Sign in to follow this  
Express

No splash screen

First of all Hi to everyone.  I just made the switch over from good old Op Flash to ArmA.   My question is how do I stop the games intro/splash screens.  Years ago I remember doing something in op flash to get rid of the games starting screens but due to old age and poor memory cannot remember the command.  I performed a search and looked in the FAQ but had no luck.  Would appreciate the help.

Thanks in advance.

Express

Hi, You can use the -nosplash command.

mfg

But he won't gain anything from it...loading won't be any quicker.

Yea it will be alot faster, It doesnt effect the loading of the map but it skips all the intro screens like Atari and BIS intro screens that take forever.

-noworld also removes the animated background in the menu too bad thought I dont know if there is a way to remove the 3d menu at all

Hey bink ur forums seem to be a spam Advertising ground lately for Pron, Meds, and etc

Yea it will be alot faster, It doesnt effect the loading of the map but it skips all the intro screens like Atari and BIS intro screens that take forever.

No it won't load faster. Just checked this. It's always 46 seconds since double klick in the Desktop Icon.

No it won't load faster. Just checked this. It's always 46 seconds since double klick in the Desktop Icon.

I just checked mine and I have a noticable difference in time between the two but I didnt pull out the stopwatch.

It's possible that it will load faster if your load time is less than the time programmed to display the splash screen?

Its much faster with -nosplash and in adition everyone should consider Q's proper anims.

I have a good setup but the intros for the islands still take quite a bit to load (i think its because of the preload camera thing) compared to OPF so for me its a must have smile_o.gif .

-noworld also removes the animated background in the menu too bad thought I dont know if there is a way to remove the 3d menu at all

Hey bink ur forums seem to be a spam Advertising ground lately for Pron, Meds, and etc

isnt that rather "world=empty"?

Guest Ti0n3r

just tried it with -nosplash & -world=empty. Took 1 second to load the main menu wink_o.gif

isnt that rather "world=empty"?

i think not, as world=empty only disables the first anim at game start, this disables the background anims during gameplay, i.e: after leaving the editor and going back to the main menu.

When I open shortcut to ArmA this is what is in the target field.

"C:\Program Files\Atari\ArmA\arma.exe"

When I attempt to add -nosplash on the end, I get an error message saying not valid.

What am I doing wrong?

Keep the target exe in quotes and put the switches after the quotes.

"C:\blablablabla\ArmA.exe" -someswitch=1 -someotherswitch=someparameter

Works now!! Thx fellas for your help and patience yay.gif

When I open shortcut to ArmA this is what is in the target field.

"C:\Program Files\Atari\ArmA\arma.exe"

When I attempt to add -nosplash on the end, I get an error message saying not valid.

What am I doing wrong?

Make sure you add the -nosplash outside the quotes:<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">"C:\Program Files\Atari\ArmA\arma.exe" -nosplash