Sign in to follow this  
luemmel

Your Feedback on Queen's Gambit

luckily the mercs from QG have better aim than the A-team rofl.gif

So who will be the first to make the A-Team van addon then? wink_o.gif

luckily the mercs from QG have better aim than the A-team rofl.gif

So who will be the first to make the A-Team van addon then? wink_o.gif

Remember, it must be able to flip over several times and land on it's wheels and drive away without a scratch on it!

Slovenian games dealer company Videotop failed to bring this popular addon to Slovenia until this day and it probably won't even be available until Oct/12! Therefore we're boycotting the addon and cancelling all of our pre-orders. If we'll decide to get the addon, we'll have to make a visit to Austria/Czech Republic :/

sad... sad_o.gifsad_o.gif

He's not a 'merc', and perhaps it would be worthwhile if you'd Google some information on the story behind that photo - It will explain a lot about his appearance smile_o.gif

wasn't this picture posted in context of mercs? so I assumed he was one.

Another good point of QG in my opinion:

Finally good music was added!!

Is this Seventh, the band whose songs were played in OPF?

At least it felt a lil bit like OFP smile_o.gif

I'd be careful quoting images kylroy.

Might get the pimp hand slapped on you by the almighty mods.:)

I usually don't do it, and out of reason. you are right.

And those silly looking mercs are only missing the 6 shooters and bottles of Jim Beam. C'mon, atleast some real looking PMC's.

I guess you havent worked with any mercs IRL? tounge2.gif

If these are paid by the US goverment, I wouldnt want to speculate how the ones employed by the RACS would have looked like

But I am still annoyed over the main characters "helmetcap"... as said before, his only intrests must have been Vietnam and Baseball. confused_o.gif  

Its however great to see this addon dwarfed by that all the community addons allready released. I belive this comittment and hard work by some are making us a bit spoiled concerning new content. QG sure could have had more addons, but in my world it added enough. A great campaign and a beautiful new island.

Because appearance is everything, m i rite?

Guest Ti0n3r
Quote[/b] ]Is this Seventh, the band whose songs were played in OPF?

No, this band is called With Care. I like them, while I really hated Seventh for being part of the OFP soundtrack tounge2.gif

I haven't tried out QG, haven't seen it in stores here yet...

Who made the DC3, BIS or BES? How is it compared to Martin's DC3 from OFP?

BUZZARD @ Oct. 03 2007,17:35)]I haven't tried out QG, haven't seen it in stores here yet...

Who made the DC3, BIS or BES? How is it compared to Martin's DC3 from OFP?

From what i know model of DC3 was made by the same guy who made A10. But config was probably made by somebody less skilled than in A10 case :P

I really don't see the point of this Queen's Gambit.

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>Queen's Gambit is just addons</span>...

Like those that the community do for free for all community reaching all world. IMO, Its just a waste of money and hope.

A patch to improve the engine, and game play would be much more appreciated.

That's my main disappointment.

You left out the campaigns which are the meat of the expansion. You also forgot about the patch which brings arma up to date for people who don't sit on here everyday and download the latest patches or sit on here or other forums downloading each and every community addon. Your opinion of the expansion is very narrow minded and self centered. Not everyone who bought ARMA hangs out here or cares about community content. This is a good thing for many people regardless.

edited for spelling

The game itself is a "mod" too. Before you say I'm an idiot, think about it. The engine is there, and the units and so on are all addons made in the exact same way as community made addons. If you don't want to buy it then you don't have to, it's your money, you choose.

Well since there's nobody making buildings I'll buy it and use it for my custom terrains.If I were to purchase those models online and learn how to implement them in ArmA I'd waste just as much money and even more time learning how.

All the other stuff is just a bonus.

Guest Ti0n3r
<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>Queen's Gambit is just addons</span>...

Plus two new campaigns. I can't remember playing any community made campaigns that are better than the ones in QC wink_o.gif

You left out the campaigns which are the meat of the expansion. You also forgot about the patch which brings arma up to date for people who don't sit on here everyday and download the latest patches or sit on here or other forums downloading each and every community addon. Your opinion of the expansion is very narrow minded and self centered. Not everyone who bought ARMA hangs out here or cares about community content. This is a good thing for many people regardless.

edited for spelling

There are some true and sense in your statement.

Though i think this expansion is "very small" in terms of addon variety and maybe limited.

About the campaigns: Can they be played in Multi Player, ie, with more then 1 player at same mission?

EDIT:

Plus two new campaigns. I can't remember playing any community made campaigns that are better than the ones in QC wink_o.gif

are they for Multi Player?

Well, I don't do multiplayer so for me it was worth it, but I can see why someone such as yourself would not see the value if your looking for better/more content for mp smile_o.gif

There are some true and sense in your statement.

Though i think this expansion is "very small" in terms of addon variety and maybe limited.

About the campaigns: Can they be played in Multi Player, ie, with more then 1 player at same mission?

The campaigns are singleplayer. They are the main part of the expansion. Saying that it's just addons is just wrong. You pay for 2 high quality campaigns, and it's only budget priced!

I live in a 3rd world country and you don't see me complaining that it's not worth the money. Ok so maybe I'm not as poor as most of the country, but still tounge2.gif . Sure I don't actually have it yet, but neither do you I assume. And the comments on the campaigns (mainly Royal Flush) have convinced me that it' worth it.

And the complaints about not being a patch are just irrelevant, the 1.09 patch is free whether you have QG or not smile_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

Besides, Battle of Porto has huge potential. We just need some servers for it now biggrin_o.gif

I had the BIG HOPE that Queen's Gambit could support Multiplayer Campaign. I guess i was wrong.

From what i understand and know Queen Gambit have 1 MP mission for 6 players (Urban Raid) and its not a campaign.

The Campaign is solo. Ok, it can be improved in history contempt . But, how fun can it be for someone who like CooP?

Anyway.. i already have created my idea/opinion about QG, and still doesn't make much sense to me when i can get more addons and missions like those from the community.

In OFP every patch had improvements.. this one is different.

Though i understand all the hard work they have done, I congratulate the team for its effort.

Hard and Cold: I don't want another patch like QG in the Future, unless if improves the engine or game play. confused_o.gif

I'm sorry for my feelings. Please no Offense and don't take me wrong.

Addons? YES but with improvements!

EDIT:

Besides, Battle of Porto has huge potential. We just need some servers for it now biggrin_o.gif

This is an example how to separate the community, instead of joining it more and more. It might do the opposite (hope im wrong) huh.gif

Did you miss all the info about 1.09? The patch is seperate from QG, QG is not a patch. The patch is free and being released soon!

goodnight.gif

"Hard and Cold:" bravo 6 doesn't read the facts he only created his idea about QG! biggrin_o.gif

Next time read all of the announcement not only headlines wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I really don't see the point of this Queen's Gambit.

Well actually this thread is for feedback of people who have

Queens Gambit. You don´t have it, so it´s funny that you talk about it. huh.gif

Quote[/b] ]Is this Seventh, the band whose songs were played in OPF?

No, this band is called With Care. I like them, while I really hated Seventh for being part of the OFP soundtrack tounge2.gif

I can understand this! biggrin_o.gif

The songs from Seventh at the OFP time really sounded like recorded directly at a rehearsal biggrin_o.gifwink_o.gif

"With Care" you say? Or do you mean "Handle With Care"? Didn't find anything searching for "With Care"...  huh.gif

Edit:

About "Handle with care": Forget it, I took a look at the band, no accordance smile_o.gif

funny, why? huh.gif

I posted because I already tryed it.

I don't own a Queen's Gambit (yet), i played it on a friend's computer. I wanted to test it before buy it.

But I'm not so sure if I'll buy it.

Though i have not finished the campaign, i think its great.. at least the start is. Although i expected more from this patch or what ever you wanna call.