Sign in to follow this  
Michael_Wittman

NO MORE TIME TO WASTE

Well....thats it. It couldnt take longer, 90% of public servers are screwed by hackers, the anti-cheat protection in this game equals 0. The interest of developers on doing anything about it equals 0.

Now I realize the policy of BI. And I´m not longer their client. Im uninstalling the game today and will never buy anything from this guys period.

If anyone asks me in the future about buying something from BIS I wil just tell my experience. You will have a game full of bugs for 3 or more months, then you will play fairly good for another 3 months, then you will not be able to play it anymore because its been completely raped by cheaters.

BTW. Combat Mission Shock Force have passed from 55 Euro to 8 Euro in very little time....do you still feel horny on releasing ARMA2?

goodnight.gif

@Michael, I can understand your frustration but I think you quit just when the anti-cheat measures are starting to be useful. The Signature Protection can finally be used since about a week, due to the release of the tool to create signatures. All that is needed is the addon makers going ahead and deliver signatures, and the server owners to enable the signature checks.

Even if it would not be fully water-tight, cheating-frequency should considerably drop after above has been executed.

on the other hand if someone takes a step back and have a look at the list of server you will see that at least 70% of them are coop...

since cheating is a real problem in mainly competitve game...not so sure if this game is mainly addressing the competitive gamers...

I beleive, that OFP and Arma was always geared towards coop....

now is not bad to have the odd game of competitive..but i don't think it has been designed with the competitive mp in mind like BF2, JO, AA, etc...

90% of servers screwed? Not true. Well I'm sure the cheaters had a good laugh at this topic. Really, why does everyone here give them such pointless attention? Only talk about them if you have something useful to say please, otherwise they are not worth talking about.

If your server is screwed, then you need decent admins icon_rolleyes.gif

If your server is screwed, then you need decent admins icon_rolleyes.gif

This is what I am saying too.

There is one single exception though. I read about cheaters being able to lock out the admin from typing. I've never witnessed this and I don't know whether this is true.

But when this is really true, this is a major serious issue.

Ammo and respawn cheats can be annoying but when it comes to server security, you can't compromise.

I don't know what exactly has changed in the past week, week and a half, but I'm definitely encountering less cheaters. I haven't seen one for a good few days yet and I've been playing quite regularly, for extended periods of time. Maybe I have just been extraordinarily lucky, but up until a very short while ago every game I was a participant in has a cheater enter at some point and ruin the game for all concerned. It definitely seems to me as though the situation has improved, although why that is could be anybody's guess.

Wittman: I'm sorry to heat you didn't find a pleasure in ArmA. It is that kind of a game that you need good buddies to play with. Our team (12+players) plays on weekly basis with totally custom missions based on realism. Of course, server is locked.

And guess what? We're enjoying the hell out of it! Yesterday we did a 3-mission operation on island "ASMap v1.8":

1. take E island in a swift unexpected attack while majority of enemy forces guard airport. (took us 15min)

2. Launch air/sea attack from the previously taken island and take over the main airport on main island (took us 1 hour)

3. When airport is under control, US choppers arrived with equipment to aid our rapid reaction forces. We set-up FOB in Town of Dirka and then take on the drugfarm, town Darno and finally military outpost. We also managed to snatch 4 brand new M60A3 tanks from Factory on W that was poorly guarded (bmp+squad). (took us 1:30 hours)

As you can see ArmA is not a BF2-style game with noobs running & gunning and reviving fallen guys. It is a complex simulation and that means you have to create "fun" not join a random server probably running a crappy mission.

m2c.

I have no time to waste either..I just took on a 3rd shift job asides till running my own business.

I been just downloading some SP missions and tinkering here and there.

And I am sure Bis is concerned

What gets me is that Arma players are mostly a different breed, I have met some real smart people and the people that are interested in games like Arma are different.

They are going to mess with the wrong people at some point ...like me.

I've considering hopping on IRC and recruiting some ol friends of mine. Some takeover groups that would shutdown these webpages and kill the perps connections,could get nasty.I know how it works.It will catch up to them in time.

I'm gathering info's (pm me info please)

Their is always someone better and they are messing with wrong crowd.I know more experienced people.Just hate to use them.In the past problem stopping them too.

What I say is that PUBLIC servers are screwed. In my clan we were also playing regularly but I also liked to play in other servers especially to meet fresh blood.

90% of the pleople playing this game are great dudes but there is a 1% that messes all.

In my server we did only let people in if they go on TS. If not we passworded or locked it. But that was making many ppl not to come.

It seems the signatures are already cracked.

http://www.armedassault.eu/Real-Li....ed.html

Yes, but they haven't released these 'cracks'. According to Suma's post in another thread, it's probably just a workaround. I know it sucks, but you just need to admin a server properly.

Quote[/b] ]They are going to mess with the wrong people at some point ...like me.

I've considering hopping on IRC and recruiting some ol friends of mine. Some takeover groups that would shutdown these webpages and kill the perps connections,could get nasty.I know how it works.It will catch up to them in time.

Their is always someone better and they are messing with wrong crowd.I know more experienced people.Just hate to use them.In the past problem stopping them too.

You could make a lot of ArmA players and server admins happy, as well as BIS I'm sure smile_o.gif

Do it do it now. These kids have pissed off too many older players they need to be shut down.

I'm working on it, already met up with my friends.They are still there.

I need webpage address's so I don't get wrong people.

Any info is helpfull

This has already got the attention of "KFC". They're talking about it in the forums icon_rolleyes.gif

Even a message from d3dsh33p to BraTTy. I'm not going to post it here though because that's not a good idea. Keep that discussion off these forums.

Quote[/b] ]Do it do it now. These kids have pissed off too many older players they need to be shut down.

They're not all kids, just messed up people.

Anyway, they wont bother us that much for long. Don't worry about it.

Yes thank you for that info

It is such an old game.

Don't worry ...their webpage only has so much bandwidth etc..

My friends usually like more of a challenge

Quote[/b] ]Even a message from d3dsh33p to BraTTy.

lol that guys a wannabe with too many sheep to service. look 12 threads down from that one you will see him asking for information so he can hack someone , a hypocrit and a person who cheats in human v ai co-op lol need we say more.

Overall #fc are pulling out all stops to show there not done ,but its very clear the end is near smile_o.gif

Don't worry ...their webpage only has so much bandwidth etc..

40Gigs per day if I remember correctly.

Quote[/b] ]but its very clear the end is near

So true. They don't know what's going on, what other people are doing. Neither do most people here, and I don't think even BIS knows all of it biggrin_o.gif

I don't think hacking their webpage is necessary (even though it could be fun), it might be fun to see what they have to say in a while rofl.gifwhistle.gif

To "KFC" nener.gif

yeh there is quite a few people coming from different directions its great to see, there dev changelogs have been doing the rounds and they have some firework/fire thing for november 5th in prog lol. all the makings of a downfall and demise of a once thriving kindergarten for adults.

i know most people dont like steam but i think its a good option. make it so you must register you arma key to you steam acct. i also wonder why BI did not incorporate a cd key check with a master server when you click on multiplayer

i know most people dont like steam but i think its a good option. make it so you must register you arma key to you steam acct. i also wonder why BI did not incorporate a cd key check with a master server when you click on multiplayer

Wish they would have as well, least for online play. Would have save them from a ton of pirated copies that run around along with stopping some of the mass cheating.

Go BraTTy notworthy.gif

Yeah, woohoo! lets dos servers in retal to writing cheats! Woooo! Umm people, it's kinda being even lower than people think they are.

You know, take the time and figure out how they write the cheats (pretty simple for most people here) and then figure out a method to stop or at least catch it. That might be a little bit more productive.

Or hell, just drive over there and shake hands, cry, kiss make up and then talk about the good ol'e times when we used to mail floppy's to each other to play chess.

Don't want to say much they are reading these forums.

No illegal activity is happening on my end. I know what I am doing.I'm just PR

And like the law would prosecute a war between hacking types anyways.Thats not in my plans anyways