Sign in to follow this  
m4r1ne

Insurgent Idea

concerning weapons, a lot of addons already exists. wink_o.gif

you just have to change settings in order to give them the ones that you want.

G3's?huh.gif?huh.gif?

No offense but I've never seen a G-3 used in Iraq aside from a few Mercs using them. That is a rare weapon in Iraq. The only civil war I've seen in which they're used in large amounts is in Darfur, Sudan by rebel forces. Apparently some Christian fundies saw fit to hook them up with G-3's provided by friendly neighborhood South African arms dealers.

But in Iraq? No... that is a very very very rare weapon in Iraq. The most common are AK-47's, AKM's, RPK's, SVD's, PK/PKM's, an an occasional RPD and SKS (along with a few modified AK's with scopes). That is not including the RPG-7, RPG7VR, and now occasionally the RPG-29 and a few other RPG series. The AGS-17 30mm automatic grenade launcher also occasionaly turns up but thankfully has only rarely been used much against US troops. (Thats a truly deadly weapon system).

Also, as m4r1ne stated earlier, a good portion of their weapons are Iranian made. A few Iranian made copies of the HK MG-3 and G-3 occasionally show up with Shi'a militias, but that is very rare.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Misccaparms.jpg

Rare, but not unused. There is a enemy of the united states that uses that rifle, and there is a good chance some of the rifles are slipping through.

As for those vests, those are not insurgents, they are hezbolah. They are an organization.

Take a look here, not many insurgents do this...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v245/haoung/07hezbollah.jpg

Also, as m4r1ne stated earlier, a good portion of their weapons are Iranian made.  

That is why we should simply take out Iran before they do somthing stupid.

But Hypno Toad, I guess you can make a trailer if you want..

Yackie, those Insurgents look good. But.. i havent been to Iraq, and I dont know much. But how often do insurgents all have bullet proof vests and binoculars? lol. They look good tho!  

And are you asking if we can work together?? Cause that is a deffinate yes  smile_o.gif . But if you are just posting pictures, not wanting to contribue or work side by side... then please, start your own thread.

VXR, that Insurgent Jeep is sexy too! Keep that stuff up! smile_o.gif

To everyone, I am very happy in the direction this is going! I think it is AWESOME how we have a peice of the comunnity pitching in!

Thanks for the support everyone!  thumbs-up.gif   biggrin_o.gif

*EDIT*

I am not saying I agree with Hezbollah what so ever. But please, do not call then "insurgents", or "terroirsts". They are doing what they think is religously justified.

No offense to ANYONE.

Got a little more...

Jersey barriers

Concrete barrier texture example

Hope to have more variations for the barriers soon, some arab texts etc.

Quicky mapped it together with the basic concrete

Will make some different looking concrete blocks so every block wont look the same.

Those new insurgent heads, combined with the other retexe's from m4rine and that jeep + other models would be so bad ass. At this point I don't even think this is a placeholder insurgent mod, it is a full mod. Finish soon biggrin_o.gif

If I make a trailer I guess it will not just be fake insurgent propaganda, because that tends to get bad ratings confused_o.gif

Good news. Our configer Olson.

Got RHS weapons in. And he is currently configing new clothes that whitman has made.

Other then that. Remember that you can always put in weapons in the unit's init. To give them what you want.

Hey YacieK and VXR want to work with us? Try and get this released in a package?

OH MY GOD!! VXRR! AHHHH!!!!

lol, I have been waiting for cement barriers to come out. that will be SOOO boner if you make those. I cant wait!  tounge2.gif

Glad to have you working beside us VXR!  thumbs-up.gif

Also, as m4r1ne stated earlier, a good portion of their weapons are Iranian made.  

That is why we should simply take out Iran before they do somthing stupid.

But Hypno Toad, I guess you can make a trailer if you want..

Yackie, those Insurgents look good. But.. i havent been to Iraq, and I dont know much. But how often do insurgents all have bullet proof vests and binoculars? lol. They look good tho!  

And are you asking if we can work together?? Cause that is a deffinate yes  smile_o.gif . But if you are just posting pictures, not wanting to contribue or work side by side... then please, start your own thread.

To everyone, I am very happy in the direction this is going! I think it is AWESOME how we have a peice of the comunnity pitching in!

Thanks for the support everyone!  thumbs-up.gif   biggrin_o.gif

*EDIT*

I am not saying I agree with Hezbollah what so ever. But please, do not call then "insurgents", or "terroirsts". They are doing what they think is religously justified.

No offense to ANYONE.

Actually, quite a few insurgents use body armor and binoculars in Iraq. Alot of the body armor they get from corrupt government forces and from corrupt Iraqi government officials themselves. Other stuff they just bring in from Syria and other neighboring countries. Bincoulars on the other hand are extremely easy to get ahold of.

So yeah, while not all insurgents in Iraq (or even most) use body armor, the smarter ones at least do use it.

As for terrorists/insurgents, Hezbollah, or at least certain Hezbollah commanders and units are terrorists in that they intentionally target women and children. Not all Hezbollah units do this and not all their leadership believes in that.

Why? Because there is plenty in their religion that prohibits the killing of innocent lives (especially women and children).

Those who believe they are doing such terrorism for the sake of Allah are just sadly mislead or interpret the Qu'ran without historical context and the study of Qu'ranic scholars and how their religion has been interpreted throughout history.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

G3's?huh.gif?huh.gif?

No offense but I've never seen a G-3 used in Iraq aside from a few Mercs using them. That is a rare weapon in Iraq. The only civil war I've seen in which they're used in large amounts is in Darfur, Sudan by rebel forces. Apparently some Christian fundies saw fit to hook them up with G-3's provided by friendly neighborhood South African arms dealers.

But in Iraq? No... that is a very very very rare weapon in Iraq. The most common are AK-47's, AKM's, RPK's, SVD's, PK/PKM's, an an occasional RPD and SKS (along with a few modified AK's with scopes). That is not including the RPG-7, RPG7VR, and now occasionally the RPG-29 and a few other RPG series. The AGS-17 30mm automatic grenade launcher also occasionaly turns up but thankfully has only rarely been used much against US troops. (Thats a truly deadly weapon system).

Also, as m4r1ne stated earlier, a good portion of their weapons are Iranian made. A few Iranian made copies of the HK MG-3 and G-3 occasionally show up with Shi'a militias, but that is very rare.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Misccaparms.jpg

Rare, but not unused. There is a enemy of the united states that uses that rifle, and there is a good chance some of the rifles are slipping through.

As for those vests, those are not insurgents, they are hezbolah. They are an organization.

Take a look here, not many insurgents do this...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v245/haoung/07hezbollah.jpg

Insurgents do use vests, as evidenced by this fairly old picture (I would say from around 2004 or so):

Insurgents with vests

Shiite sniper, Najaf 2004

In that picture, they are wearing captured PASGT armor, but at this point it is possible that insurgents would have captured Iraqi police or Army vests for use. Of course, insurgents do not generally wear vests, but it is possible.

You know what everyone, ill talk to marine and killer next time they get on. I want this to be as accurate as possible. Even if the G3 or any oher gun is rare, I think it should be in the pack

The main problem I se in including a variety of weapons for the Insurgents is that we will need to make it a requirment for the insuregnts. And often makes people not want to download them. sad_o.gif

Sneak peek...

Everything is about done except getting the rest of New Unis/.p3d work finished.... I know it's blurry, but it'll give you a pretty good idea what they're gonna look like, uniforms are subject to change.

(Recieved two new unis from m4rine, threw together two more myself for pic)

80b8aed0b4.jpg

All of the pictures that I have been seeing look great. There is a lot of opinions that should be taken into account. Some insurgents do wear vests, also some wear body armor too. I personally never saw any using M-16. But when I was in Iraq, there was reports that the insurgents were taking American weapons from dead service men. I would not focus on giving them western weapons, let that be for the mission builder to decide. Good job

As far as decisions go, you need to consult m4rine and others I just do the dirty work....config, tex swapping,some texturing (few temp unis til I get more), etc..

Concerning "Vested" insurgents I'm all up for it, a few Western weapons here or there, sure...but itll only add more time til release. I spend 4 days out of 7 out of town on business, so my time is limited. If the other guys get me what I need, it's in...I personally would like to see a few more Bearded fellas minus any head garb. But we only have one bearded face so....

Can't really speak for them but I wouldnt see why a "beta" release of basic pack couldnt be later today at some point.

Being the DirtyWorker I am; the Basic Infantry (minus vested models, western weapons) is pretty much finished.

- Default BIS weapons version and RHS weapons version.

Waiting on textures for a few men, I got my p3ds on standby as we speak, mouse just hovering over HexWorkshop! biggrin_o.gif

Are those insurgents with heads made from scratch? Or reskinned facetextures?

About the weapons, I would stay at using a Ak47 and some other weapons of that type. M16's would be a bad idea as they do not show up with those weapons very often.

Maybe some improvised weapons will be great... for example a small mortar launcher that they fire with their hands instead on the ground. (seen it in a insurgent movie of Afghanistan)

I'll have some more progress of things tonight.

reskinned face textures only...

No models have been altered in these units, Im not a modeler..

But....This what we're looking for??? Just slapped a diff texture on it other than East soldier texture, so i t would look diffrent gonna mess with uniform some more tonight...

wpinsurgentteaser2if1.jpg

But....This what we're looking for???

No.

I see the picture and i think i hope for the best that you are playing arma in a low-quality-mode otherwise that will take some explaining ...

Not sure what your talking about, my game settings?? Most on Normal, and terrain on very low... What other explaining would you like me to do ??

I also meant the model not the horrible textures...texture on unit is "VERY" temp....just had to distinguish and get my placeholder ready for actual texture...when there is one...

let me set record straight right now, I signed up for config work, it's all done as far as I can take it without getting textures from the guys putting idea together and doing skins...

Some have requested a "vested" insurgent, was just showing that it is ready for insurgent pack if its approved by m4rine and they do a retexture for it.....

We could make a vested insurgent group with the pack....

Some more stuff..

Iraqi BMP2 Desert tan

Iraqi BMP2 Camo

More barriers

The grafitti on the barrier says "no bush" I'm not sure its the whole text or I only have a part of the "no bush"

The barriers will have

- 5 blocks row (4 versions: yellow stripe, red, etc.)

- 3 blocks row (")

- 1 block (")

- 1 block (red stripe with stop above, yellow/black line with stop above, plain concrete with stop and all the stripe versions with the grafitti)

- 6 blocks Curve (also 4 versions)

I might be able to find someone to create a shemagh head model, then we wont need the civil facetexture anymore.

example of Iraqi Insurgents in a vid.

Video

They wear all kinds of stuff they are able to grab.. I would keep them simple and let them wear shitty looking clothes. A group needs alot of variation by the way they look.

example of Iraqi Insurgents in a vid.

Video

They wear all kinds of stuff they are able to grab.. I would keep them simple and let them wear shitty looking clothes. A group needs alot of variation by the way they look.

Lol, I luv wtaching those videos.

Its so funny wtaching them shoot almost straight into the air, yerlling Allah U Akbar!!!!

they're dead now too. yay.gif   pistols.gif

K dont go off topic people, lol.

It's even more funny when they hang around long enough for the air, mortar, and artillery strikes to come raining down on their heads.

crazy_o.gif

Hopefully, ( well, not too hopeful- as it's just so funny when they get brutally pwned... ) the AI insurgents have the intelligence to shoot and scoot, rather than hang around and get their asses handed to them.

Mr. Hellfire is not your friend!