Sign in to follow this  
KilJoy -SFG-

Evolution (Red+Blue)

lol, to hard. Just camp on a hill somewhere then and let the real men figure out a plan on how to take down the tower :P

KJ may i ask if the 'hinder' and 'recreate' of AI when player move into and out from 'active' range of AI may cause sync issues / server stall lags

(speaking of servers 2.5-3GHz C2D/C2Q with 2-4GB RAM and enough fast dedicated line)

Yesterday we were able to use a large ari attack and a quick surprise operation with a hummvee to great success. (success means: we were able to get within 2m of the tower without getting shot)

However, we planted 1 satchel with 30sec timer and another with direct trigger. I heard the satchel explode and was killed by the blast of course. The tower wouldn't go down. I know you want to encourage ppl to work together (and it really works!wink_o.gif but if the tower doesn't go down after 1 satchel it really starts to frustrate ppl.

And btw i didn't hear my 2nd satchel going up after 30sec.

Could it be your satchel is inactive when you don't stay alive for 30sec ?  tounge2.gif

Like I said before Kiljoy, don't listen to much to the critics, soo far you have made a fantastic mission and it's evolution is revolutionary wink_o.gif

)rStrangelove @ Oct. 08 2007,17:30)]And btw i didn't hear my 2nd satchel going up after 30sec.

Could it be your satchel is inactive when you don't stay alive for 30sec ?  tounge2.gif

This actually happened to me too. I died and then the satchel didnt go off.

@Dwarden spawning of city zones can create desync for a few seconds but it should level out, if a city despawns it does not create desync.

@])rStrangelove You can not set a timer on a satchel at the tower and die. When a person places a charge and dies before it goes off it is deleted before it goes off.

By planting a second satchel on a timer this became the "killer satchel" there can be only one.

So the first did no damage and the second was deleted before it went off.

You must place One , successfully retreat to a safe point and detonate.

Thanks KilJoy, once again for another fantastic upgrade to Evolution!  I play on the =dB= [www.dbclan.net] server with =dB=O8.Ed, my C.O.  I've experienced no lag from the server or on my end, and I haven't heard it from any other =dB= members either.

We love the target rich environment, thanks to the enemy's resupply efforts from land and the air.  There's still one request that's been put forth to you since Evo 3.0, for Norrin's Revive-Respawn script.  I endorse it and so do many others I've played with, including satexas69 and Bravo6.

Salute!

=dB=O2.Sniper121

http://www.dbclan.net

One glitch hit me.

I was playing Blue and attacking Cayo from the southwest. I kept getting a brdm/bmp coming out of the town and then disappearing only to reappear at its start point over and over and over. It just kept coming, disappearing, and then coming again. Blew the crap out of it a couple of times but never was credited with any kills. Finally when I moved into town it stopped.

Great stuff Killjoy. notworthy.gif

Personally I love the Red version better than the Blue.

As for the respawning I think it's spot on. The map was getting a bit too easy to clear and you'd often find servers that were so far advanced it wasn't worth joining in.

Now we've got a real challenge on our hands, Triffic. yay.gif

If anyone's is having problems, then reduce the difficulty of the AI on your server till you get the hang of it. Simple. biggrin_o.gif

everytime this guy releases a different version, the mission gets worse. I had a full server, (16) people and the mission kept freezing up after a town was cleared. First I thought it was my server provider, but it wasn't. The halo has constant errors. Not worth playing with all the errors. This mission was nice at V1.5. Too bad this version is the worse yet! crazy_o.gif

hej KillJoy , thx for the new maps. I love the red version. But me and my 2 buddies who play the game a few hours a day wonder if the respawning AI is a little to much to bear?

I mean I was camping in a Shilka just outside the second town, and then was swamped by HORDES of AT enemies :-( when I died there were 100 soldiers around me, and around 25 of them where AT soldiers.

the soldier fired AA I think is a bit too excessive.

I find it hard,even when the town is almost clear to provide efficient air support.

maybe in the next release you could tone it down a bit.

otherwise great mission.

ya know, if your gonna and crap like HALO, at least make a strip joint where we can relax and watch strippers swing on a pole...

How do we properly report bugs? Here in this thread?

Some issues I've found:

* Bots/AI squad-members that are dropped does no longer die. This becomes problematic when a AI player is e.g. in the driver position of a vehicle, and is under the command of nobody (or atleast no human player) to tell him to disembark. Only way to free up such slots in vehicles that are taken by dropped (yet alive) AI squadmates is to destroy the vehicle with an AT4 (so that it explodes) and repair it by building a FARP.

Cons: All AI team-members will kill you for killing AI team-members.

Besides, dropped yet alive AI squad-members will accumulate/pile up quickly which I assume won't contribute to reducing lag and bandwidth use. If Im not mistaken, all these idling AI players requre some CPU-cycles, but which computer (server or clients) that has to suffer from this, I dont know.

* The firery mushroom-cloud/pillar from the nuke (support menu) seems to be stuck at the same 'frame' for 2-3 minuttes instead of starting very bright/firery to become more of a dust and smoke pillar. As it is now it looks like there is a continous burning mega-bon-fire instead of a nuclear mushroom-cloud.

* While at a FARP or base, Stryker M2 will only reload the current magazine, and never restore the other 5 magazines (ammo shows as 100 | 5). Ultimatly this means that when all magazines are depleted, you can only carry a maximum of 100 rounds (1 magazine) between each reload at FARP/base.

Workaround: Destroy the Stryker M2 with AT4 (so that it explodes) and repair it by building a FARP.

* AH-1Z do reload all weapons at FARPs/base, but do however quickly reset the ammo count back to pre-FARP/base-reload status. This means reloading ammo is impossible, making the AH-1Z a one-time-use feature, unless you perform the same workaround as with the Stryker M2.

Besides this "problems", I must say Evolution has really become a challange now, which is good. This is by far the best version of Evolution yet seen, in my opinion. smile_o.gif

harrybigsacks if you wish to support the mission and thread by offering criticism it should be constructive, if the mission makes you so mad I'd suggest you move on to a different one.

Okay, this seems new - the AI in previous squads you have created remember you when you rejoin the server. When I noticed this I moved them into place near town, disconnected, rejoined and they where still in place and in my squad! Granted, they wanted to come back to my location so I had to send a stop command to them.

Any rules to this behavior? Because at least once they did not remember me, they where just moving around the main base, then the next time I joined they where attached to me. Perhaps I have to come in the same slot as when I created the squad? Also, if I move them into place, how long do they stay there before they move back to main base?

About Support, I wanted to try out the ICBM but it said I needed 200 points, but I have like 220+ (however the Support message said I only had 190). Is there a different point pool for the Support options?

Lastly, remembering your load out when you respawn - well that is just the BOMB! Many, many thanks for that!

About Support,  I wanted to try out the ICBM but it said I needed 200 points, but I have like 220+ (however the Support message said I only had 190).  Is there a different point pool for the Support options?

If I am not mistaken and I am sure KilJoy can clarify/confim..you need 200 spare points.  So, in order to reach colonel (and access the ICBM) you need 200 points.  Then in order to request an ICBM you need at least another 200 points (400 total) so that after making the request you don't lose rank by dropping below 200 points.

Ah, that makes sense! However, on my private server I have a way different point requirements (I edited the map to make it way easier to power up).

As for your Squad AI, it does seem you have to come in the same slot where you created the AI in the first place. Kind of funny since the two AI guys I been testing this with where created this weekend. So since Saturday they been floating around and waiting for my return!

@ Oct. 08 2007,18:29)]@])rStrangelove You can not set a timer on a satchel at the tower and die. When a person places a charge and dies before it goes off it is deleted before it goes off.

You must place One , successfully retreat to a safe point and detonate.

Thx for clearing that up mate, much appreciated. I'll tell others how to do it, cause i saw a lot of ppl doing it wrong (now i know it was).

1. If i were you i'd write this into the Notes section of the briefing.

2. Are you sure a tower goes down with 1 detonated satchel ? Is the distance tower <--> satchel an issue maybe?

And i agree with some ppl here, this evo version is the best so far. I had quite an adrenaline rush some seconds before we planted the satchels at the tower - few games today can give that feeling. Nice work. xmas_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]How do we properly report bugs? Here in this thread?

Some issues I've found:

* Bots/AI squad-members that are dropped does no longer die. This becomes problematic when a AI player is e.g. in the driver position of a vehicle, and is under the command of nobody (or atleast no human player) to tell him to disembark. Only way to free up such slots in vehicles that are taken by dropped (yet alive) AI squadmates is to destroy the vehicle with an AT4 (so that it explodes) and repair it by building a FARP.

Cons: All AI team-members will kill you for killing AI team-members.

Besides, dropped yet alive AI squad-members will accumulate/pile up quickly which I assume won't contribute to reducing lag and bandwidth use. If Im not mistaken, all these idling AI players requre some CPU-cycles, but which computer (server or clients) that has to suffer from this, I dont know.

* The firery mushroom-cloud/pillar from the nuke (support menu) seems to be stuck at the same 'frame' for 2-3 minuttes instead of starting very bright/firery to become more of a dust and smoke pillar. As it is now it looks like there is a continous burning mega-bon-fire instead of a nuclear mushroom-cloud.

* While at a FARP or base, Stryker M2 will only reload the current magazine, and never restore the other 5 magazines (ammo shows as 100 | 5). Ultimatly this means that when all magazines are depleted, you can only carry a maximum of 100 rounds (1 magazine) between each reload at FARP/base.

Workaround: Destroy the Stryker M2 with AT4 (so that it explodes) and repair it by building a FARP.

* AH-1Z do reload all weapons at FARPs/base, but do however quickly reset the ammo count back to pre-FARP/base-reload status. This means reloading ammo is impossible, making the AH-1Z a one-time-use feature, unless you perform the same workaround as with the Stryker M2.

Besides this "problems", I must say Evolution has really become a challange now, which is good. This is by far the best version of Evolution yet seen, in my opinion. smile_o.gif

Your right about the bots not disappearing when they should.

There is a way to reload mags I will think about adding.

With ah1z and most other shared gunner vehicles there is a trick to get them to reload. There is a bug in the game where when two human clients in an mp game use a vehicle. When the shared vehicle trys to reload the drivers client sets the ammo to

full but the gunners client sends a contradicting message saying its empty and at the end of the reload it appers as it was before it. The solution is for both players to disembark then have one player enter the gunner seat then the pilot seat at this point the other player should wait for the vehicle to totally rearm , then they can enter and away you go rearmed. I hope this is fixed in 1.09 as well as the magazine rearming bug.

Thanks for the bug info.

About AA and AT presence, It was way to easy for Air and Armour and In my view it still is if you know how to use it.

Give it some time you will figure it out.

About the last 2 new params

No AI--

No AI recruitment, I advise people try this if the server is lagging. Since it increases the commander clients traffic.

Infantry--

This mode also has No AI recruitment but on top of that you only have transport vehicles. I fell it important to warn people this mode has never been finished in beta tests. Its Impossible.

Little tip about the QG versions: You need only 30 points to fly DC3 but if you enter it as a colonel you will find it armed with 12 GBU bombs

ok, I have some criticism, stop adding garbage to this mission. One other thing....maybe you could actually test the mission fully before releasing it to the public. This might lessen all the problems players will have during gameplay.

@placebo.... I do believe what I have posted thus far ARE constructive criticism. Public opinion however will vary from person to person. BTW way, your suggestion was taken under advisement, and we decided your suggestion was ____ (you fill in the blank.)

HBS out  crazy_o.gif

everytime this guy releases a different version, the mission gets worse. I had a full server, (16) people and the mission kept freezing up after a town was cleared. First I thought it was my server provider, but it wasn't. The halo has constant errors. Not worth playing with all the errors. This mission was nice at V1.5. Too bad this version is the worse yet! crazy_o.gif

you are prolly getting errors due to 3rd party addons on your server or client side stuff.

try it vanilla.

Quote[/b] ]ok, I have some criticism, stop adding garbage to this mission. One other thing....maybe you could actually test the mission fully before releasing it to the public. This might lessen all the problems players will have during gameplay.

Tested on our server for 2-3 months, everything worked out fine.

I'll look into the 3rd party addons.... Although I don't see how they pertains to this mission... Is this a glitch, or a bug of some kind?

@doolittle, stop trying to instigate something...If you have something to say to me, say it, otherwise, mind your own business please.

HBS

Okay, hbs, when you say "stop adding garbage", how is that helpful? What parts are you talking about? Why would you also say, "maybe you should actually test the mission"? I'm sure he tried to the best of his ability. He's not a game company you know. Just a regular guy like you and me. So... take that into consideration.