Sign in to follow this  
johnnyboy

Last Tango in Bangango

Last Tango in Bangango

last_tango.jpg

My new single player mission Last Tango in Bagango has been released and officially reviewed over at OFPEC site:

http://www.ofpec.com/mission....&cat=sp

Officially reviewed at OFPEC:  Score 8 out of 10

Here's some comments from the beta testers:

* "Wonderful intro! I loved it!" - Bardosy

* "very exciting mission: varied with unexpected episodes and action-packed!" - 101

* "da outro is just magnificent!"  and "som of da best urban fighting i ever did" - LCD

* "Outro: Even more enjoyable than the intro, with good camera angles and of course a thrilling scene." - Cheetah

* "intro: up there with the best...nice camera  work " - Shark Attack

* "great hilarious humor touch, excellent voice acting and scripting, much action" - mathias_eichinger  

* "Excellent mission. I enjoyed playing it." - firecontrol

* "The idea of the short and long pants is absolutely brilliant." - Gielovic

* "The outro was very funny. Nice ideas and camera tricks. How did Cojones get on top of the traffic pole?" - Rellikki

* "i about split my pants when i heard the rebels called "Los Pantalones" etc.  Hilarious."  - LeeHunt

* "Intro: Loved it. Lots of humour and good solid camerawork."  - DarkAngel

* "great mission. its quick and has lots of dynamic elements. good voice acting and the humor is what makes this one stand out." - smoke52

Ok, enough shameless self promotion already... :)

I encourage you to hop on over to ofpec and download it:

http://www.ofpec.com/mission....&cat=sp

Please post any feedback here or over at OFPEC.

Long live Arma, OFP, and ARMA2!

- johnnyboy out

* "da outro is just magnificent!"  and "som of da best urban fighting i ever did" - LCD

download dis.... start playing... laugh 10 mins after u watch da intro... when u calm down play da mision... enjoy ur next 45 mins... nd then laugh another 30 mins after u watch da outro  rofl.gif

dis is not recommended... dis is a most have  notworthy.gif

LCD OUT

Hahaha, poor El Cojon - marvellous biggrin_o.gif

You just have to play this mission, if only to know how he got his name - that may even be the part I enjoyed most wink_o.gif

Anyway, as written before, the mission scored an 8 at OFPEC.

An absolute classic just for the voice acting alone! I was cracking up just listening to this stuff and it never lets up!

Ugol, Wolfbics, xxbbcc:  Thanks for playing it you guys, and taking the time to post!

And thanks to the rest of you too!

Keep the feedback coming...good or bad.  That's how I'll know how to improve things in my next mission....

Well done Johnny boy, well done.  This is high quality, with a wonderful touch of humor.

Thanks for a top notch SP mission experience, keep up the good work...we need it!

I have nothing bad to say but I hope you will take your skills and expand on them to a create a larger scenario in new missions. And a campaign based on this story line would be a dream! rofl.gif

This missions should be in official game on first. Nice to see such of different mission in arma.

Hilarious, I recommend it.

The outro is a little, uhm, rude. rofl.gif

Overall a good mission with a lot of action, and some humor touches.

You should add some AT soldiers tho, I was able to run over a lot of enemy soldiers with the ambulance and only the m113's mg stopped me.

Good job amigo!

Sc@tterbrain: Thanks man! I am now working on a more ambitious mission. But it will take months, as I don't have any time to work on it...

mrj-fin: I too was very disappointed in the campaign. Hopefully they will redeem themselves with Queen's Gambit. Glad you enjoyed this. I'd give my left nut to get paid for writing missions! wink_o.gif

johnnie_walkerz: Gracias dude. You're right about the ambulances. I meant to lock them, then forgot. Maybe I should have put an M rating on the outro, LOL.

All you guys: I really appreciate you taking the time to post about the mission. It motivates me to work on the sequel: "El Cojon Restored" smile_o.gif

Thanks I enjoyed this very much.  Had alittle trouble with El Cojon(7) not listening to orders at the start (would just stand there) but after seeing the outro, I kinda understand why his mind was not all there  rofl.gif

*spoilers*

Was really great urban combat also and was a bit different with having to check which guys had shorts on and which didn't before shooting   smile_o.gif.  Also I appreciated how you put M113s at all the sites as a clue, otherwise I think it might of taken me half an hour extra searching (with all the things dead) to find the fuel site(didn't save the brother:)).  Was a very well put together mission and I look forward to the next one, should it be made  xmas_o.gif

This is a cool mission, ill be playing it over and over

rofl.gif

From all the comments I was expecting a funny mission, but I didn't find it hilarious. It's well made and a good mission nevertheless, I wish my team mates would have been a little more intelligent though.

@Wika-Woo: Thanks M8. Glad you're enjoying this.

@Celery: I'm glad you appreciated the mission, even if the humour wasn't to your taste. Not much I can do about friendly AI I'm afraid (arma limitation for now).

Much thanks to both of you for taking the time to post your thoughts, and trying the mission!