Sign in to follow this  
AimPoint

AimPoint Desert Weapons 1.3

Great set of weapons! Congrats on the release! I have two suggestions. First, I would colapse the stock on the CQB weapons, this would make them even shorter as in the Wip M4 pack. Second, I would add an M145 Elcan scope to the M249. It's one of the most used scopes with that weapon system. Again, great work, I really enjoyed the initial release and I know I will enjoy these as well.

The ACOG reticle is like the 31st meu one and is quite large going of the top and bottom of the screen but it's not an issue, why should you be looking in that part of the optic when the enemy is in the middle heh.

But I have found a little bug with the M249 Eotech

I have checked the bug.

The bug is find when you use replacement optics and aimpoint ammocrate.

So here I have to explain something:

The replacement file is a replacement file, not an addon.

What I mean is that the replacement file is intended to be use when you do not have access to the aimpoint ammocrate (es: in an evolution mission).

If you have access to the ammocrate (es:in your mission with addon), you do not need the replacement file.

Anyway I will try to find a solution to this bug.

I removed the amp_deswps_replace_optics.pbo.AimPoint.bisign & amp_deswps_replace_optics.pbo from my addon folder and then ingame the Eotech works on the Mk 46. No matter if i take it from a default ammo crate or the AimPoint one, both times in the Editor. Same is when i spawn with the SAW (QG Machinegunner) or when i pick it up from a default ammo in a regular Mission (03 North Bases CTF-12).

mk46on0.th.jpg

Some other thing is the stretched ACOG reticule on the AimPoint weapons, im having some problems when i have to aim at a target that is further away. Feels harder than with the default reticule. Ingame settings are 1280*960 4:3. Removing the two files mentioned above had no influence on the ACOG reticule.

acogoz7.th.jpg

I think your problem is due to 3rd party addon.

Try the aimpoint weapons with default game. They works fine for me.

Let me know...

acogoz7.th.jpg

I think your problem is due to 3rd party addon.

Try the aimpoint weapons with default game. They works fine for me.

Let me know...

Tried it with just QG+AimPoint pack, same result. Then just ArmA+AimPoint Pack also the same. On the M16A4 the ACOG rticule looks 'normal' while on the AimPoint rifles the reticule is stretched.

Hi, i don't know what it may be causing you to see an ACOG reticle

when you choose a M249 Eotech from the weapons box, but i see

perfectly the Eotech model just as i see the rest of the weapons

in the pack, the BIS M4A1 Aimpoint sight or my own M4's pack.

Let's C ya

Hi Apo

I don't see the problem here,in my pack I use NWD TA01NSN acog reticle,which is more big (no stretched) than the default one,no issue is just different and much better IMHO, try it with the darkness. wink_o.gif

EDIT:

@wipman

The problem is due one of replacements,the optics version,I,m try to find the solution right now.

EDIT2:

Thanks for mirror deadeye smile_o.gif

and as always thanks you all guys.

There is something wrong with eotech model. When entering cargo position in humvee for example.

a1he8.th.jpg

Maybe there is something wrong with cargo view LOD?

@AimPoint

I think i found the answer.

With version 1.1 you always spawned with the default ACOG reticule, the new one only showed up when using the AimPoint ammo crate. So i was used to this one.

Since you now also spawn with the new one in version 1.2, while the untouched rifles keep their reticule, this was it what lead to the confusion on my end.

Now i just have to get used to it. wink_o.gif

@wipman

Removing the amp_deswps_replace_optics.pbo.AimPoint.bisign & amp_deswps_replace_optics.pbo from my addon folder resolved the problem (Mk 46 Mod 1 Eotech > ACOG reticule) without noticing any problems with the other rifles. Maybe one of the devs can explain what the file is exactely for and what happens when not using it.

Awesome set of weapons Aimpoint. I love the new Eotech sight! smile_o.gif

I'd have a few requests, if you don't mind, for future release(s):

M4A1 + Acog

M4A1SD + Acog

M4A1SD + Eotech

M4A1 + M203 + M68

M4A1SD + M203 + M68

M4A1SD + M203 + Eotech

I think this would make the set even more complete. In other words, the absolute shizz!

Still awesome even if you never update the pack again, though  wink_o.gif

Cheers,

Maybe one of the devs can explain what the file is exactely for and what happens when not using it.

The file replace the original bis weapons with aimpoints one, in this way:

Bis configuration

M4     ---> M4 IronSight

M4A1   ---> M4A1 IronSight

M4AIM  ---> M4 M68

M4A1SD ---> M4A1SD M68

M4GL   ---> M4 M203 Acog

M4A1GL ---> M4A1 M203 Acog

M4SPR  ---> SPR Mk12

M249   ---> M249

M24    ---> M24

M107   ---> M107

Optics configuration

M4     ---> M4A1 IronSight

M4A1   ---> M4A1 M203 IronSight

M4AIM  ---> M4A1 CQBR M68

M4A1SD ---> M4A1SD CQBR M68

M4GL   ---> M4A1 M203 Acog

M4A1GL ---> M4A1SD M203 Acog

M4SPR  ---> SPR Mk12 SD

M249   ---> MK46 Mod1 Acog

M24    ---> M24 (Modded Zoom)

M107   ---> M107(Modded Zoom)

Eotech configuration

M4     ---> M4A1 Eotech

M4A1   ---> M4A1 M203 Eotech

M4AIM  ---> M4A1 CQBR Eotech

M4A1SD ---> M4A1SD CQBR Eotech

M4GL   ---> M4A1 M203 Acog

M4A1GL ---> M4A1SD M203 Acog

M4SPR  ---> SPR Mk12 SD

M249   ---> MK46 Mod1 Eotech

M24    ---> M24 (Modded Zoom)

M107   ---> M107(Modded Zoom)

You have to choose one configuration and delete all previous version. This can be found in the readme.

When you do not use the replace file, an M249 will have an ironsight and be black. bis weapons will remain bis weapons.

The replacement file isn't a "necessary" file. It is used only under a condition. This condition is that you do not have access to aimpoint ammocrate in a mission.

This condition will happen everytime the mission creator do not use aimpoint ammocrate in the editor (es: a warefare mission).

ADW12.jpg

The new M4's are fabulous, oustanding pieces of work, i once again congratulate and thank everyone involved in the ADW pack smile_o.gif .

There is something wrong with eotech model. When entering cargo position in humvee for example.

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/7200/a1he8.th.jpg

Maybe there is something wrong with cargo view LOD?

It's necessary to make the eotech and aimpoint parallax effects work. I don't think it's possible to manipulate the alpha-texture bug in a way that'll only hide the red-dot of the sight, without obscuring other game objects.

You either have to put up with this alpha-texture bug in vehicle cargos, modify the game so weapons are hidden when in sat cargo view (IIRC this is what Switzerland Mod did), or create aimpoints and eotechs that are just flat texture panels and don't behave realistically (like the standard BIS aimpoint). Personally I prefer having the sights work properly; but it is a shame that we have to create that bug in order to do it.

Anyhow, great work aimpoint; should go really well with Jonny's SF models when they're released. These are easily the coolest weapons made for ArmA, and I'm pleased you went for sights with the parallax effect. I too would appreciate some non-desert ones (not woodland, just unpainted) but I respect the fact that you don't plan to make them.

The file replace the original bis weapons with aimpoints one, in this way:

Bis configuration

Optics configuration

Eotech configuration

You have to choose one configuration and delete all previous version. This can be found in the readme.

When you do not use the replace file, an M249 will have an ironsight and be black. bis weapons will remain bis weapons.

The replacement file isn't a "necessary" file. It is used only under a condition. This condition is that you do not have access to aimpoint ammocrate in a mission.

This condition will happen everytime the mission creator do not use aimpoint ammocrate in the editor (es: a warefare mission).

Like i said already i removed the Optics configuration .pbo and now the Eotech on the SAW works, i can directely spawn with it or take it from the default ammo crates in any mission (vanilla/custom) or buy it in Warfare mode. (I did put all 3 replacementfiles in the AimPoint folder at first, then just removed the optics one.)

I've checked both readmes and i could not find anything mentioned about using just one of the replacement files. So you suggest using just one of the 3 files from the replacement folder?

The replacement readme that came along with the version i've downloaded from armaholic:

Quote[/b] ]Bis configuration

Optics configuration

Eotech configuration

Known addons incompatibility with Optics configuration and Eotech configuration:

NWD Ballistics config cause SPR Mk12 SD to take 20Rnd_556x45_Stanag instead of 30Rnd_556x45_StanagSD.

BPA Realsound cause M4A1SD CQBR to have an M203, (BPAreal_cfg: "M4A1SD:M4A1" instead of "M4A1SD:M4AIM").

No problem found without addOns.

Please report any bug at:

SoLo

Thank you guys..really thank you all  smile_o.gif

Glad you like them.

Now I must go  goodnight.gif

No sleep keep working!, but seriously great job

Yes you can only have one replacement in an AddOns folder at any one time. I didn't check the readme but it's usually the case with replacements. Just make sure only 1 of the replacement files is active and it should work just fine.

Once again, you did a fine job AimPoint. These are so well replicated it's disgusting. Well done sir.

but it is a shame that we have to create that bug in order to do it.

Yeah true confused_o.gif

Anyway I'm working on update,for try to fix the existing bugs,I will do my best to avoid that weird alpha channel problem..lest hope!! and maybe adding a little bonus surprise for you. smile_o.gif

stay tuned guys.

Thank you

Well, adding a note to use only one of the replacement files to the readme, should at least fix the broken Mk46 Eotech reticule bug. wink_o.gif

Now looking forward to the next release and the possible surprise. Keep up the outstanding work.

I've checked both readmes and i could not find anything mentioned about using just one of the replacement files. So you suggest using just one of the 3 files from the replacement folder?

You are right on this.

I didn't wrote anywhere that you have to use one at time.

For me it was obvious, as all replacement works like that.

So yes, I suggest you use one at time.

Does these use default BIS recoils?

OK I want to report a little bug here, when using the Eotech replacement files and picking it up from a crate, the SPR Mk12 SD doesn't sound SD... Haven't checked the other replacements yet though...

Regards,

I just love the eotech sights! Thanks so much for this great resource.

At first I thought it wasn't working, then I realized I spelled the mod name wrong in my command line. wow_o.gif

OK I want to report a little bug here, when using the Eotech replacement files and picking it up from a crate, the SPR Mk12 SD doesn't sound SD... Haven't checked the other replacements yet though...

Regards,

Noticed.

Thank you.

wink_o.gif

AimPoint, thanks for this, I'm loving it mate. I really like the fact that you added different 50 amo types, now I can stop them vehicles dead on without killing anybody.