head off, why the *beep* do I get -30 score because he doesn't have an AK? He's still armed!

Maybe do it so that you don't get any score at all for shooting "unarmed" opponents, but you go tell those soldier in Iraq that they should be put to trial for shooting enemy rebels, just because they hit the person after that person ran out of ammo? Idiotic!

So, as others have said. Add civilians if you want something to make people be careful with what they shoot, but friggin don't make someone lose a silly, insane, dumb amount of points for shooting a uniformed soldier that happens to be without an AK. Most shots are done at such a distance one couldn't even distinguish if the person has an AK or not.

Quote[/b] ]You even should add a penalty for teamkill: lost of ALL points !

Not a good idea, because then you won't have a single person ever driving you or flying you anywhere, since crashing with a helicopter counts as teamkilling all inside.

For the love of all things holy, remove the -30 point penalty for killing unarmed OPFOR!

Signed!

Quote[/b] ]You even should add a penalty for teamkill: lost of ALL points !

Not a good idea, because then you won't have a single person ever driving you or flying you anywhere, since crashing with a helicopter counts as teamkilling all inside.

on the contrary, i think it's even too mild a penalty. i'm all for an improved 'fear of death and penalty' system. and i don't think that people would completely refrain from tackling that challenge. more so, if the transport of troops would earn you more points.

pilots that crash and kill their passengers should lose their flying rank (if you dont know how to fly safely either don't fly or go practice offline).

plain teamkills caused by your own fire should earn you a nice prison break.

idiots that are damaging friendly choppers (i.e. by friendly fire or driving vehicles into them) should get extra prison as well.

i dunno if it's possible to distinguish these kill/damage types from a scripting point of view but that's how i would implement it if i had the time and knowledge...

And how about a pilot getting their tail rotor shot, or a pilot that have to try to escape AA fire from UAZs (after all the DShK is made for shooting aircraft), manages to land with everyone getting out, and then get shot so the helicopter explodes with the others so close they die in the explosion? Should that pilot too be penalized so badly he leaves the server?

And how about a pilot getting their tail rotor shot, or a pilot that have to try to escape AA fire from UAZs (after all the DShK is made for shooting aircraft), manages to land with everyone getting out, and then get shot so the helicopter explodes with the others so close they die in the explosion? Should that pilot too be penalized so badly he leaves the server?

For real... I can't begin to count the number of times I've been shot out of the air by an unlucky hit. It happens... you get over it.

Is Kiljoy still around or has he abandoned ArmA for good?

I saw a Evolution Blue + V2 map...

It had *Hitch Vehicle* for Engineers only, when using the Blackhawk.

This is MISSION CRITICAL!

Ever notice all the old vehicles left strewn across the map in old cities?

Engineers can bring them to the frontlines now!

I assume this was an edit by someone else...

There need to be an official version in all Evolution maps because too many servers are not using Evolution Blue+ V2.

[Not to be confused with Evolution Blue V2 which does not have hitch vehicle, it is Evolution Blue+ V2]

Well, I don't know what Kiljoy is up to.... whether he has abandoned ArmA for good, since there have not been any new posts from him in months I guess...

But Hohei has put in what Evolution needed!

Look for the Hohei Evolution Blue map! Get that running on your servers!

An AMBULANCE that we can respawn at! We can bring it to the frontlines and spawn from there!!! The single most important thing to prevent people leaving the server when we are dealing with faraway cities!

Blackhawks that can HITCH vehicles and bring them to the frontlines!

Be sure to check it out if you've been looking for an updated Evolution bringing in a lot of the things you've all been asking for! Had TREMENDOUS fun on this map!!!

I found another bug in Evolution Red V2 :

When repairing and rearming a Su34B (ground attack) at the base, after having emptied all ammos (especially Ch29), I noticed I had additional bombs !

+ 6 GBU as like I was flying a Harrier in addition to my Ch29 and S8T.

Another thing : i'd really like to play a version of Evolution Red V2 that has Robert Hammer's AKs (and of course a Blue version with Robert Hammer's M4/M16) but I suck at scripting, and couldn't figure how to do it when editing the mission... When I add an ammocrate it makes the mission crash, or it's impossible to load on a dedicated server.

Does anyone have an idea which might help me to realize it, or does this mission already exist (haven't seen it online yet).

Could anyone please upload the 2.01 beta 8 version (or the latest for that matter) of Hohei Evolution? I can't find it anywhere, I tried Google for about a full hour and Armed Assault sites.

Then I tried connecting to a server to see if it went in my cache or something, no luck there. Also tried searching BI Forums...

Just upload it on RapidShare or something, I'd be very happy if someone could do this for me whistle.gif

Much appreciated!

Could anyone please upload the 2.01 beta 8 version (or the latest for that matter) of Hohei Evolution? I can't find it anywhere, I tried Google for about a full hour and Armed Assault sites.

look out for the following servers:

[FR] =[A*C]= Air Commando -French Only- Server

JPN Jackass Server [FPSGAMERS.INFO]

good luck smile_o.gif

Yes, I tried joining all of the Hohei servers, but the mission doesn't seem to show up in My Documents ArmA folder huh.gif

Yes, I tried joining all of the Hohei servers, but the mission doesn't seem to show up in My Documents ArmA folder huh.gif

you have to join an ongoing mission of course. or join the server when noone else is on and vote yourself admin.

anyway, me being a nice guy i did that for you:

EVOLUTION HOHEI 2.01 beta8

The files end up in C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR NAME\Local Settings\Application Data\ArmA\MPMissionsCache on my machine in XP anyway.

If using Vista try searching for the filename.

you have to join an ongoing mission of course. or join the server when noone else is on and vote yourself admin.

anyway, me being a nice guy i did that for you:

EVOLUTION HOHEI 2.01 beta8

Your truly a nice guy hehe, thank you very much notworthy.gif

@ Bravo17, thanks too smile_o.gif

Alright guys ive just downloading that Hohei Evolution as I haven't heard of this one before! I must of been sleeping when this was put out! smile_o.gif

Wondering if anyone can shed any light on what the key differences between the current EVO are!?

Thanks in advance

Alright guys ive just downloading that Hohei Evolution as I haven't heard of this one before! I must of been sleeping when this was put out! smile_o.gif

Wondering if anyone can shed any light on what the key differences between the current EVO are!?

Thanks in advance

read a couple of posts up

Thanks in advance

read a couple of posts up

banghead.gif Thanks for that been a long day! smile_o.gif

Exactly what Evo needed ill give it a go when i get a chance any improvement to the AI?

anyone know where can I download Hohei Evolution?

Couple of posts up page 18 biggrin_o.gif