Sign in to follow this  
luemmel

Your Feedback on Queen's Gambit

BTW: does anyone know how to remove that ugly loadscreens from QG and to put originals back in. Now my ArmA looks like damn Tony Hawk Skater with all the graffitti...

If anyone knows please share.. please!

I'd replace them all with OPF's black loading screens...

Quote[/b] ]

Ok,

but shouldn't the AI be able to miss a shot sometimes too?

Go into your profile and open the init..

precisionEnemy=0.350000

Simple smile_o.gif .

Quote[/b] ]Or you may rethink your aproach on the missions cause somehow that doesnt happen if you use proper cover and aim well...

Hehe, i do 6+ years of OFP/Arma has tought me that wink_o.gif  I'v always been a huge fan of the BIS games but even i am getting ticked off by the flaws in this game. Flaws that have been present in OFP/Resistance in Arma an i know wil be in Arma 2!

And yes Arma does have it's flaws true fans must admit that and i do, i just hope that BIS wil get these types of things fixed before they release Arma 2 and not waiste time on creating "realistic" environments when the core functions of the engine are still basically the same as 7 years ago.

You're supposed to sabotage enemy tanks and shilkas on the beach, but you don't get a proper briefing, a map or the possibility to selected your gear for the mission. 3 satchels is all you get crazy_o.gif

Try to take AT rocket from your boat, that should make your life easier wink_o.gif

I never knew! Thanks so much!

["Go into your profile and open the init..

precisionEnemy=0.350000"]

Thanks Heatseeker this works good, it was set to 0.600000.

TTHOR

Sounds lame and I'm not one of a kind that gives up easily, but my 2 cents are, that the campaigns are too difficult. Don't like those alone behind enemy lines missions, because your AI is useless and doing it on your own is too hard to check all directions. At least for me. Still I'm playing, but it is taking me one hell of a time.

Positive is, that it is not just some cheap addon, but the developers really put work in it to have story, dialogue and sequences. Nice going - and for 14bucks I really shouldn't complain at all. wink_o.gif

Blue screen ?

You mean the famous 'blue screen of death' ?

If you do, can you manage to take a photo of it ?

lol.. this aint sounding too good as it seems ...

huh.gif

Sure the new addons look cool, as im seein from the pic thread..

But i dont like how it doesnt fix anything either..

sorry....

goodnight.gif

Quote[/b] ]But i dont like how it doesnt fix anything either..

sorry....

Cool, another one running around with a brick in front of his head.

How about reading the announcement for patch 1.09 ?

I know it´s too hard to search or browse the pages if you can go just for a fullscale bash, right ?

QG was never ever announced with a patch.

It´s a freaking expansion !

The 1.09 patch is already on the way for ALL users, not just the QG users.

I would like to see the reactions if QG was accompanied by a patch that others without QG couldn´t install...

"Oh , why do BIS do that shit and only allow QG players to patch their games ! This stinks ! They only want to make money and force us to buy QG just for the patch !"

Self explanatory....

For some.

For others not.

Period.

There are some island improvements...on Sahrani United! tounge2.gif

...and other things are nice too...

But wait... some people still don't know the main meaning of "Expansion" and "Patch"... who is responsible for this misunderstanding? BIS? Publisher? Women? Animals? Edit?

I've got it, play it, finish it and I like it very much. yay.gif

GJ BIS and BlackElement

does it includes a decent female soldier or civilian?

what's the story bout the bearded guy? I keep seeing him in the screenshots

/* I don't mind spoilers */

Well hes just the Biker type 80s style PMC that is the mechanic of the team.

Only two of them are really connected to the story, the rest of the guys rarely say something.

It´s a freaking expansion !

LOL

i would say a Flat expansion instead.

right, I've been playing flashpoint ever since it came out, all the addons/expansions, completed them all, totally love the game. I'd easily go so far as to say its my favourite game ever.

ARMA however, how can I enjoy this addon when I'm sick of the bugs which will still be there. Yes I know its NOT there to patch the game but if the game's going to be just as bad with/without the expansion then I'm not going to buy it. Stupid AI who dont get in vehicles, stupid AI who dont go where you tell them to, crazy graphics which get corrupted, missions that end as soon as I start them.... no matter how good an expansion is it can't compete with this.

Yes I know 1.09 is coming out but it doesnt look like that will fix any of the bugs I've listed above. And those were just the first few off the top of my head. People who are saying "its an addon not a patch".. we accept that, but if thats the case then whoevers in charge has got the list of priorities wrong.

edit: besides which... I might have it wrong, but it doesnt seem to add very much.. maybe when the price drops down to a fiver i might consider it.

I've changed my mind! Prior to purchasing QG I was very skeptical of Porto, but now that I have it, I actually think the island is very cleverly constructed despite being so small.

On another note, all the objects featured in QG was more than enough for me too buy it considering the price, if I had bought them online, I'd have to pay probably the same amount of money, plus I don't have to spend time converting them to ArmA myself. The campaign and extra units are just a bonus for me, I probably wont even bother playing it much.

QG is well worth the price.

QG totally unavailable on spain on the main distributions shops!! (i bought my copy a few days ago tounge2.gif) Good work BIS!

Now, give us more copies please biggrin_o.gif

I voted as "Disappointed" since Gambit is slowing down my computer. A mission in Gambit plays slower and screen picture less on about 5-7 fps if to compare to the same mission in just Arma on the same settings sad_o.gif((