Sign in to follow this  
KilJoy -SFG-

Evolution (Red+Blue)

Kiljoy great missions. Really enjoy them.

Changing the name of the ICBM to "Tactical Nuke" would make a little more sense. wink_o.gif

Have u thought of a PvP evoloution? Cause this one is just boring and hardly a challenge it just needs patience and the time to kill all thosebots (that just sit there and wait to be executed as they dont actually "see" you when u are far). What do u say?

Have u thought of a PvP evoloution? Cause this one is just boring and hardly a challenge it just needs patience and the time to kill all thosebots (that just sit there and wait to be executed as they dont actually "see" you when u are far). What do u say?

There is a 9th Infantery version of Evolution V3.0 that is actually a PvP Evolution.

To my mind Evolution should stay a coop mission.

You need to fix the ammocrate vs BMP in EVO Red...

AI´s going for the ammocrate in the Hangar gets stuck

in front of the BMP Ambulance...Sometimes...Not allways.

Move either of them please...

And the pointsdeduction for halo is too high imho..

6points..Comon...

halo is 1/10th of your rank. its only 6 points if your score is over 60 and under 100.

Its free until you get first rank of 10.

Ok..

But when you get to Colonel its not worth it...

Maby a fixed price after you gain your first

rank...

Oh one more thing...

Played RED last night and in Obregan

i was in a MH6 with 2 AI´s of mine.

Hits F2,F3, 6 and 2 (eject) made my PC

to freeze totaly...Dont know if it was my

Pc, the game or the server...

Was playing at SWEC-Public server.

KilJoy,

Any way to make the ICBM explosion knock down trees or make them disappear (as if vaporized by the blast)?  Looks kinda "meh" with all the buildings leveled, soldiers dead and vehicles on fire but all the trees are still standing.

A few other ideas/concerns:

Earlier in this thread someone mentioned they had added a script for airlifting vehicles with choppers.  The more I think about this idea, the more I like it.  Would help avoid those long tedious drives getting a piece of hardware up to the north end of Sahrani. As for having the AI do this grunt work, they are not great at this task because they refuse to cross bridges.

Engineers sometimes don't get repair points for repairing a vehicle (in some games, this happens more often than not).  Is this by design or a bug?

The engineer vehicle ammo reloading bug (only one mag reloads) is also quite maddening - I really wish this could be fixed so that we could get full reloads.  As it is, it really reduces the value of several vehicles that can only carry as little as 20% of their original ammo load (HMMV MGs for example).

Also, can you please add a grace period of a few seconds on the -30 points penalty for killing an opfor inf after clearing a city?  I had a situation tonight where the city clear message came while my bullet was in flight and then hit a surrendered opfor inf (who was armed when I pulled the trigger), and I got sent to the banana room for it.

Where do I get Evo Unlocked?

I've seen some servers with it, and want to try with some friends.

Kiljoy great missions. Really enjoy them.

Changing the name of the ICBM to "Tactical Nuke" would make a little more sense. wink_o.gif

Only because you want to nuke everybody. Foo!

I love this version too. Nice work again KilJoy ! I can't say that enough.

Is there somewheres I can get some of the previous versions too? I like the version with the mi's dropping soldiers and lots of troops! So I can play some lanplay or such

I played a server today with that version and I was like Rambo for a few hours

I was even using all my ammo and picking up dead soldiers weapons, alotta fun

PING PING KILJOY!

Well first thanx for the new upgraded mission of EVO.

I host it on my little private connection. Me and my buddies play it. All the time.

1. Could you tell me how to add 3 more engineer's?

Since there is 6 of us. Some nights we all want to be engineer's. Some nights we don't care. So I would like to add that option to the mission. I already added 3 more engineer's. They can build farps, but the those engineer's farps don't rearm, repair or refuel. But the original 3 engineer's farps work fine. So could you please tell me what file and line to add or change. Thank You...

I also will not share this mission.

Where do I get Evo Unlocked?

I've seen some servers with it, and want to try with some friends.

I was wondering the same thing. I have been on unlocked servers too.

Is there any way an admin can add points to a user?

I like the idea of ranking up, but I just got some friends into the game and I want to let them fly planes and helicopters and what not.

Also this is a weird thing that happens - im running a Linux server on Ubuntu 7 and when I fire up evo blue or red there is no enemy spawn??

If I go to a city it will instantly say cleared and usually rank me up. I have drive around for a long time before I even see one guy and he is usually by himself? it's like the map is already cleared?

So like some script isn't running or something??

I can run the old version - 1.5 and this doesn't happen. It runs fine.

Very strange - anyone else have this problem?

banghead.gif

There is no one to shoot! pistols.gif

Edit: Upon reading more I guess it is a scripting problem in Linux and I will just have retart until it works.

I actually played this for the first time since the v1 days of Evo.. and its improved greatly, very nice, the scripts/sheer scale of the mission hurt my FPS a bit, but its great fun.

Highlight was doing some laser designated bombing in the harrier, was great fun.

Nice work.

Hi Kilroy

Great work with the evolution maps. My friends and me are really enjoying the maps.

But i have a question/problem. On the blue sahrani map we have multiple times cleared paradiso but we dont get the message that we have cleared it or the marker on the clipboard.

And then after a couple of minutes infantry and vehicles start respawning again and its all over again. Even though we have destroyed the antenna and got the message about it (but not the marker on clipboard).

We have patrolled and cleared the city from both air and ground and killed all again and again and the same thing happends.

We didnt have that problem in the earlier version of evolution. So have parameters for taking a city changed or what are we missing to clear the city??

Hope to get some feedback

Best Regards

Dkraver

I'm using the beta 1.09 patch...

I don't know if this was the same problem in 1.08 or not... I think I've seen it happen in 1.08 before.

When I repaired a MK 19 Humvee using a FARP, it gives the humvee one clip of MK 19, instead of several clips.

I'm using the beta 1.09 patch...

I don't know if this was the same problem in 1.08 or not... I think I've seen it happen in 1.08 before.

When I repaired a MK 19 Humvee using a FARP, it gives the humvee one clip of MK 19, instead of several clips.

Yep it was the same with the 1.08 patch.

Well, looks like it wasn't your mission's fault for causing those out of memory errors after all, Kiljoy.

5170 - Fixed: Memory leak on dedicated server (several KB per a mission played).

Hey just wondering something (Great maps BTW)

Is there an unranked version? Sometimes when our clan want to play a game we dont want any points because we all know our different jobs and just want to jump straight into it (Like everyone knows who the pilot is, sniper ect.)

Hey just wondering something (Great maps BTW)

Is there an unranked version? Sometimes when our clan want to play a game we dont want any points because we all know our different jobs and just want to jump straight into it (Like everyone knows who the pilot is, sniper ect.)

GOL made an unranked version. Its not official though.

Awesome mission, but one problem:

How is that I open the parachute in the HALO mode?

I just fall to my death and can't seem to open parachute.

Thanks for any help. smile_o.gif

Awesome mission, but one problem:

How is that I open the parachute in the HALO mode?

I just fall to my death and can't seem to open parachute.

Thanks for any help. smile_o.gif

The [ESC] button is the key to open your parachute. smile_o.gif