Sign in to follow this  
Clean_Marine91

bin file can't be copied

File AA_QueensGambit_part1.bin can't be copied - Please check that AA_QueensGambit_part1.bin is in the same folder as the Armed Assault - Queen's Gambit Setup file.

I keep getting the above message when trying to install. I have the US version, Combat Operations, and I've just downloaded Queen's Gambit. Thanks.

EDIT: Oops, nevermind, I see a second download now for that part. Someone can delete this thread if they want.

Wait, how did you fix this? I downloaded both files to the same folder, but I'm still getting this problem...

I also get the same problem. The first download file is the setup application. The second file is a zip file.

When about 2/3s through the install, I get that same error message where is looking for .bin file.

Any solution yet?

I haven't head back from Metaboli support yet. I'm a bit angry with them. There was no serial# or activation code on the download page, or in the accompanying email. They obviously didn't test their download too well... banghead.gif

They told me that the serial number isn't necessary. You just need to install the game.

If the 2nd file is a zip file, unzip it, and place the bin file you unzipped next to the setup exe.

There was no bin file inside the zip file. I've contacted metaboli about this. Is it possible that they're missing something? I downloaded both files that were available. One is the zip, containing no bin file, and the other is a large exe file.

Stonge is correct, there is no .bin file in the zip file. The zip file contains two directories, with the following contents:

Addons directory:

anims.pbo

anims.pbo.bi.bisign

cutsceneAnims

cutsceneAnims.pbo.bi.bisign

dbe1.pbo

dbe1.pbo.bi.bisign

Desert2.pbo.

Desert2.pbo.bi.bisign

language.pbo

language.pbo.bi.bisign

sara.pbo

sara.pbo.bi.bisign

ui.pbo

ui.pbo.bi.bisign

Missions directory:

rc.pbo

Solved!

Metaboli emailed back with the solution. It works. Here's what they said:

Quote[/b] ]The file AA_QueensGambit_part1.bin is indeed a .bin - something must have gone wrong with your download (some browsers or download managers may not recognize this type of extension). Please rename the file from file extension .zip to .bin and retry the installation by clicking on the setup.exe.