Sign in to follow this  
Inkompetent

Real M136 v1.0

can you carry two of these IRL ?? because it seems a little heavy for 1 man...

can you carry two of these IRL ?? because it seems a little heavy for 1 man...

Of course you can carry, it weights only 7kg..

Looking forward to update. smile_o.gif

I can add one more update now, and that's that I've finally managed to properly debug the action menu system and learned much more smooth ways to make it more generic and modifiable.

However I'm quite busy with ACE at the moment, but I'm working on Real M136 2.0 to and from, so it is progressing.

As extra candy there will be three different AT-4s (no you are not so lucky you get the AT-4 CS or AST just yet). You'll find there isn't only the standard HEAT warhead AT-4, but also HEDP (High Explosive Dual Purpose) and HP (High Penetration) ones too.

I can add one more update now, and that's that I've finally managed to properly debug the action menu system and learned much more smooth ways to make it more generic and modifiable.

However I'm quite busy with ACE at the moment, but I'm working on Real M136 2.0 to and from, so it is progressing.

As extra candy there will be three different AT-4s (no you are not so lucky you get the AT-4 CS or AST just yet). You'll find there isn't only the standard HEAT warhead AT-4, but also HEDP (High Explosive Dual Purpose) and HP (High Penetration) ones too.

Amazing Inkompentent, you never cease to amaze me, I absolutely love your work in this addon, in glad to hear the news. smile_o.gif

Way to go, Inkompetent! It's impressive to see how much effort you put in this! Hope the multiplayer part will work one day - shame BIS didn't make a proper M136 from the start - good to see there's people like you - and with some neat ideas, too :-)

Keep it up and thank you! thumbs-up.gif

The more generic version I'm struggling with won't be fully multiplayer-compatible (in terms of using it at a server which doesn't have the addon) I'm afraid, but I could always make a "light" and a full version of it. Depends on how I figure the light one will have to be made and if it works to my satisfaction if that one will come into existence though.

More work on the AT-4 front. I've gotten a disposable launcher, extra tubes that you can put from inventory to on your back (with safety check so you don't lose any), all sorts of stuff.

I'll definitely get some sight adjustment in there too so you don't have to obscure the target with the sight just to hit it.

Great addon, another step for more realistic arma. thumbs-up.gif

I wanted to ask you for something. Could you make a script that drop used magz on ground?

Example:

I shoot 15 bullets(there are 15 left) I reload, Mag with 15 fall on ground and now I have new with 30. The mag with 15 left on ground is now [5,56x45 Stanag (Used)].

It would be master script for people like me who use TrueUI(Cant see amount of bullets in mag)

Thanks anyway

Cheers,

Vultar

Well in ArmA when you reload an M16 your character does not drop the magazine onto the ground, he returns it to his inventory. Your inventory magazines are always sorted by amount of ammo, from most to least.

It sounds like you'd like to be able to see how many bullets are in a mag by looking at the gear screen somehow.

I might be talking bollocks here, but I don't think mags are thrown away, that'd be just wasteful. I think procedure dictates that empty mags are to be stored, the are not simply chucked away. They can be reused, so from this point of view I see no reason why would anybody want to throw them away. Dropping them on the ground can also cause dirt to get into the mag, empty or full, causing problems.

But I'm just talking straight out of my ass.

Ok yeah, my fault. But it would look great with andy_mags ; p

Then, anyone can write script to see how many bullets are left in mag? Realism at first step always ;p