Sign in to follow this  
MK1

Flare gun in Arma?

Well, the topic pretty much says it all. I was looking for a unit with a flare gun but didn't find any as I was making a mission which would require it.

IIRC OFP had a special flare gun or was it just a pistol + a flare?

Signal ammunition can be fired from the M203(West), and GP25(East) grenade launchers.

Ah, so there's no hand weapon to fire flares from then? That's too bad. I wonder why they left it out..

I recall you could load a flare into a hand gun and fire it in OFP. It's a bit lame that now you're gonna have to give a pilot a weapon equipped with a GL to make him fire a flare. sad_o.gif

As far as i know you couldnt fire flares from your handgun in ofp.

You might be remembering a addon like JAM it had a flare gun in it.

FDF, kegetys, and a lot more had a nice flaregun. Would be nice to have it standard in ArmA, I agree.

I think you could. There's even a separate section for rifle grenade flares and other flares in the wiki section of OFP's weapons here:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki...._Flares

It's just that, since you loose your main weapon when swimming there's no way you could fire a flare after that in an ejection over water scenario.

I think you could. There's even a separate section for rifle grenade flares and other flares in the wiki section of OFP's weapons here:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki...._Flares

It's just that, since you loose your main weapon when swimming there's no way you could fire a flare after that in an ejection over water scenario.

There was no flare gun in OFP. You could fire flares from grenade launchers just like in ArmA. There were flare gun addons though.

The wiki just lists the flares seperately and as ammo for the grenade launchers. They have the same classnames so they have to be the same thing. You can't have different things sharing a classname.

A flare gun would make a nice addon for ArmA though.

I couldn't go in the handgun slot, though. Realistically, jet pilots should be able to carry one handgun and one flare gun.

What sort of flare gun do pilots carry nowadays, anyway?

Don't they just carry the hand-held parachute-rocket things?

FWIW, I have an addon Webley Mk III WWI/WWII Very pistol in the works.

Yeah, I must be confusing it then. I think some 'nam mods had flare guns or hand guns firing flares because I'm absolutely certain that you could fire a flare from a hand gun in OFP at some point.

This certainly would make a nice addon, but I'd rather see it included in an official patch as a feature. With a hand gun flare you could always swim to a shore and fire a flare to signal your position to your rescuers.

Yeah, I must be confusing it then. I think some 'nam mods had flare guns or hand guns firing flares because I'm absolutely certain that you could fire a flare from a hand gun in OFP at some point.

So am i, and im fairly sure it was in the default game. (Maybe it came in resistance?)

EDIT: But maybe im just crazy and it was an addon.. tounge2.gif

Just did a check in OFP:R can tell you doesnt work for the default stuff beretta + flare isnt posible didnt test the glock or makarov but i gues its the same.

I reinstalled OFP to check if there's a flare gun by default, but indeed there wasn't.

I must have confused it with JAM then, since most of the mods used it during the later OFP years. I must have taken it as a default feature. sad_o.gif

There was a 26.5mm Flare pistol for OFP that shot smoke and flares.

OFPinfo should still have it...maybe a convert is possible.

I own some real 37MM and 26.5MM flare guns. And all I can say is a 12 gauge pistol would be most likely for a pilot, due to weight.