Sign in to follow this  
Mike31

Ware is SLX?

I see all these AI mods that don't compare to SLX; how do i know this well I have a back door beta that i got from my friend who got it from Solus... Its the best thing to come to ArmA but I want to play it online really bad, I can only play it through lan because its not fully released yet. Has any one herd information about SLX mod at all for ArmA? I cant get a hold of Solus at all.

a) Your friend will most likely wind up dead soon according to the information you have divulged

b) We're waiting on it too (I'm waiting for a supa-cool feature I PM'd Solus about a while back).

c) If you have an 'in' again with Solus, put in a good word for me eh?  whistle.gif

rofl.gif  icon_rolleyes.gif

Is their any way do delete this topic, at all I didn't know it was suppose to be silent because I have seen a lot of people playing it on a lan server, So I didn't know It was that secretive.

It never ceases to amaze me how connected natural selection is with the ability to spell...

god darnit mike..

if its not released on the ofrums, you probably shouldsnt let everyone know..

anyways, I have it too, and I think ive played it with you before.

biggrin_o.gif

I don't think it's a big deal. Someone has to play it to test the thing... and really, if someone releases something to a bunch of yahoos, it's going to get passed around. You may as well consider yourself handing it over to 5 people for every person you release the beta to... the problem being that those extra 4 people won't report any bugs to you!

It looks like you've put a spotlight on a beta software piracy ring, Mike31. If your friend is ever discovered, don't think that Solus is going to be giving him the beta update or gold version next time!

SE WHAT YOU DID MIKE!!!

o well....atleast im not that freind. :P

Last time I asked Solus was finishing stuff up for an, dare I say it, open beta. BUT it looks like he currently is busy with adding way more cool features thanks to the released tools, so please be patient and keep an eye out for Solus wink_o.gif

SLX is on its way and will kick ass.

Be sure that there's progress. There are updates every day.

Well I'm pretty sure its not that big of a secret. I've been playing the SLX beta with friends for a long time now. Even though when you get more than two people in a serious firefight the tracers I believe lag the server causing it to freeze. No matter how good your CPU is. But man oh man its intense enough playing with two people. The firefights are rediculously intense. I love it. Coolest thing I saw happen was when me and a buddy were in a town and we had to blow a wall down to make way across the street under fire and he thought he was far enough back from the blast. Once the satchel charge blew he fell back on his ass from the blast and eventually got back up, we died in laughter. I can't explain how much I love SLX, and how anxious I'am to play an official release. Its going to be the best thing for ArmA.

Hahha! that was me blackwater!!!!

I remember i blacked out and went uncouncious,

and I woke up to you dragging me by the collar hahahaha.

best ArmA moment Ever!!! rofl.gif

Thats an unforgetable ArmA moment! thumbs-up.gif

sounds sweeet!!!!...

now that people have talked about it,any were I can get the beta?:P

They are most probably testers so you have to wait a bit till it is released officially.

Do we have a "feature-list" for this ultra-cool stuff you're talking about? smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Do we have a "feature-list" for this ultra-cool stuff you're talking about?

There are new features added every day so... No.

Please just be pacient.

What is SLX? Any info laying around?

Never played OFP I take it.

Here is some info from the OFP version to give you an idea of what to expect.

SLX Info

Some of the biggest features atm are imo:

- dragging wounded

- melee combat

- taunts and shouts

- radio system

- supressive fire system (affects AI AND player)

but there are so many tweaks that change the entire game! and if i recall correct it has ALL the OFP SLX features

maybe Solus will give some more info himself in the future

that lag is caused by both tracers as smoke but Solus is still looking into that one if I recall correct, SLX mod is SP optimized but still needs MP tweaks

dragging wounded definately,

-AI speek like humans

-things catch on fire

-Humans can catch on fire

-AI will use to buildings to kill you

-Black outs(uncountious)

-People get blown into peices( Shot at by a TOW or somthing,. a direct hitt will ripp emm apart!wink_o.gif

biggrin_o.gif

Hope I was aloud to let you guys know this...

if not just let me know...ill edit! nener.gif

I've noticed FFN Mod Beta 0.75 just released with strangely similiar features SLX is promising to bring... anyone tested it out yet?

Anyone know why the slx bugtracker is down? (like a week already)

The one directly linked to Solus' his pc is indeed down for a while now, but there is an other site with the more updated bugtracker, the link is in your inbox smile_o.gif

And I have not yet tested FFN but indeed sounds like having some of the same features.