Sign in to follow this  
AimPoint

AimPoint Desert Weapons 1.3

Aimpoint and Eotech atleast gives this wierd "see thru everything"-tube when jumping in backseat of any vehicle.

aim.jpg

(no replacement pack used)

seems like this pack somehow skidded below my radar. saw it the first time today as .jonny made it an requirement it in his new spec ops pack. it looks quite good. i particulary like that it's nwd compatible.

@dren: that's a typical side effect of 'working' solus type aimpoints. afaik there's no workaround for it yet.

these weapons remind me of my baby

Colt M4A1 SN W237782, SI ACOG, PEQ15, SUREFIRE, CUSTOM CHARGING HANDLE, AND 10,000 dollar insane army issue prism laser, as well. (originally had a harris bipod although towards the end i removed it due to uselessness)

http://www.facebook.com/photo.p....1380048

@Olemissrebel: I'm not speaking in name of Aimpoint, but as Aimpoint more or less knows your kit could be made as i have the Surefire M951 and Insight Peq15 modeled and he is free to use it, same for some other stuff (surefire M900, TangoDown bipod....). But sadly for ArmA it is all eyecandy.

PS: Check your PMs regarding the request of reference picture of the ATPIAL (using DEMO reference pictures atm sad_o.gif).

@Aimpoint: Any change of giving the RIS cover panels a heavy wear-tear camo job? Imho they break the model a bit.

Also, correct me if wrong, but i miss an Eotech/M203 and/or SD version. Beside that, my dream weapon pack as you know inlove.gif .

rail covers are rarely used, at least speaking for myself and my guys, we didn't use them. if you had an ACOG, you were issued a grip-pod, everyone in the squad had an m68 that sat un-used in the wall locker, ACOGs (the new kind, not the old ARMA variety) were used, as were trijicon reflex, and EOTECH. weapons were painted with standard humvee spray paint. for future reference, i'd use the ACOGs that BIS put on the m16a4's, as those are the one's we had on my most recent deployment, not the ancient one on the M4M203, also, the reticle is completely different, as is shown in picture. and for dasquade, until i get my external HD, those are all of the pictures i could find regarding the PEQ15.

olemissrebel, those are some fantastic shots. Thanks!

guys, click my BI forum 'profile' to see a good picture of my weapon (not of me, obviously) you can see it before the paint wore off, after about a month of use.   SUREFIRE, PEQ15, TA31 (dont remember the exact TA number) ACOG, HARRIS BIPOD,  and standard issue knights armament foregrip. we also have suppressors, however we rarely used them, as they are old, and huge.  any chances of ever seeing my pretty piece in game?    

basically every infantryman will have this on his weapon, peq15, peq2, or peq4, surefire mounted to the right, and a hodge poge of optics.  if your unit sucks, you'll have two acogs per squad, the squad leader, and DM.  if your unit is good, you'll all have CCO's that you don't use, and everyone will have an acog mounted.   We were also issued trijicon reflex sights although we rarely used them (although i'd rather use it than a CCO, as it doesnt require batteries)   a few of us, myself included, purchased EOTECHs, and used those with success, although most prefer the ACOG.   all were issued the standard knights armament foregrip, as well as a grip-pod

anyways, these weapons are looky pretty good, just remember, for them to be functional in todays combat environment, a light and IR laser is needed, even on sniper weapons (i had a rail on our M24 with a peq15)  also, the BIS modeled PEQ2 IR lasers would be awesome on the SAWS, as well as a flashlight.   i'm not sure if anyone has made a short barrel/collapsable m4-type buttstock SAW, with rail system, but it'd be nice.  only POGUES, and rear echelon mother fuckers carried those long barreled saws in iraq. also, a lot of saw gunners removed the bipod, and put their issued grip-pod on.

Man that saw with the eotech is sick man, I have got to figure out how to impliment these weapons into a warfare mod.

Good day Sir,

First of all I really like this Addon it is a very nice addition with Jonny´s SF Units and I really like to use this addon in Combination with the Replacements it really is nice show to play evo with this. I basicly miss just one variant within this Pack and maybe you considere in doin this in a future version. Basicly it is the M249 SAW SD Eotech I guess that would be a great addition for missions where stealth and Combat Power is a factor. So like said would be nice to have maybe in an future version but until then like said above really a nice pack of weapons!! Keep Up the Great Work.

Kind Regards

but it is a shame that we have to create that bug in order to do it.

Yeah true confused_o.gif

Anyway I'm working on update,for try to fix the existing bugs,I will do my best to avoid that weird alpha channel problem..lest hope!! and maybe adding a little bonus surprise for you. smile_o.gif

stay tuned guys.

Thank you

Hi, as others here I only recently tested this weaponpack because of Jonnys new SF units. While playing around a bit I was suddenly stunned when I realized that the eotech sights actually work. That is, because they normally look like this for me if they do:

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/1268/arma2008072118081926ju1.jpg

As it seems to be, all ATI cards since the 2000s series have got an alpha-bug-bug. I don't know about the new 4000s, but as they still use the same architecture I would think they got it too.

Your weapons are the first that work properly for me, but have that problem inside the cargo. Interesting enough, the 6th Sense pack pictured above has no problems inside vehicles for me. Anyway, I talked to Freshman about this and he told me Solus found a rather simple solution: Place the tube not directly in front of the optics but so far away, that it is outside the vehicle. That way it will not be as obvious to the player.

Sorry for delay,I was out of city for weekend.

@DaSquade

Hi mate nice to see you,for rails cover shouldn't be a problem give them some paint and about M203/Eotech there one in the pack,not SD version though,but I could easily add it for your pleasure. smile_o.gif

@olemissrebel

Thanks for imputs,DaSquade modelled some very nice things to add,but as he say it's all eyecandy,plus you need to keep the poly count low as possible,a couple of extra things means at least 1.5/2k more.

I was tempted to use his M900 Surefire grip on rifles,which looks so cool,but you know how the soldiers hold weapons in Arma and after some ingame test my balls falls down confused_o.gif

@$cruffy

I already tried in that way,but the results don't make me happy at all specially with the Eotech.

Unfortunately seem there not way to fix that alpha but in cargo view...very frustrating.

Anyway the progress goes very slow lately cause lacking of time,but don't worry I wont forget about you.

Happy holidays all.

...and about M203/Eotech there one in the pack,not SD version though,but I could easily add it for your pleasure. smile_o.gif

yea, do it; that would be cool. I like the SPR Mk12 SD, its my fav.

@$cruffy

I already tried in that way,but the results don't make me happy at all specially with the Eotech.

Unfortunately seem there not way to fix that alpha but in cargo view...very frustrating.

Anyway the progress goes very slow lately cause lacking of time,but don't worry I wont forget about you.

Happy holidays all.

Ah, too bad it doesn't work as good as it sounded. But I rather have that bug inside vehicles than always seeing the crosshair due to my graphics card. Thanks for the answers smile_o.gif

Hey sorry for digging the thread up again, but I don't want to clog the forum with unnecessary threads, and since this pertains to these weapons I mind as well post here, heh.

Anyways, I noticed when using the eotech replacement pbo, I get the following:

Aimpoint_repl_bug.jpg

I was wondering if this was common? If it is, then that's no big deal and I can tolerate it, but if it's something else that I might be able to correct, that would be cool too. Just wanted to know if anyone else gets that and if so how come. It's just when using the replacement pbo and not the weapons addon itself. by itself, the weapons work wonderfully without that graphics glitch.

By the way, I love the M249 w/ eotech....I squealed with glee when I saw it.

Oh and one more thing, I was wondering if in time down the road you would consider releasing these but in the normal black instead of the desert camo look? I'd love to use the Eotech stuff with other soldiers but the paint scheme sorta throws things off a little bit. Just thought I'd take a wild stab in the dark and ask. smile_o.gif

I'm fairly certain that this bug is normal if your using the weapon with the eotech sight.

This is like probably the best weapons addon i've ever used. Congrats on the great work aimpoint ! Anyways i was just wonder if your working on the addon to add some new stuff and if you are i kinda have some suggestions. Now i know that you have a long and CQB barrel versions of the M4A1 and they have sights like the M68, eotech and regular M4 sights, but i was wondering if you could make a CQB, long barreled and silenced version of the M4A1 with an acog scope. My second idea is that for M4A1's that don't have a M203 on them, if you could add folded bipods on them. I kinda got the idea from america's army cause one of the attachments you can have in the M4A1 are bipods. My last idea is if you could add a new camo on them. I was thinking maybe you should go digital this time ? like woodland marpat or desert.

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=5102

the link i posted is a thread with people showing off there painted M4's. if you look more into the forum you can see people with there custom M4's.

anyways i hope maybe you could consider some of these idea's into your next update !

Hey sorry for digging the thread up again, but I don't want to clog the forum with unnecessary threads, and since this pertains to these weapons I mind as well post here, heh.

Anyways, I noticed when using the eotech replacement pbo, I get the following:

Aimpoint_repl_bug.jpg

I was wondering if this was common? If it is, then that's no big deal and I can tolerate it, but if it's something else that I might be able to correct, that would be cool too. Just wanted to know if anyone else gets that and if so how come. It's just when using the replacement pbo and not the weapons addon itself. by itself, the weapons work wonderfully without that graphics glitch.

Seeing the same here with all weapons apart from M107, M24 & SPR Mk12 even without replacement packs installed.

It seems to be an invisible M107 (same size anyways but not shape)

Does anybody have a fix for this ?

Regards

WOPPA

I don't think there's a fix but this has been discussed much through out this thread. Someone may have offered something somewhere in here.

Well, it works. Just the cone is too long. Just make it shorter, closer to the front sights. It will effect the look of the optics, its not waving that much when you move. But you can be happy in your vehicles again.

Perfect optics vs compatible addon always a decision you need to make.

UPDATE

After long time I decided to release the updated version of my pack,as always check THE FIRST PAGE for more info and something more. :)

One way to say good bye Arma ..have fun.

Awesome update. Look forward to trying these out. Thanks for all your hard work!