Sign in to follow this  
opteryx

Manipulated Terrain in Buldozer not Saved

Basically what the title says, I form some terrain with the "U" "J" buttons, save, exit and restart V3+Buldozer, but the terrain I manipulated is as it was before I touched it, why?

Not only that, it seems height changes in Buldozer do not affect the heightmap at all in V3. If you just close then open, or reload buldozer, you lose all changes.

The "export terrain into picture" tool seems to export Visitor's heightmap rather than buldozer's sad_o.gif

Aww, well I really hope this is a bug with the release candidate and not the complete program. confused_o.gif

No worries! This issue was found by ourselves and fixed few days after RC was released. I probably mentioned this already (I recall someone asking in Visitor Tutorial thread wink_o.gif ).

No Snap Objects in Visitor3 RC3. I can't position my objects side by side without this, they are always gapping.

Anybody else without this function?sad_o.gif

buldozernk7.th.jpg

No Snap Objects in Visitor3 RC3. I can't position my objects side by side without this, they are always gapping.

Anybody else without this function?sad_o.gif

http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/5305/buldozernk7.th.jpg[/img]

Doesn't look like you're using the newest tools release, there you'll have a box like thing which you can interact with object by clicking and moving them around more precisely. While in Buldozer, press F1 and go into controls, buldozer controls to see how to navigate/interact with objects/terrain.

Snapping points are deleted from Memory LOD during binarization. I am sorry, but you cannot snap binarized models from unpacked PBOs. However, I would use manipulation in Buldozer and SetAbsoluteHeight script to level the pier models.

Snapping points are deleted from Memory LOD during binarization. I am sorry, but you cannot snap binarized models from unpacked PBOs. However, I would use manipulation in Buldozer and SetAbsoluteHeight script to level the pier models.

Edge thanks for clarifying this with snapping, also I was wondered why there is no snap object option in visitor rc3.

I'm pretty sure I'm using latest Opteryx.

No gizmo [pointer box] at all, I tried with older versions of visitor and it doesn't show up. I configured -buldozer -window -addons=ArmaAddons.txt & my pbo-s are extracted at working drive "x:\ca\".

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">addons[] =

{

"ca\", "ca\data\", "ca\UI\", "ca\UIFonts\"

};

EDIT:

Got it finally wiped whole Arma Work folder and reinstalled.

Thanks everyone for support.

yay.gif

I configured -buldozer -window -addons=ArmaAddons.txt & my pbo-s are extracted at working drive "x:\ca\".

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">addons[] =

{

"ca\", "ca\data\", "ca\UI\", "ca\UIFonts\"

};

I let the rc3 do default install and setup(which was p:\ drive on my rig). I didnt create an ArmaAddons.txt file or extract the data, ui or ui fonts pbo's.

RC3 sets the gizmo up on its own. It also installs the working roads, so be careful not to replace them with the ones from the pbo.

It also installs the working roads, so be careful not to replace them with the ones from the pbo.

Hmm did't know that thanks for info.