Sign in to follow this  
KilJoy -SFG-

Evolution (Red+Blue)

isn't it like that you have to be a Sf soldier or else the satchel charge wont work on the tower? smile_o.gif that was like one of the changes in the last or the version before that one.

Hello,

As I previously said for the Javelin missile landing too far, the same thing seems to happens to Hellfire missiles. When flying in a AH-1Z with a human as a gunner, the Hellfire missiles never destroy enemy vehicules. huh.gif and that's a bit frustrating ! tounge2.gif

jav can be fired in 2 modes , one is an arc trajectory and the other flys direct to target, direct mode seems to be 100% accurate, to fire it in direct mode get a lock but don't raise the scope and press fire. Seems to me jeeps and trucks are the hardest to hit as maybe it flys thro the crew area when theres a soft top roof?

Kiljoy,

Last night while playing offline on the EVO Blue version 2 I found a good (?) bug where the radio tower was destroyed when I accidentally deactivated the satchel charge I had placed near the tower in Paraiso.

Version 2 seems to be a bit easier to play solo, (maybe I got betterer, unlikely though smile_o.gif )

Regards

Gnrnr

Hello,

Okay thanks KillJoy, I'll try that. But I add problems with any of the enemy vehicules...

Do you have any comment on the other bugs ? Were you aware of them ?

I have the same feeling as gnrnr, maybe we became better but we feel like Evo Blue V2 is easier due to the fact that there is fewer enemies in the cities and no more Mi17 reinforcements. Some of my mates found it was funniest with the Mi17, harder but funniest (because they love shooting them down with At-4 ! tounge2.gif ).

Will you reimplement them in a later version or was it only a try ? Maybe you could add them back but with a longer timing between 2 reinforcements than in Blue V1... Just an idea wink_o.gif .

wow! I thought I was having trouble with this mission when I saw there were no Mi-17's I really like those....yes, they are a blast to kill with the m136. you really have to have luck on your side to hit them though.

TCM

I agree that the towns are too easy now, I liked the way it was before. Weird you can't please everyone...I used to see people come on the server say its too hard and leave to go the old version before, now server is mostly full .So you probably had alot of complaints that it was too hard before but I liked it. I would have liked it a bit harder even. Sometimes not enough enemies to go around.

Again ..Great Mission Kiljoy!!

TCM: Nice to meet you man, I was wondering if you came here.Your server is the best! Around 30 ping for me.

what about just scale the reinforcements on number of players on server ...

OK I have some comments now...

Sorry I am new to Evo, only since Arma have I played so I don't know all the instructions and benefits of each class, I mostly play Engineer or Medic

Playing engineer you have to hop in the drivers seat for a moment to properly repair vehicles I notice and this works even if you don't have required rank.Engineer should be allowed to drive more but it still works fine.I hop in the drivers seat get kicked out then hop gunner or passenger

Reload bug on most vehicles that have multiple magazines, it only resupplies the first mag

You don't get kills for driving over enemies which is a good tactic when I am recovering a damaged vehicle within enemy territory

You don't get killcount for your AI's kills either unless they are gunner for your vehicle

AI often TK friendlies possesing a enemy vehicle

When I play medic I do alotta work walking up to hurt people but MOST people don't use the medic and its a waste of time.The Medic relive script is a very good idea with maybe like a 2 minute respawn, would make medics all more important.Its a long walk/drive to enemy front and then you die, medics could revive at the frontline

Playing most other classes its alotta work to get your score up, I am not sure what the benefits of each class are

Snipers should get double points for rifle kills or something

Everyone should get double kills for pistol kills ( i leave pistol at base often...useless)

People joining the servers are just filling up vacant slots and I get stuck as assault or sniper often and they are not doing their job (this wouldn't happen on a clan game I know)

A way to see who is what class would be nice, so I can see when they leave and quit out and take their class or a way to swap class in-game would be nice too altho I often remember who-is-what when I see their tag ingame

Another thing I notice is usually new players are attacking other cities and it causes more lag (AI jumping around) and extra load on the server because its spawning enemies in several cities rather than the one.Also people doing missions are probably activating this.Not sure what can be done about this as clans could have tactics for some to start on other towns while cleanup finish's old towns.

To encourage teamwork I am thinking along the lines of feature that If you have little rank that you can't attack foreign cities on your own (hints would surely have to come up to tell them which city is being worked on or something)

Does anyone have old instructions?

Snipers should get double points for their rifle shots

I agree with most of your comments BraTTy.

I still can't hit anything with the javelin missile even when I try your piece of advice KillJoy. Am I the only one ? Could it be a script problem ? I can do a fraps capture if you want.

As a matter of fact i never use it on Evo cause reloadable M136 (heretic !!! tounge2.gif ) are much more effective.

Shall I reinstall my game ?

Concerning the Hellfire problem I had, it seems that with a human as a gunner, the missiles follow the aim of the gunner as it should go where the pilot locked the target. But when you pilot the Ah-1Z with a bot as a gunner and with manual fire on, there is no problem.

I have gotten a few comments from players on my server that the Mi17s never show up in V2. This means that there are a lot less reinforcements and thats making the game a lot easier.

I was looking for a way to change it back to the way it was, but I couldn't find any changes in relevant scripts. Could you tell me how I could reverse this on my own?

Thanks.

as I said about parachuter's before. It seems theres a random generic (built into the game) bug that will lock up a server if you use them in missions a lot. I have no way of fixing this as i don't even know what the problem is. All i know know is the mission will end now before a server locks up and dies. If you want to have parachuter reinforcements just play versions 1 of red and blue. Very little else changed.

On the version I'm running now brings back the Mi-17's my server name is Trash's ArmA Server. I missed the Mi-17s and decided to bring them back. Everyone on my server seems to like the idea. We've gone through the mission with 20-25 players completely and had no crashes. (knock on wood)

TCM

Hi all,

I'm writing about a strange bug occurred last night while I was engaging a nasty group of Eastern units playing Evo Blue (sorry, but I don't remember the mission's version...I was into some german server).

The bug causes the immediate and complete loss of all player equipment leaving him suddenly unarmed against foes. That problem occurred twice during the game...then i gave up.

The bug occurred also to other players...there was a lot of people screaming up around about this biggrin_o.gif

Can two ICBMs destroy a tower? I hit the final tower at Paraiso tower with two and the mission promptly ended.

Hi, a Evolution that uses the Johnn's USMC v1.3 will be very pimp,

i miss the use in MP of addons like that one, that had a good take

by the public and that sure that many people have; and also the

QG partisans as enemyes, that will add more variety to the OPFOR

side, and maybe even the RACS Spy too, for be rescued alive from

somewhere and taken out to a safe EZ as side mission. Let's C ya

Hi all,

I'm writing about a strange bug occurred last night while I was engaging a nasty group of Eastern units playing Evo Blue (sorry, but I don't remember the mission's version...I was into some german server).

The bug causes the immediate and complete loss of all player equipment leaving him suddenly unarmed against foes. That problem occurred twice during the game...then i gave up.

The bug occurred also to other players...there was a lot of people screaming up around about this biggrin_o.gif

Was it a public server, if yes it sounds like a hacking code...

On the version I'm running now brings back the Mi-17's my server name is Trash's ArmA Server. I missed the Mi-17s and decided to bring them back. Everyone on my server seems to like the idea. We've gone through the mission with 20-25 players completely and had no crashes. (knock on wood)

TCM

Yeah we also ran a modified version of the first Evo's blue and red some time back and what we did was to double the respawn wave times from 30 seconds on a full server to 60 seconds this alone stopped the crashing or the issue with the paratroops spawning in, (on both version's blue and red).

Only trouble we then had to contend with was the drop AI bug after a certain amount of time that would catch up with the sever, combine this with the 30 seconds respawn waves of enemy AI on a full server I simply think this was to much for the server to handle.

see what your finding are on it kiljoy and if you have any luck with it, maybe you would like to bring the chopper deployments back, if so I'd recommend you keep the truck deployments for the Infantry only versions though.

Were running them currently they actual play out quicker than you'd think they are very good we enjoy them, as the current Evo's stand no crashes what so ever with the help of signature checking.

Our server's uptime;

http://stats.swec.se/server/image/37502

I have been playing lately again. Kiljoy...are you still developing this ?

Just some ideas/suggestions

I mostly play engineer class so mostly that.

-Engineer should get different points depending on what he repairs while recovering a tank should be worth more than hmmv's  (note: I often don't get points when I repair AH1Z for some reason)

-Maybe 2 types of classes of engineer rather than the 2 groups of snipers. One class of engineer could be recovery ,maybe get points for recovering rifles and ammo off the dead bodies too

The other class of engineer for forward operations ( i am often busy repairing and not fighting the front untill all the stuff is repaired)

-More points for vehicles recovered within enemy vicinity.

Engineer should also be able to drive most anything and maybe limit rank for engineer (I can achieve highest rank without firing any shots)

I have lots of other ideas and such (always brainstorming , lol)

Don't wanna flood you

Good mission , keep it up!

Can two ICBMs destroy a tower? I hit the final tower at Paraiso tower with two and the mission promptly ended.

in the newest version, only satchels can bring down the tower. Great idea btw!!! I really get a rush charging the towers!

Trash Can Man

Frantz @ Nov. 16 2007,18:28)]Was it a public server, if yes it sounds like a hacking code...

Thanks for reply,

I think it was a public server...

so you mean that server runs a routine scanning players and looking for hacking? Maybe my configuration file and that of a lot of other players was different from standard?