Sign in to follow this  
Kode

Queen's gambit bugs

Well, there wasn't really a topic about this subject yet and as there is no option in the BTS for QG we might just post them in here so we have a nice overview.

Try to keep things clean, and only discuss bugs.

Bugs I noticed:

-when clicking on the armory in the main menu, nothing is happening.

-DC3 is bouncing a lot, and also, I don't get an option to get out. The only way is to eject when engine is on, which is a vertical eject like a fighterplane.

PKM on back of hilux (maybe other vehicles) reloads instantly

Ladders in TV studio don't work?

Model Radio in objects has no name in editor just blank space

Quote[/b] ]PKM on back of hilux (maybe other vehicles) reloads instantly

well I tried this one in the editor, but worked fine, on both hilux's PKM's and Datsun's PKM's.

But I found out that the army 4x4(M2) hasn't got the ammo showing in the left corner when being gunner.

Quote[/b] ]Model Radio in objects has no name in editor just blank space

confirmed

Quote[/b] ]Ladders in TV studio don't work?

I think you mean the station at HE38? I tested them, and indeed one is not working, the ladder of the big antenna, others are working(even in the lift).

The Black merc's nose is a bit flat. xD

Edited by Zero_uk

Can't steer the DC-3 on ground

Unless I am missing a new command, I get the animation for steerings (eg rudder turns) but it hardly turns. Impossible to do a 180 even at Paraiso airfield.

So it's a 1 time use, carefully placed in the mission editor, or pilots are gonna have to land and stop on half the runway, and use the other half for taking off again.

This just isn't right? Watch this video that I took... crazy_o.gif

My Youtube film, its odd... truly odd - Smaller caliber works aswell

wtf!? I'm guessing thats not supposed to happen? The facing of the building falling down from machingun fire?? whistle.gif

*edit* added a smaller caliber movie as well... weird stuff...

You can find this with other objects too, like the ad signs in some of the city buildings or wooden crates.

Anyway thats not a QG bug, it been in Arma since v.1.0.

I can't believe this.

The whole addon seems very half baken.

DC-3 unstearable taxi, the new "buildings" just facing that fall of, etc.

I'm sure ther will be more to complain in just one day.

Thanks for the Warning!!!

You can find this with other objects too, like the ad signs in some of the city buildings or wooden crates.

Anyway thats not a QG bug, it been in Arma since v.1.0.

I must have completely missed that then? Still a weird thing to happen... looks kinda... dumb confused_o.gif

Ooh, those sliding storefronts - try to hit them in big cities with a machinegun! It's hilarious. No wonder ArmA is the most realistic military sim ever.

Hahaha. wink_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

I switched to 3d person while I was piloting a DC3. When I held down numpad #2 for too long (wanted to see bird the from below) ArmA locked up and my CPU died biggrin_o.gif

Has anyone else encountered this? ...Oh and the DC3 is the only thing in QG that doesn't feel 100% finished IMO O.o

I reloaded the first Arms Dealer mission in Royal Flush and then couldnt access more than my own characters inventory.

Then I am really having a problem with Lambowskis hat/helmet. What where they thinking when they came up with that combination? confused_o.gif

This just isn't right? Watch this video that I took... crazy_o.gif

My Youtube film, its odd... truly odd - Smaller caliber works aswell

wtf!? I'm guessing thats not supposed to happen? The facing of the building falling down from machingun fire?? whistle.gif

*edit* added a smaller caliber movie as well... weird stuff...

That used to happen back in the demo days too. You can 'implode' each part of a building separately.

Guest Ti0n3r

I bet Lambowski is into 'Nam movies and baseball wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

In the mounted machine guns in the back of the Hilux/Datsun cars, if you go to V gunsight-view, then aim upwards, the hands aren't synchronised with the gun-handles again - this was fixed for the ArmA vehicles before but has reappeared now in these new addons.

I reloaded the first Arms Dealer mission in Royal Flush and then couldnt access more than my own characters inventory.

I can confirm this. Happens also in later arms dealer missions even without reloading.

That only happened for me when i had left my team at the rebel base, whne i packed them in the ural and moved them all to the dealer it always works.

A thing that bugs me ( and most probably isnt QG related ) is that since i installed the addon often get the cannot create bla bla bug with a crash to desktop... maybe its caused by the new Nvidia drivers, dunno, i use maxmem and nomap commands already sad_o.gif

Yes, taking them to the dealer works fine. However, if you try to sell something to the dealer from the Ural without having a primary weapon, the dealer doesn't pay, just takes the items.

Also, in the last mission where you need to chase the queen, it's possible to catch up to and then outrun the queen and yet, you never see any vehicles. I have multiple map screeshots where my player icon is far ahead of the queen and yet she got away - I never had a chance for an ambush. Is this part of the mission in some way I cannot comprehend or is this just a bug?

In this last mission it's also possible to get to a situation where objectives are not checked even though they're completed. Because of this, the mission cannot be finished.

why cant i sometimes walk over the smallest stones?

but while im on a roof, and i walk against the wall at the edge of the building and im ON the wall? ( thats if im lucky, coz most of the times i drop down to death )

also, on several stairs you cant turn around....

Yes, taking them to the dealer works fine. However, if you try to sell something to the dealer from the Ural without having a primary weapon, the dealer doesn't pay, just takes the items.

Also, in the last mission where you need to chase the queen, it's possible to catch up to and then outrun the queen and yet, you never see any vehicles. I have multiple map screeshots where my player icon is far ahead of the queen and yet she got away - I never had a chance for an ambush. Is this part of the mission in some way I cannot comprehend or is this just a bug?

In this last mission it's also possible to get to a situation where objectives are not checked even though they're completed. Because of this, the mission cannot be finished.

Wait... Is RF a dynamic campaign? smile_o.gif I had a problem with my computer during a cutscene and didnt bother to reload it, and went directly into the next mission. I read the notes, got a bit amazed of how the story had turned and then found myself on the last mission, but without any Queen.

Guest Ti0n3r

Found another one.

The Description.etx for Rahmadi Conflict seems to be broken. Class CfgIdentities is included in the description, but my ingame character is called Jay Thorn (my user name), not Leon Ortega.

In 2nd prison camp liberation mission, saving game after you've liberated prisoners and loaded them into truck, exiting ArmA and then reloading later gives you some error about 'missing class/' and mission fails immediately as if all prisoners were dead.

Hey guys could someone confirm this, on the BLUFOR / AIR

The UH60 FFAR (Transporter) and the UH60 MG (Transporter) are backwards. I.E when u select the FFAR you get the MG version.

By the way what is the difference with the "Transporter" version??

Cheers.