Sign in to follow this  
Sleek

Has Anyone Got Queens Gambit?

Guest Ti0n3r

Played it for hours now. Royal Flush is pretty much a masterpiece if you ask me. Just as good as CWC and Resistance.

QG was well worth the money.

Edit: Oh, Rahmadi Conflict is a joke though. No map, no possibility to plan your mission, and all the usual BIS BS. To me it's nothing more than proof that BIS are totally unable to create realistic and finished missions... They should get rid of their mission designers and hire the guys who did Royal Flush instead smile_o.gif

I'm really interested in the new island. Are there any screens? Something like a map of it would be sweet.

MfG Medicus

I'm really interested in the new island. Are there any screens? Something like a map of it would be sweet.

MfG Medicus

there are screenshots in this thread. somewhere around p3 I think

-Ziggy- @ Sep. 29 2007,22:53)]

MfG Medicus

there are screenshots in this thread. somewhere around p3 I think

Oh, thank you. Didn't see this in the 1st place.

Well ... a bit smaller than i hoped for. confused_o.gif

But there are at least some nice new objects smile_o.gif

In the Rahmadi Conflict campaing. Is it just me or does the main charachter Leon Ortega sound like the guy from Postal when he says:

"The President... Right..." and "Where is that bastard" ? whistle.gif

It's the second mission in that campaing.

Anyway... bot campaings are good in QG. Realistic or not. I prefer campaing with a good story then random missions all over the place.

Played it for hours now. Royal Flush is pretty much a masterpiece if you ask me. Just as good as CWC and Resistance.

Yes Royal Flush really is a masterpiece. You never know what to expect, and the difficulty is just perfect. I am however wondering when we will see these missions redone for multiplayer? I could really have needed at least an extra hand on those prison camp missions for example.

I spent 6 hours on it and I am just done with the third mission, taking it all in, doing proper recces and asigning fire positions for my men. This to me adds what Resistence did to the original Flashpoint. inlove.gif

I do however have a serious beef with the headwear of Lambowski (the main character), can the person that came up with that combination please explain himself? confused_o.gif

... They should get rid of their mission designers and hire the guys who did Royal Flush instead smile_o.gif

I third that smile_o.gif

Queens Gambit sucked me back into playing ARMA, the missions are catching and at the right difficulty.  I am back to the old bring-em-all-out-alive playing style, which I didnt care for in the original ARMA campaign.  thumbs-up.gif

The size of Porto is just right to be using it for very good MP conflicts either coop or vs.  And using the new objects we should be able to create very interesting middle eastern themed maps/islands.

The Spec Ops mission is the only downside, but once modded to the critics above maybe it will turn out more attracting.

All points measured I am quite content, looking forward to 1.09 now.

is it right that the 2 new islands are one tinytiny and one sahrani with the removed border in that unreal weird city? that got to be a joke.

Guest Ti0n3r

Not really true. United Sahrani makes sense if you try out the Royal Flush campaign... I guess the same goes for Porto.

is it right that the 2 new islands are one tinytiny and one sahrani with the removed border in that unreal weird city? that got to be a joke.

How hard is it to read from there ----> http://www.armedassault.com/queensgambit.html

It gives what it promises. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Porto isn't "tinytiny". It's good size for player vs. player maps and United Sahrani has new buildings around the island and new small roads in the northern part of the Sahrani.

After staying up really late last night playing Royal Flush I'm overall really impressed. There are some things I still hate, but I personally find it very enjoyable. Well worth the $20. Some say it isn't worth $5, but either they had unrealistic expectations or they just opened up the editor looked at the included addons and left it at that, or they are just into MP only. To each his own, but I've already got my moneys worth going by just time spent having fun with it and I've just scratched the surface. Again I still hate some decisions, but I still enjoy it and think it's worth the money which is still less than one night at the movies.

it feels good, thats for sure, though, just done the flush.

ohh, and Ti0n3r

Quote[/b] ]Oh, Rahmadi Conflict is a joke though. No map, no possibility to plan your mission, and all the usual BIS BS. To me it's nothing more than proof that BIS are totally unable to create realistic and finished missions... They should get rid of their mission designers and hire the guys who did Royal Flush instead

are the 2 campaign made by different teams? help.gif

Yep.

The Rahmadi Conflict is made by BIS, while the Royal Flush is made by Black Element Software wink_o.gif .

Guest Ti0n3r
Quote[/b] ]are the 2 campaign made by different teams? help.gif

Yes, Royal Flush was made by Black Element Software notworthy.gif

...aha you beat me to it wink_o.gif

Yep.

The Rahmadi Conflict is made by BIS, while the Royal Flush is made by Black Element Software wink_o.gif .

That explains it then. RC is quite bad in my opinion. RF was mostly ok - I wouldn't go as far as calling it a masterpiece, but at least it had consistency and a storyline. It also has some replay value and some of the cutscenes are done nicely, especially at the end.

The islands are ok, too, although I fully agree with those who say that in general, the whole Sahrani thing is a weird place. In OFP, all the islands had a very consistent, believable look and feel. In Sahrani, there isn't any kind of a consistent architecture and the whole place looks strange. Also, all the various climates in such a small area is out of place. These bother me a lot because it makes immersion in the game very hard to begin with, at least for me.

Hopefully someone (or even BIS) will re-release all those OFP islands for ArmA.

IMHO : What's there is good, there's just not much of it if you already had patch 1.08.

Porto is very nice but seems a bit smaller than Rahmadi at first sight... I haven't really noticed big differences in United Sahrani so far... TV station and some burned houses maybe...

I guess it will make more sense in a GOTY edition or for people that didn't update their game before...

DC3 is nice : at least a transport airplane for insertions, drug dealers, Casablanca cutscenes etc... too bad they didn't put a military skin of some sort (or just metal skin).

OK guys I have a question. Is it worthwhile to buy the ArmA gold edition, now after QG is out? I should get a new rig in the near future, but I thought perhaps I should wait for ArmA 2?

I'm putting it here because I want the opinions of people who played both ArmA and QG. Is QG makes it worthwhile?

Imo it's not like you have much of a choice. There's already a custom island out yet which is using some objects from QueensGambit, and i'm sure they'll be other addons in the future.

So, anyone without QG will most likely have problems using custom addons in the future.

Btw: QG may be not as great as i've expected it to be, but it still makes for a nice change.

im glad i didnt pay this hunk of crap

I'm glad you don't post very often.

Shall I take over his part in this stage play?

It's not that there is no room for criticism to be cooked in this queen's kitchen.

Maybe it's just the script author that gave him the part of the bad boy.

But the rules for this play are known to us for some time: Anything new, needs a patch, or two.

Shall I take over his part in this stage play?

It's not that there is no room for criticism to be cooked in this queen's kitchen.

Maybe it's just the script author that gave him the part of the bad boy.

But the rules for this play are known to us for some time: Anything new, needs a patch, or two.

Gne, what?

No need for a patch for QG for me, campaign runs without a flaw so far.

Guest Ti0n3r

The only thing I would like to se added in a future patch would be map, briefing and the ability to selected your gear before the missions in Rahmadi Conflict.

Special operations usualy require careful planing whistle.gif

There is new stuff in QG, that will be used by island/addon makers.

That is why i have preordered QG mainly, and because i like new stuff to build missions with.

I hope my copy of QG will arrive today.

there have been a lot of people here saying that QG is well worth it for people who love the original game.

but how about people who didn't? i play mainly singleplayer games and ArmA was a real disappointment; the original campaign just wasn't fun. the two follow-up missions (Blood, Sweat and Tears and the A-10 mission) were a lot better, though.

QG costs 20 euro here. are the campaigns good enough to bring someone like me back to ArmA?