Sign in to follow this  
smiley nick

FMV’s possible for arma?

Hello all

I’m not sure this is the correct place to post this, but it does fall under mission editing to some extent.

I am really just checking to see if anyone knows if its possible to play external media or FMVs "in game" for cut-scenes and to help story telling for more emotional shots for characters and more dramatic demanding scenes that the engine cant do.

Thank everyone!

smile_o.gif

To play videos in game is only possible by splitting the video into its frames. Then you can use a RscPicture control and a script plays all the frames via ctrlSetText.

To play videos in game is only possible by splitting the video into its frames. Then you can use a RscPicture control and a script plays all the frames via ctrlSetText.

WoW thats gonna be some huge file with all them pics and the script too. :S

Script can be a very very simple loop that increases a number until a given end, as long as the pics are numbered accordingly, nothing special or big about it. The pics on the other hand can take quite some mb's depending on size and quality.

As ArmA has some ingame videos aswell, are ppl sure there is no way to access that video system?

As ArmA has some ingame videos aswell, are ppl sure there is no way to access that video system?

I'm not sure you're right about that, where have you seen videos in ArmA?

hes on about the mission select in the campaign but thats just a dialog with a camera running behind it.

Does anyone know of a good free tool that can split the video up into its frames? I knew one ages ago (not sure it was free though) but I can't remember it now.

Does anyone know of a good free tool that can split the video up into its frames? I knew one ages ago (not sure it was free though) but I can't remember it now.

VirtualDub

smile_o.gif

About the movies ingame, I never played the campaign, but I remembered seeing pictures of newsreporters in a video and as such assumed there was a possibility for videos, I guess I was wrong? smile_o.gif

VirtualDub

smile_o.gif

Thanks. I already had it installed, just hardly used it so I didn't know it could do that biggrin_o.gif