Sign in to follow this  
Rg

TrueMods - 2nd Release

<span style='color:darkblue'><span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>=============================

///// TrueMods \\\\\

=============================</span></span>

tm1um7.th.jpg

tm2vx4.th.jpg

tm3xg9.th.jpg

Quote[/b] ]

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>- TrueRangeAI v0.9 (Beta) - NOT included. See Thread for INFO and DOWNLOAD

-------------------------</span>

- Increased spotting distance (AI will spot a man from 550m-800m and identify as a specific unit from 250m-350m).

- Increased engagement distance (AI will engage at 500+ meters).

- Increased auditory awareness distance (AI will hear gunfire from 1000+ meters away).

- AA units will now engage Jets. (In default ArmA, AI AA soldiers would not fire at Jets, only Helicopters. TrueRangeAI resolves this issue).

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>TrueIntro v1.0

--------------</span>

- Changed the first few camera angles (Will add more shots when I learn more about camera scripts).

- Changed the time of day to early morning/sunrise to show off the beauty of the environment.

** To be used in conjunction with "TrueUI", but not required.

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>TrueUI v1.0

-----------</span>

- New simple transparent blue UI theme.

- Modified menu buttons.

- Highlight colors are now a mellow blue instead of bright neon green.

- Mission editor now has a more professional/less "kiddy" look from the color changes.

- New loading sceenshots/pictures to show off the "beauty" of the environment.

** To be used in conjunction with "TrueIntro", but not required.

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>TrueInGameUI v1.1

---------------------</span>

- Less intrusive/distracting/arcadish InGameUI.

- No more green background InGame HUD.

- No more arcade action icons in the center of your screen.

- Smaller and semi-transparent text for on screen elements.

- Smaller command system and action menu.

- Smaller and better position for GPS (toggle on places it on your front panel/dash).

- Bigger compass for easier direction reading.

- More transparent radar hud when in some vehicles.

- Changed the size, position, and transparency of the chat when InGame.

- No more armor value meter (fuel, speed, and altitude still there but different position).

- No visible ammo count for handheld weapons (count your ammo or hear the click).

- (NEW) Smaller/compact/sleek gear menu.

- (NEW) Blue theme to go with "TrueUI".

- (FIXED) Hint message readability problem.

- (FIXED) Speed meter disappearing bug.

- (FIXED) Made action menu a bit brighter/easier to read.

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>TrueHeadMovement v1.0

-------------------</span>

- Realistic Head Movement Freedom.

- Unlocked Gunner Views and TurnOut Views.

- (FIXED) a few gunner turnout issues in opfor armor.

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>TrueFov-Accurate v1.0

- New Responsive, Smooth, & Consistent FOV / Zoom Settings For Your Virtual Eye.

- Increased eye "zoom" to match as close to real-life size on a 19" monitor as possible (Actually tested).

- Increased "zoom out" for more peripheral vision / quick scanning.

- (FIXED) the bug that was in the original game as well (Zoom/Ironsight problem when switching ROF>grenade>ROF).

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>TrueFov-Original v1.0

- New Responsive, Smooth, & Consistent FOV / Zoom Settings For Your Virtual Eye.

- Same Fov settings that were in the original TrueView.

- (FIXED) the bug that was in the original game as well (Zoom/Ironsight problem when switching ROF>grenade>ROF).

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>TrueMovementSound v1.0

------------------------------</span>

- Added dynamics to movement sounds to all surfaces (Walk is softest, Jog is louder, and Sprint is loudest). The softer walk now gives you a sense of caution and stealth.

- Other various movement sounds adjusted (crawl, climb, get up, get down, ect...)

- Rain and breath volume lowered to match these new volume levels.

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>TrueCrosshair-Cadet v1.1

-----------------------------</span>

- Changed all weapon crosshairs to a four-dot less precise/general aim system.

- Changed grenade aim system to allow for easier aim.

- Made crosshairs and cursors semi-transparent.

- (FIXED) Made crosshairs slightly more visible when moving.

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>TrueCrosshair-Veteran v1.1

-------------------------------</span>

- Disabled all weapon crosshairs except grenade system, lock-on system, and air aiming system.

- Changed grenade aiming system to allow for easier aim.

- Disabled target box, but kept the lock-on ability although changing it to a circle.

- Made crosshairs and cursors semi-transparent.

- (FIXED) Made crosshairs slightly more visible when moving.

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>TrueNVGoggles v1.0

--------------------</span>

- Slightly larger view then the default NVG's for less disorientation.

- More fade on the outer edge of the cone for a blur effect.

<span style='color:darkred'><span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>============================

DOWNLOAD - TrueRangeAI Beta v0.9

============================</span></span>

<span style='font-family:Tahoma'><span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:darkred'>TrueMods.rar - 4.4mb</span></span></span>

--------------------------

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>PLEASE delete all old TrueView and TrueMods and use only this new release. Thank you.</span></span>

<span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:darkblue'>FileFront</span></span>

<span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:darkblue'>Combat-Prison.net</span></span>

I haven't tried the NVGs yet, but as for the other stuff... fantastic! Was a keeper before, and even more so now!

Cool stuff - thats the real deal notworthy.gif

Big Thanks, my trackir dosen't feel like a waste of cash with your mod.

Quote[/b] ]- No visible ammo count for handheld weapons (count your ammo or hear the click).

Does this work only on client installation? For example if i install that particular mod on the server will the server "hide" the ammo count for all the clients either they have or they not have your mod?

Or all the effects are only client side?

All things are client side. Hiding the ammunition is simply a method of hiding it in the UI, for which all code is client side.

Like your UI biggrin_o.gif Nice stuff, downloading now...

When ever you got the see through bushes and stuff I will also try your TrueRangeAi mod... thanks man! inlove.gif

Let's have a look if TrueMod-AI deals better with "surprises" than AI+SuperAI! Hopefully they're are not superheroes...incl. x-ray vision.

the icons of the soldiers in trueingameUI are too small, you can't distinguish a soldier from an AT soldier or a sniper for example

rg, you make adorable and great stuff! Way to go! Can't wait to play around with it, Thanks!

I was happy getting some new loadings screens with QG, but I like yours even better.  Your mod gives ARMA a fresh fell to it, its an excellent enhancement for the ARMA experience.  Combined with your true ai range it gets even better.  Thanks alot for this.  thumbs-up.gif

Hope this will become a default on player vs player server, less run + gun and more skill + tactics.

Hi all,

I really appreciate the new UI, in game UI and loading screens. However, QG adds its own splash/loading screens and I don't like them. Is there a way to disable them or replace with a TrueMod screen ?

Malick

Simply outstanding!! I have been using your trueview since you released....great stuff as usual!! Keep up the great work!!! yay.gif

nice! smile_o.gif

I loved already the old version and i have to use add some stuff from the old and join this new version smile_o.gif

edit: though i think the zoom when we press to zoom is too much.. i prefer the older version in zoom concern.

I was happy getting some new loadings screens with QG, but I like yours even better. Your mod gives ARMA a fresh fell to it, its an excellent enhancement for the ARMA experience. Combined with your true ai range it gets even better. Thanks alot for this. thumbs-up.gif

Hope this will become a default on player vs player server, less run + gun and more skill + tactics.

Summed it up for me wink_o.gif

Sexcellent mod guys, really made ArmA the way it should have been. The new camera views are great on my 19", and the UI changes are beautiful... the new AI ranges are class, this will be staying on my HD biggrin_o.gif

Thanks for the nice comments so far. I am glad people like these modifications.

the icons of the soldiers in trueingameUI are too small, you can't distinguish a soldier from an AT soldier or a sniper for example

You can still distinguish some classes from others, but I agree it is hard to. I do have a solution to this while still keeping the command list at the bottom small. Next time I update TrueInGameUI, this will be included.

I was happy getting some new loadings screens with QG, but I like yours even better. Your mod gives ARMA a fresh fell to it, its an excellent enhancement for the ARMA experience. Combined with your true ai range it gets even better. Thanks alot for this. thumbs-up.gif

I didn’t even think about QG, since I don’t have it yet. I should have assumed they would have updated their UI/Intro/Loading Screens. You will just have to deal with QG for now. Can’t be bad though, right? At least it is something “newâ€. When I do get QG, I will probably update my mods work with it.

nice! smile_o.gif

I loved already the old version and i have to use add some stuff from the old and join this new version smile_o.gif

edit: though i think the zoom when we press to zoom is too much.. i prefer the older version in zoom concern.

I left TrueFov-Original in there for people that liked the old TrueView.

There are both good and bad for each. I can’t remember if you had TrackIR or not, but TrueFov-Original (same as TrueView) is great for fast response CQB with less disorientation. That is why I really liked it, but you sacrifice zoom and being able to identify somebody from farther away.

With TrueFov-Accurate, I measured the size of a person standing X meters away and matched it up to the size of a unit ingame on a 19’ monitor. There is of course a small margin of error, but it is very accurate. To compare the two (Default/TrueView), TrueFov-Accurate is about halfway in-between the default zooms (0.4 is initial zoom and 0.22 is the full default weapon zoom). TrueFov–Accurate is at a consistent 0.3.

So, with slightly more zoom compared to TrueView, you get real life sized units, which is very immersive (as if your monitor was a frame to the real world), but it takes a fraction of a second longer to zoom in. For TrackIR users, CQB becomes a little bit more disorienting, but long distance sight makes up for this. Also, your profile probably needs to be adjusted for the increased zoom/sensitivity if you were using TrueView before.

<span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:darkblue'>- Here is MY TrackIR Profile that I use with TrueFov-Accurate. It is still linear, but sensitivity was adjusted for the increased zoom. Remember to change the hotkeys.</span>

<span style='color:blue'>TrackIR Profile</span></span>

nice! smile_o.gif

I left TrueFov-Original in there for people that liked the old TrueView.

There are both good and bad for each. I can’t remember if you had TrackIR or not, but TrueFov-Original (same as TrueView) is great for fast response CQB with less disorientation. That is why I really liked it, but you sacrifice zoom and being able to identify somebody from farther away.

With TrueFov-Accurate, I measured the size of a person standing X meters away and matched it up to the size of a unit ingame on a 19’ monitor. There is of course a small margin of error, but it is very accurate. To compare the two (Default/TrueView), TrueFov-Accurate is about halfway in-between the default zooms (0.4 is initial zoom and 0.22 is the full default weapon zoom). TrueFov–Accurate is at a consistent 0.3.

So, with slightly more zoom compared to TrueView, you get real life sized units, which is very immersive (as if your monitor was a frame to the real world), but it takes a fraction of a second longer to zoom in. For TrackIR users, CQB becomes a little bit more disorienting, but long distance sight makes up for this. Also, your profile probably needs to be adjusted for the increased zoom/sensitivity if you were using TrueView before.

<span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:darkblue'>- Here is MY TrackIR Profile that I use with TrueFov-Accurate. It is still linear, but sensitivity was adjusted for the increased zoom. Remember to change the hotkeys.</span>

<span style='color:blue'>TrackIR Profile</span></span>

yeah i noticed smile_o.gif

I still prefer the older zoom.

I think my most dislike on this 2nd version is the zoom because the zoom is in some way more slow. Is there a way to accelerate the zoom In and zoom Out?

When i press the right button of mouse the image zoom in, but with more zoom the speed of zoom is worst/slow.

1 - Is there a way to accelerate the speeding zoom?

<s>2 - Where do i put that trackIr profile?</s>

Edit: forget the 2nd question wink_o.gif

yeah i noticed smile_o.gif

I still prefer the older zoom.

I think my most dislike on this 2nd version is the zoom because the zoom is in some way more slow. Is there a way to accelerate the zoom In and zoom Out?

When i press the right button of mouse the image zoom in, but with more zoom the speed of zoom is worst/slow.

1 - Is there a way to accelerate the speeding zoom?

<s>2 - Where do i put that trackIr profile?</s>

Edit: forget the 2nd question wink_o.gif

I know the slightly longer zoom time compared to TrueView is frustrating. I really wish there was a way to adjust the speed/time of zooming in/out. That is one major gripe I have. Since, I want to treat ArmA more as a sim then a game, I want the zoom to be instant or at least a fraction of a second in transition time. The reason is, full zoom = real-life size and you should be playing zoomed in as much as possible - for immersion and for level playing against AI. Having zoom take 1-2 seconds kills immersion and can actually get you killed.

I will suggest this to BIS.

RG, can I suggest the following class addition, under the class M134?

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class TwinM134: M134

{

cursor = "\ca\Ui\Data\cursor_weapon_ca";

cursoraim = "\ca\Ui\Data\cursor_weapon_ca";

};This will put back the small crosshair on AH6 variants for the machine gun for pilots, as there is also a crosshair on some other vehicle guns that you do not have an ironsight for to look over.

A request: How would you feel about making the weaponlist in gearmenu's larger again?

I really love what you did with it etc, but especially when skimming through large weapon/magazine boxes like the ones available in 6thSenseMod and alike mods/addons, the smaller list itself creates a lesser overview which imho is not nececairy considering how much open 'screen' remains.

Also, we are very much missing the information about weapons and magazines, not only the library info, but also the names of the magazines that are needed for the rifle and such smile_o.gif

Also, a bug that I can not check if its fixed in the latest ingameUI: For other languages than English, in your previous IngameUI enhancement, the speed/altitude overlapped eachother because the words used for both are longer in those languages compared to English smile_o.gif

excellent mod..

one thing i have noticed is that every time i have a gun with aimpoint or iron sights i can zoom out permantly..

when i have a weapon that has scope on it..i can zoom out temporarily, just like zoom in...

i prefer the permanent zoom out from the middle position..rather the momentarily...

will this work with NWD scope fix or should i have to edit the cfg myself?