Sign in to follow this  
Deadeye

New ArmedAssault.info site online !!!

banner2.jpg

It was a long and painful process, but finally it's here, our new site has reached a sufficient development to be opened to our visitors!

As you can see, this version looks alot more like the OFP.info site than the first version of Armedassault.info. We didn't want to reinvent the wheel, and to build on the original site, which so many people used.

There are many similarities with OFP.info, such as a similar interface and multilanguage support, but there are also a large number of improvements. These include a new search system, addons and missions can be rated, sorted by different criterias. I.e., you can view all files released by a particular addonmaker by clicking on his name. Furthermore a download counter has been added, comments are functional and easier to manage for the team, and many more great features!

The biggest change is in the "admin" section, which will allow us to be faster in adding and sorting content, making modifications, as well as translating it for our other language portals, etc...

Download speeds should be increased too, as we've transferred them to a new server.

This new website has been made available through the work of Nano19 who made virtually all the PHP code. He worked on the ArmA-Fr.net site with SoldierIsNotHistory, of which this site is based on.

A big "Thank you!" should be giving to our leader Cervo, without his perseverance this site would not be what it is today. Also we would like to thank MarK and Hardrock, who helped us on old versions, which never have never been published, but have allowed us to determine what was necessary and what was useless or too complicated.

Head over to ArmedAssault.info and try it out.

Listed below are some of the new features added to ArmedAssault.info :

- Addon/Island section

- MP/SP and Campaign section

- Author section (every Addon/Mission/Island/Campaign author will have an own profile where every stuff released by this author is listed.)

- advanced search options (You are able to search for a specific Author, Addon/Mission/Campaign or even pbo file)

- Picture of the Week

- Game Server + Game Server query

- and many more....

Please keep in mind that not every addon released so far has been added to the Addon Database, but we are working hard to add every Addon/Mod released so far.

We are also looking for new site staff.

Needed are :

- Mission Admins (adding Missions/Campaigns to the database)

- Newsposter (Adding the latest news to our site)

- Translators (Translating news into various languages)

If you are interested please register on our forums and apply in this thread

Your ArmedAssault.info Team

looks great thumbs-up.gif

clean, simple and decent design notworthy.gif

*thumbs up*

ps: bookmarked smile_o.gif

For some reason I seem to have trouble with the Login.

In which way? Did you enter a correct e-mail adress? You need to validate your account !

If it still doesn't work, PM me and I'll try to sort it out smile_o.gif

Thx for the nice words folks !

Very nice and clean.

One question; where can I find the RSS link to check for news? smile_o.gif

For some reason I seem to have trouble with the Login.

In which way? Did you enter a correct e-mail adress? You need to validate your account !

If it still doesn't work, PM me and I'll try to sort it out smile_o.gif

Thx for the nice words folks !

It works now. I had to re-register for some reason...

Very nice and clean.

One question; where can I find the RSS link to check for news? smile_o.gif

Added to the ToDo list wink_o.gif

i was wondering when you were going to go back to the old look (been waiting for awhile too)

thanks a lot guys. i always used the ofp.info site for the newest goodness of ofp. now i'll use it for all the arma goodness thumbs-up.gifyay.gif

Update :

A RSS 2.0 Feed has been added by Cervo. You can find it on the mainpage (down left)

http://armedassault.info/rss_english_news.xml

Furthermore, we would like to welcome our new teammembers :

-Jason (english newsposter)

-leo (german translator)

-BloodOmen (Mission section admin)

-Atrax (english newsposting)

-ConnorSG1 (french translator)

-Elliot Carver (Gameserver Team)

-Qlyon (swedish section admin)

-Vinz-44 (french translator)

We are still looking for new site staff, but please do only apply if you are willing to spend some of your free time for the community.

<u>Still needed are :

- Mission Admins (adding Missions/Campaigns to the database)

- Newsposter (Adding the latest news to our site)</u>

If you are interested please register on our forums and apply in this thread, or drop me a PM over here !

ArmedAssault.info down? All I get is some weird question about if I want to download a file called "armedassault_info" instead of the website. crazy_o.gif

ArmedAssault.info down? All I get is some weird question about if I want to download a file called "armedassault_info" instead of the website. crazy_o.gif

Ditto

From OFP.Info

Quote[/b] ]We are currently experiencing an hardware problem with our main web server, probably the motherboard. The host support team has been warned about it but since it's friday evening, we probably won't have news till monday... sad_o.gif

Ahh yeh, Armed-Assault.de/net are tempory offline too.

*Chains Arma Holic to a post*

Ahh yeh, Armed-Assault.de/net are tempory offline too.

*Chains Arma Holic to a post*

rofl.gif

Better chain our server/site.

I am getting nervous............and thats no joke.

[edit]

Edited my post, I am not joking about this sad_o.gif

Downtime isn't the only problem, the site is also costing much more money than it's making.

Downtime isn't the only problem, the site is also costing much more money than it's making.

How can it make money?

the ads wink_o.gif

Some more info what has happened :

Quote[/b] ]We are currently experiencing a serious hardware problem with our main web server (probably the motherboard) that went down yesterday. After a whole night work we have achieved to migrate the website to our smaller server dedicated to host FTP files, and restored on it a site database backup from thursday.

It means:

- Downloads are deactivated

- The site might be way slower.

- There's still stuff not working like sending an email to someone.

- you might get errors on some forum functions.

- All news, forum posts created after Dec 13 2007, at 04:00 GMT+1, have been lost.

Sorry for the inconvenience folks sad_o.gif