Sign in to follow this  
Sleek

Has Anyone Got Queens Gambit?

I do however have a serious beef with the headwear of Lambowski (the main character), can the person that came up with that combination please explain himself? confused_o.gif

It could be somehow related to this pic. smile_o.gif

Afterall its a game with a fantasy story and fitting badass looking PMCs.

I mean personally id also prefer them in more fitting modern gear and cammo but they dont look bad at all, i mean if we are annoyed by a guy that wears a old steel pot in battle then what about the guys that dont wear anythign at all on the head or just a cowboy hat?

Coolest thing would have been if they looked like the PMCs from the new Metal Gear trailer, modern weebing, basecaps, radios with headsets etc.

there have been a lot of people here saying that QG is well worth it for people who love the original game.

but how about people who didn't? i play mainly singleplayer games and ArmA was a real disappointment; the original campaign just wasn't fun. the two follow-up missions (Blood, Sweat and Tears and the A-10 mission) were a lot better, though.

QG costs 20 euro here. are the campaigns good enough to bring someone like me back to ArmA?

I'm one of the people heavily disapointed with the original ArmA SP content.

I like QG campaign alot. I don't regret my 15 € spent on it (Metaboli download).

Hope that helps smile_o.gif

Note that the non-mission content is not big, for me QG is interesting for its campaign and the work dedicated for it (animation, etc...)

Guest Ti0n3r
Quote[/b] ]QG costs 20 euro here. are the campaigns good enough to bring someone like me back to ArmA?

I think they are wink_o.gif

They are for sure perfect to also show you all the bugs that ArmA has especially Ai but i think the well told story of the Royal Flush campaign is motivating enough to spend these 15-20.

Btw after playing the mission at the studio i was wonderign if you always had visible guidelines before when you ordered soldiers to certain positions in houses?

Guest Ti0n3r
Quote[/b] ]Btw after playing the mission at the studio i was wonderign if you always had visible guidelines before when you ordered soldiers to certain positions in houses?

That's right. Dunno in which version it was added though.

Quote[/b] ]Btw after playing the mission at the studio i was wonderign if you always had visible guidelines before when you ordered soldiers to certain positions in houses?

That's right. Dunno in which version it was added though.

I think I've always seen them in ArmA

Thanks to all who answered my questions. I guess I should buy ArmA gold when I'll have a good machine, but restrain myself from playing the original campaign.

Well there's got to be a bad campaign in every game I guess. Like "Red Hammer" in was in OFP.

Hi there !

I am willing to downlaod QG from sprocket however I can only find a UK version so far. My questions :

1) Any chance that it would work with a French version of ArmA ?

2) Any chance to localise this addon in french language ?

3) final one : how to install QG on a dedicated server ?

Thanx a bunch for replies wink_o.gif

I just tried to buy through metoboli and it gave me the links to download, but no codes!!!

Never had these problems with any other digital distributer...

Theres no Serial required to install Queens Gambit.

Seems like online distributors got some confusing confirmation emails, the guys on the german forum say that.

that's pretty shitty then for some , what's to stop people from downloading it illegally?

I'm downloading it right now from sprocket. I have the U.S. Arma version boxed. Hopefully all goes smooth.

I just tried to buy through metoboli and it gave me the links to download, but no codes!!!

Seems like online distributors got some confusing confirmation emails, the guys on the german forum say that.

that's pretty shitty then for some , what's to stop people from downloading it illegally?

It's a few pbo's and a mod folder. It does patch though I think, not sure if its an update to the current 1.08, or simply the original 1.08 patch. When I installed it I got Patching to 1.08 from 1.08 at the top which was slightly confusing.

I wouldn't be suprised if you could copy it without any special tools other than copy and paste.

So... i boguht Queens Gambit. I can say, it is fun, but most deffinately not worth 20$ confused_o.gif

Im not gonna lie tho, the technicals are boner tounge2.gif

What's stopping people from downloading any game illegally? Copy protection is always cracked in no time anyway.

What's stopping people from downloading any game illegally? Copy protection is always cracked in no time anyway.

What I meant it is , most games even when cracked , still stop people from playing online. If this is only a bunch of addons pasted into the addons folder or something , then theres not much stopping people.

What I meant it is , most games even when cracked , still stop people from playing online. If this is only a bunch of addons pasted into the addons folder or something , then theres not much stopping people.

But it's just an expansion made up of a bunch of addons. People already play ArmA online with pirated copies (that's why bans don't work well), and most online servers don't use QG anyway.

Copy-protecting QG would have been a waste of time and money.

I won't buy it. They should of spent time fixing Armed assault instead of trying to make more dosh.

I won't buy it. They should of spent time fixing Armed assault instead of trying to make more dosh.

Oh those evil people! How dare they make money!

mad_o.gif

Oh those evil people! How dare they make money!

mad_o.gif

x2

Wow I'm surprised you don't feel stupid after that post. What do think helps them work towards fixing arma ? More dosh genius.

Wow I'm surprised you don't feel stupid after that post. What do think helps them work towards fixing arma ? More dosh genius.

Well if you don't have the dosh to start a project and complete it in the first place, you should leave it well alone genius. Also remembering we were told that this had gone "Gold" wich = non beta. As for fixing the game. Are you sure?

Your comments border on saying fraud.

Gold means that the master has been sent off for DVD manufacturing, no more, no less.

Could be refferring to Arma:Gold Editon which includes Queens Gambit which is a hella deal

Gold means that the master has been sent off for DVD manufacturing, no more, no less.

well i thought that gold meant it was in a fit state to be released. I'll remember that from now on. Still waiting on all that wildlife you spoke of in the game Placebo. I listened to your radio chatter. when is that due?