Sign in to follow this  
Operative47

Physical memory dump error

Hello,

I'm having a problem with my OF Gold Edition 1.3.

Every time I play the game no matter how high or low my settings I get this blue screen that after about 10min starts dumping my physical memory. I have absolutely no idea why this is happening or how to fix it, so can u guy plz help me so that I can start playing this awesome game.

1003512xx6.jpg

SPECS:

-Windows XP SP2

-ASUS A7N8X mobo

-AMD Athlon XP 2000+ 1.66 GHz

-RADEON 9250 128mb

-512MB DDR RAM PC2100

-Creative Labs SB Live! Sound card (Driver 5.12.2.252)

-16x DVD-RW DL Burner

-80GB & 120GB 7200rpm Samsung Hard drives

-Optiquest Q19wb 19" 1440x900

-Mid Tower case w/400W Power Supply

Let's start by doing a simple Google search for "ctaud2k.sys".

What do we get.

"Creative WDM Audio Device Driver"

Based on this very quick search & read a couple of words, I will say that your problem is likely related to your soundcard or to its driver.

What could you try to fix it.

- Try another version of the soundcard driver, for example the latest available or some other version if that doesn't work.

- Remove the soundcard from your computer and see if this problem goes away. Then you know for sure the problem is related to your soundcard.

- If you have an integrated sound chip on your motherboard, then use that if you can't get the soundcard to work with this game with any driver version.

Ur right it was my sound card. I switched to mobo audio add the problem has now went away.ty! I'm gonna try installing 1.46, hopefully I wont get anymore problems.