Sign in to follow this  
celery

Queen's Gambit owner statistics

I bought it on sproket today, a horrible experiance is the only way to describe it...

I bought the game, forgot to write down the number to the key, but didnt think to, as I was supposed to get an activation email, well the email never came, I've been sending off emails, looking for FAQ's, refreshing outlook express constantly, created an account and found that I bought two copies of it somehow, so I'm really pissed I wasted a day just to get this... Did I mention I still haven't got my activation code yet? rofl.gifgoodnight.gifhelp.gifbanghead.gifconfused_o.gifrofl.gifrofl.gifhelp.gifbanghead.gif

I bought it on sproket today, a horrible experiance is the only way to describe it... Did I mention I still haven't got my activation code yet?

wow_o.gif What activation code? Why does sproket-version need activation code? other vesions don't. icon_rolleyes.gif

my copy went to the trashcan directly ... not worth talking about.

Quote[/b] ]I bought it on sproket today, a horrible experiance is the only way to describe it...

I bought the game, forgot to write down the number to the key, but didnt think to, as I was supposed to get an activation email, well the email never came, I've been sending off emails, looking for FAQ's, refreshing outlook express constantly, created an account and found that I bought two copies of it somehow, so I'm really pissed I wasted a day just to get this... Did I mention I still haven't got my activation code yet?

And the blame is to be put on sprocket ?

rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

care to elaborate?

care to elaborate?

I guess he just wasn't impressed at all wink_o.gif

did he install it, realize that it can be played with the original ArmA disk, copy the new disk and bin the original?

Wish i had cash to bin.

Quote[/b] ]I bought it on sproket today, a horrible experiance is the only way to describe it...

I bought the game, forgot to write down the number to the key, but didnt think to, as I was supposed to get an activation email, well the email never came, I've been sending off emails, looking for FAQ's, refreshing outlook express constantly, created an account and found that I bought two copies of it somehow, so I'm really pissed I wasted a day just to get this... Did I mention I still haven't got my activation code yet?

And the blame is to be put on sprocket ?

rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

WHAT PART ABOUT ACTIVATION EMAIL NOT SENT DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND!? If a customer asks for an activation code, it it not your burden as the seller to provide one to a customer who properly placed their order?

For those of you who don't understand the situation, the game requires an activation code, this code was displayed at the final purchase screen after the order was placed, on the same screen it stated that an automatic emailer would send me the same code as well as my purchase details. Me, thinking I could see the code there, did not write it down. However, the automatic email was not sent, to make it more clear- I DID NOT RECEIVE THIS EMAIL!

If anyone would care to let me know if sproket actually replies to emails, that would be nice, although their number is not listed, but their company Idea Games has a Czech number listed, but I have no idea what hours they are open or if they have any english speaking customer service reps. Also, I need to quickly get the second charge removed.

help.gifhelp.gifhelp.gifhelp.gif

maybe the problem lays in Your email service ... checked spam emails ... asked provider of service if his email filters not blocking certain areas ? some geniuses deploy gateway filters using 'some antispam solutions' which blacklist whole countries ofc utilizing obsolete geoip/geoisp etc smile_o.gif

btw give usually some days to resolve the problem, at least 2-3 working days before You panic

maybe the problem lays in Your email service ... checked spam emails ... asked provider of service if his email filters not blocking certain areas ? some geniuses deploy gateway filters using 'some antispam solutions' which blacklist whole countries ofc utilizing obsolete geoip/geoisp etc smile_o.gif

btw give usually some days to resolve the problem, at least 2-3 working days before You panic

I thought that, but I checked all the messages that get put into the junk folder, none of them were from sproket, looked harder, and still nothing about any games bought, so now I'm just eager to get feedback from them to see what happened, also, I need to get the second game charge sorted out. And to think I'd be playing the game yesterday, oh well, it just means its gonna be better than crack when I finally get it unlocked. biggrin_o.gif

I have so far bought all new release from BIS but now I will wait until all the biggest BTS issues will fixed by BIS alongside a road to ArmA 2. It cant be so hard just fix the things that almost spoil the gameplay. The price of QB isnt the problem the features of final product means more to me.