Sign in to follow this  
plumose 219

configs

ive made this Island called sophia islands,ive pbo it ,loaded it up,and this comes up

Untitled-1copy.jpg

ive tryed every thing i can think of ,plus ive had this trouble before ,it seems to be when i wright island please help me on this one  huh.gif

Hello again,

Didn't know where to post this but i think this is not a bad idea.

It is about the Config .cpp, (i think)

How to change the way vehicles move, they are bouncing around like hell, can't pick up speed.??

What setting of what parameters do you use for this ??

Anybody have any luck with the roads yet???

Later, thanks.

You should define your surfaces properly in some config, example is for roads, but works for detail textures as well:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

class CfgSurfaces

{

class Default {};

class Water {};

class Roads: Default

{

access = 3;

files=silnice*;

rough=0.005; //roughness of surface, affects bouncing

dust=0.01; //how much dust is generated by vehicle

soundEnviron = road;//what sound class will be used when walking or riding on surface

character=Empty;//name of surface character

};

};

Thank you very much Edge, for yet another piece of the puzzle.

is there any way i can change sea rougthness to dead calm in the configs thanks smile_o.gif

If you mean to adjust wave amplitude of the water body, it is done different way and I am not sure if this can be controlled by config at all. Roughness is surface parameter which tells engine how much speed of vehicle is affected and how "bumpy" it is for vehicles.

@Allie: You're welcome; feel free to describe how you did surfaces definition either here or on community wiki. BTW the terrain you are making look very interesting. smile_o.gif

I'm really willing to explain it to y'all but no luck for me up to now.

I'm a sort of stuck on the terrain roughness for driving vehicles without bumping around.

All default island seem to work ok without me being able to find out how they did it.

Tryed a lot of different way for setting up a surface config class, inside the config.cpp but also with separate included hpp file structure.

No errors what soever but no result on the bumpyness effect.

There are 2 runway pieces which seem to be drivable ok for vehicles without any settings or parameters defining that piece of runway.

I have this feeling that the roughness of the closeup textures is not only defined by the setting the roughness of that piece of texture but you also need to define parameters for the vehicles themself which will be driving on it ?!?

Well i have a fulltime job and i am curently at the office trying to figure out stuff for arma in my boss his time, i'll go on with it tonight and hope to have some result then.

Dont worry, i wont give up.

Greetings,

Alphons

hey allie,

i havent looked at your map ,too busy with my own ,but maybe you have used the pisek texture where you have placed your runway ,this comes with free boulders smile_o.gif and maybe why your road is bumpy . you need to go to your map in v3 , goto your runway in bulldoizer and press "t" , this will say what rvmat is defining the texture on this cell . look which kind it is and for example change to

one which you know is smooth , i tink "mesto" is concrete but pisek have defined in there default some stones and makes it bumpy to drive on .

Also with new v3 there is some extra scripts called smoothroads maybe you can try these too .

good luck .

ps thing to test in config =

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">minRocksInRockSquare = 4;

change to 0

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> class SmallRocks: GrassGeneral

{

model=ca\rocks\clutter_stone_small.p3d;

affectedByWind = 0;

scaleMin = 0.90;

scaleMax = 1.10;

};

change to

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> scaleMin = 0.0;

scaleMax = 0.0;

test each one seperate until you see change.

if its your land then simply select changeheigh vertices in panel of objects.

drag over the ariport area and run scritp ,tere are a few that will level that area out for you.

Hey guys, have some problems which I hope to get sorted before Friday.

1) How do I remove this from my map?

probxj5.gif

I've tried removing the class names from the config:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class Names {

class Veg_1 {

name = "";

position[] = {2713.62, 2140.92};

type = "VegetationPalm";

radiusA = 0;

radiusB = 0;

};

class Veg_2 {

name = "";

position[] = {2446.09, 3038.29};

type = "VegetationPalm";

radiusA = 0;

radiusB = 0;

};

class Veg_3 {

name = "";

position[] = {2940.52, 2923.19};

type = "VegetationPalm";

radiusA = 0;

radiusB = 0;

};

};

};

};

but then my map doesn't show up in the Island Selector.

2) How do I remove the seagulls? I've tried to do this:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">probability = 0.0;

but they still appear, also removing class makes the map not show up ingame.

3) Where in the config do I define where you start looking at the map in the editor?

I've tried editing these numbers:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">centerPosition[] = {2500, 2500, 300};

but that ALSO makes the map not show up, help!

sad_o.gif

I had that problem because i used the config for rahamadi examp island.

v3 spits out your own named places ,this is generated by the way we define them in panelofobjects /keyplaces iirc and becomes yourisland.hpp

create new ones in v3 by clicking where you want your runway and veg plots ,then i think you can copy and paste those from the hpp file generated and paste them into your config there to replace the old rhamadi ones ,thus no need to use the hpp file

the reason your map wont show up is prolly cause 25300 is way below your land mass , again goto v3 click the center of the map and read the co-ords and then place them in the config. make suree v3 reads x,y,z and not x,z,y like mission .sqm tho.

as for seagulls try reducing the radius of the trigger ,further up the config where seagulls are spawned inside.

Many thanks OFP2, all problems are solved now. Although I do would like to point out that it must've been something else causing the map not to show up regarding the seagull, therefore I was able to remove the seagull class completely.

PS: radius = 0; on the seagull will leave you with a Tourettes suffering bipedal marine animal above your head.

Hello again,

Ehh....ofp2 i'm not using pisek under the runway (or roads) i'm actually using mesto2 for that.

On the other hand, on the sand texture(pisek) you are able to drive inbetween the rocks, but stll the roughness for vehicles is way to much even on pisek, not only the roughness but also the dust.

I run into new different problems yesterday so this project gonne take again bit longer then i anticipated.

No news from me on solving things, stuck beyond believe for now.

Update:

Quote[/b] ]Surface physical properties

RVMAT files are also used in geometry LODs for defining physical properties (the idea behind this is to be able to use one set of physical material definitions on many different surfaces that may still have different visual representation). It is done via a link to *.bisurf file.

surfaceInfo="data\wood.bisurf";

Content of a *.bisurf definition:

rough=0.1;

dust=0.1;

bulletPenetrability=150;

// distance in mm that a bullet with speed 1000 m/s go until it stops. Slowdown is calculated linear.

soundEnviron=Empty;

isWater=false;

thickness=10 // not implemented in ArmA

density=2500 // kg/m3, but it has actually no real value to ArmA engine too

So it seems you define surface definition true the Rvmats ?!?

Very interesting, gonne test tonight.

I'm slowly beginning to see the light smile_o.gif

Later,

Alphons

hey allie,

Quote[/b] ]you are able to drive inbetween the rocks

Not able to land a plane though and avoid them smile_o.gif

there are three suggestions i made give them a try.

yes you can adjust the dust in the rvmat ,but you must figure out first if its your actual .dem or xyz or config settings maybe causing your rough ground.

process of elimination i guess.

good luck with it.

i will download later and have a see, assuming you mean the map which average joe downloaded ?

well i took a look and all i can see is the obvious

alliemapzg1.jpg

your terrain needs smoothing ,simply drag a box and setheight all same.

if you have already tried this then maybe ,your terrain cell is 50 in V3 and then your using rahmadi or sahrani config which i believe but i am not sure uses 40m cells or even less . so everything will not correspond between v3 and actual ingame.

you can add a line i will find it and post later.

@opteryx

Quote[/b] ]PS: radius = 0; on the seagull will leave you with a Tourettes suffering bipedal marine animal above your head.

you was the guniea pig on that :0. i shall note it down for my one day to be released tute. as you know there harder to write than actually figuring how to use v3 wink_o.gif. yours is ideal for begginers so i dont see a need for an exhaustive one yet imo.

hello, home and just finished my last options.

Well still no result, this is really getting frustrated when you know the trick is done with maybe just 2 or 3 lines of code.

MY TERRAIN is flat !!!!

The beta release was from before the terrain smoothing, so dont worry the runway is as flat as a dead posum.

The rvmat surface config thingy doesnt seem to have an effect either.

Dont you have that problem on your maps Opteryx ??

Im downloading some maps, and see whats up in there.

Later.

Update

Ok tryed 2 custom maps , both have same problem as i.

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPP

If you're using Wilbur it would be wise to import terrain as BMP format, PNG import seems to get very pixelated in Wilbur, export it from Wilbur as PNG.

Dont worry about me and wilbur, it all ok between me and good old willy.

Other maps have same problem !

Maybe better call it UNDEFINED parameters.

Vehicle speed/dust on different textures, Chopper dust color/amount on diff textrs, things like bullet impact, explosion dust/craters......

Stuff like that.

My latest tought is that is has some to do with this "commented out" line in the closeup textures Rvmat files: //surfaceInfo = "landtext\bumps.bisurf";

Content of a *.bisurf definition:

Quote[/b] ]rough=0.1;

dust=0.1;

bulletPenetrability=150;

// distance in mm that a bullet with speed 1000 m/s go until it stops. Slowdown is calculated linear.

soundEnviron=Empty;

isWater=false;

thickness=10 // not implemented in ArmA

density=2500 // kg/m3, but it has actually no real value to ArmA engine too

allie,

make a video because i think you have exhausted all options smile_o.gif.

or try running map on normal details and low see if bump goes ,this will eliminate texture problem .

Btw

YOUR TERRAIN MAYBE FLAT!!!!!!!!

But how the fuck did i know if you have not answered to my question is it new map or the beta release wink_o.gif

In OFP, rough was the config setting that controlled the apparent roughness of that terrain for vehicles. It has no visual impact, and has no effect on man units. I don't know where such surface definitions live in ArmA.

Sorry for not reading your post right then OFP2, but i'm really loosing track of all different post and questions i have asked on different forums and stuff.

I have derapifide the BIN file in the DTA folder of my arma directory, there are surface defenition settings in there, i tryed to fool around with them a bit (not the acctual bin itself) i just used syntaxes from there, but also these syntaxes about surface defenition are not having an effect either.

Again the roughness has nothing to do with the acctual terrain.

The terrain from Wilbur to Visitor is smooth enough, like i said i tested out some different custom maps and they have the same problem i'm talking about.

I will make a small movie tonight and will post it so you can see what i mean.

Laying runway is done with Artificial objects, NOT with the road tool.

I just import all the runway parts into visitorobjects list, then placed them on the map, bit tricky to get them all nicely lined up, but it is working.

Later,

Alphons

Ok, however, the runway models do not have a roadway lod.

You need to lay an invisible road part along with the runway models, this road_invisible has a roadway lod.

The reason the runway models do not have a roadway lod is because they are too big to have one.

The larger runway models are approx 80m X 40m, just lay road_invisible on top of the runway models - cover the runway model completely with the invisible road model.

Planck

just for clarification you are talking about the papi 1- 4 models having no roadway lods ?

No...

Papi is not a runway model, it is a landing aid for aircraft, so no, I was talking about the runway (road) models.

Planck