Sign in to follow this  
hypno toad

First Map

I will have pictures up in a few moments. I don't have it textured yet, because the texturing system is confusing and unnecessary :/

mymap1qf8.jpg

mymap2xs4.jpg

This is my first map for armed assault, I have also never mapped for operation flashpoint either... So this map might be a bit too big.

I don't know the exact units, but it takes 4 minutes to fly at the speed of sound from one end of the big island (not the entire map) to the other.

Doing the math, I think just the islands by themselves are 1600 kilometers squared.

Tell me what you think, once I get texturing down, I will continue to add terrain, towns, and trees.

Quote[/b] ]Doing the math, I think just the islands by themselves are 1600 kilometers squared.

I'm a bonehead when it comes to math, but are you implying it's 4 times the size of Sara? If so good luck texturing that crazy_o.gif

Other than that it looks good. smile_o.gif

Looks good so far, but perhaps you should even out the terrain more - steep terrain in ArmA is often a waste of space on islands.

I say you should make a middle eastern based town.. but its up to you biggrin_o.gif !

I wish i knew how to make maps. confused_o.gif

When i get enough time ill get into it!

anyways, I wish you luck with this!

It's good some have the faith to try and create an island from scratch. As I have lamely tried for OFP, back in the days, and never released anything, may I advise you to :

- use existing terrain features, pictures or anything, so that you can have material to base your work on;

- make one zone after another, create a small town, then the surrounding features, then move on to another area;

- start by making a small island, not a 1600km² giant, otherwise you will lose motivation quite quickly and never finish the basic road system, especially if you are alone on this project wink_o.gif

I hope you can progress with your project !

Malick

This is more of a test map really, my last few peices of terrainw ere disasters. I mihgt make an island like bikini atoll. for nuke tests smile_o.gif