xeno

co30 Domination! One Team

what means AI in "domination one team WEST AI"

what are the difference with non AI version ?

Erm....

One version has AI and one version doesn't.

The clue is in the title.

Quote from the first post in this thread (I know, the first post is really huge):

Quote[/b] ]

* AI: The player can recruit up to eight AI soldiers at the recruit hut at base. If you teleport or parajump all AI soldiers will get "teleported" to your position if they are in formation and not in a vehicle. You can dismiss them at the recruit hut. If you disconnect, the AI gets deleted.

The parajump feature is allways available at the flag at your base.

Contrary to the other versions you will see no respawn dialog after respawn but instead you will stand at the flag at your base.

There are no artillery operators in this version instead all players can call artillery strikes. Artillery is available every three minutes. Rescue hostages or prisoners can be done by all players.

Add:

- All players can call in an air drop

- All players can climb over obstacles

- All players can repair and refuel vehicles and load static weapons on the engineer/salvage trucks

What's even more cool... you don't have to buy AI or have a specific rank to recruit AI smile_o.gif

@WOPPA

I have no idea why this happens. Maybe you should change the x_createDrop file to setPos the vehicle (and add velocity) and then put the parachute just above the vehicle (not like it is now, the parachute gets setPosed and then the vehicle gets put under the chute). Well, to be honest, that sounds like a good idea and should finally fix it.

Xeno

Many thanks Xeno i'll try that..

learning looads from your coding hope you don't mind a few questions from time to time as i'm a reletive noob to coding missions.

1 quick question before i go and taht is how the the text colours work ?

rgb values or something ?

Regards

WOPPA

rgb values or something ?

RGB in hexdecimal (well, html colors).

Xeno

xeno , how could i disable AI attack on main base ?

edit:

Quote[/b] ]// if set to true no enemy AI will attack base and destroy bonus vehicles or whatever

d_no_sabotage = false;

very readable .sqf ;D

i wanted to ad the "place squad wayoint" marker like in evo for Domination....

the issue is it works once.... then doesnt lol..

Can anyone spot my mistake?

init.sqs

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

[] execVM "x_scripts\loop.sqf"

Loop.sqf

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

onMapSingleClick "

if ((local player) and player == leader player and _shift) then

{

deleteWaypoint [group player, 1];

_wp1 = group player addWaypoint [[0,0,0], 0];

[group player, 1] showWaypoint ""NEVER"";

[group player, 1] setWaypointStatements [""never"",""never""];

[group player, 1] setWaypointDescription ""MOVE"";

_base = ""HeliHEmpty"" createVehicleLocal _pos;

[group player, 1] setWaypointPosition [position _base, 0];

deleteVehicle _base;

group player setCurrentWaypoint [group player, 1];

hint ""Waypoint Set"";

}

";

Hey guys i would just like to put a post on here inviting anyone who wants to play this map in a semi serious manner then please join our server.

Name: ^BOB^ Killzone

IP: 193.47.83.230

Port: 2310

P/W: FUN

Version 1.14 (Until 1.15 Final)

Running ACE 1.01

Basically i've tried to run a public server, but trying to tell ppl not wast vehicles and not use the UH60's as a personal taxi service, but rather ask for lift. Is a serious pain, it is also degrading my ArmA experience. We play other coop maps aswell, but always aim to play in the same manner.

Anyway i'll end by saying thanks Xeno for this map.

i wanted to ad the "place squad wayoint" marker like in evo for Domination....

the issue is it works once.... then doesnt lol..

Can anyone spot my mistake?

init.sqs

[] execVM "x_scripts\loop.sqf"

Loop.sqf

onMapSingleClick "

{

deleteVehicle _base;

hint ""Waypoint Set"";

}

";

I think its not that u have done something wrong WLD i think its more that its EVO code. Which TBH really doesnt play well with Domi for some reason.

@Shadow.D. ^BOB^: Stop being so friendly, as it usually doesn't work anyways... Instead, when you are admin:

Hi xxx, this is admin. I am giving you 30 seconds to comply with the following order, or be kicked, no secondary warnings will be given: Get out of the vehicle NOW and start acting like a grownup!!

In Dominatrix (my modded version), I'm limiting access to certain special team vehicles. Some will always be 'locked' (getIn EH will kick out), while others (MHQ) will be locked only if there is an officer in play. The sniper team is one such team with special vehicles reserved for them only. The MH6 seems, err, popular to steal. But selecting a sniper now requires an adult player, since their only means of getting ammo is by returning to base and refilling. Even their dropped ammo crates will give them nothing. Lack of easy resources basically keeps the non serious players from taking this role, at least more than once. Similar things happen to the officers who gets less firing power and no artillery anymore, as my spotter gets that, but no AT biggrin_o.gif

---

And now a little complaint to Xeno wink_o.gif Please please please, reduce the amount of air power the enemy has (ACE version), since they are basically impossible to shoot down. Crates only gives 5 Stinger missiles (which is ok), but when you're firing 10 -20 Stingers or so without effect, I log off in anger and start up Civilization IV. You spend many minutes trying to shoot down something, only to have it replaced two minutes later (apparently). It's just too much to bare, way too much, especially on a server with few people.

Off course, equally as sad, is the fact that a Kamov *will* crash once it starts attacking something. So the *only* way to kill a Kamov is to shoot at it with rifles and wait for it to crash. It just takes much of the fun away.

It actually felt better before, when you could 'delay' an airki respawn by not taking out the pilot. Now an ejected pilot disappears into thin air once he reaches the ground.

And now a little complaint to Xeno wink_o.gif Please please please, reduce the amount of air power the enemy has (ACE version), since they are basically impossible to shoot down. Crates only gives 5 Stinger missiles (which is ok), but when you're firing 10 -20 Stingers or so without effect, I log off in anger and start up Civilization IV. You spend many minutes trying to shoot down something, only to have it replaced two minutes later (apparently). It's just too much to bare, way too much, especially on a server with few people.

Hi mate you know you can go in and edit those figures yourself:)

@wld427

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">onMapSingleClick "

{

deleteVehicle _base;

hint ""Waypoint Set"";

}

";

use this instead....works perfect for me smile_o.gif credz to KilJoy

onMapSingleClick "

{

deleteVehicle wbase;

wbase = ""HeliHEmpty"" createVehicleLocal _pos;

[group player, 1] setWaypointPosition [position wbase, 0];

hint ""Waypoint Set"";

};

if ((local player) and player == leader player and _alt) then

{

hint ""Squad waypoint cleared"";

}";

@Leeclose: I'm talking about defaults. A lot of servers are running default Domination without any internal tweaks.

We're usually playing my own Dominatrix mod (a 'little' more than init.sqf tweaking), but lately we've had some serious problems with our server and have had to resort to public servers.

Earlier the air units wasn't all that much of a problem since they would usually only attack those who provoked it, the irritation was mainly noise based. But with ACE, they are (rightfully) super agressive and will attack anything they see.

I can see several options that will help on this:

1. Wait with airki and reiforcement scripts until a detection trigger is fired. I think this kind of makes sense too. And then only do respawn as long as the radio tower is still up.

2. Way way waaay longer delay time between respawns.

3. Reduce the effectiveness of the flare/chaff system. Or have the effectiveness reduce each time it is used. Currently its near impossible to shoot down anything. Maybe ACE is increasing the armor of air units (didn't check), but unless the missile explodes practically inside the cockpit, the missile feels quite useless. This might be an ACE issue if this is the case.

4. Scale the frequency of the respawn with the number of players. Below a certain threshold there shouldn't be any. When players starts coming, the action intensifies with more air units since we're more capable of bringing them down.

If you have a Non-ACE Domination server and ACE players still keep joining it and making it unstable, how do you prevent ACE players from joining?

Thanks.

@Dogsbd

You can use verifySignatures (signed addons). It's the recommended way to block certain addons.

But it isn't mission related as users with A.C.E. can crash a server if the server doesn't use A.C.E.

Xeno

A.C.E. version needed some updates because of some changed weapon names (and some other stuff), so here is

Domination! A.C.E. version 3.25 available

This is only the A.C.E. version, you need A.C.E. 1.02.

Beside A.C.E. changes I've fixed the annoying wreck markers bug and some other bugs.

Download

Domination! 3.25 A.C.E

Enjoy!

Xeno

Need a little help here biggrin_o.gif Not really sure where to look for the answers to this as it deals with things i don't even know that control it. But simply I want to take ACE Domination 1 Team an put it on ACE_Island_Noe(Nogova) I got the folder names an got the mission to start like the others do with spawn etc, but the target cities an target side missions don't appear. I'm assuming that I saw it in the init.sqf where there were a list of target cities[[9348.73,5923.4,0],"Cayo", 210],

[[10692.9,4953.4,0],"Iguana", 250],

[[7613.23,6424.32,0],"Arcadia", 235],

[[8241.74,9016.77,0],"Chantico", 200],

[[9170.43,8309.3,0],"Somato", 230],

[[10580.1,9430.44,0],"Paraiso", 300],

[[12399,7141.23,0],"Ortego",280],

[[11452,6075.97,0],"Dolores",300],

[[13351.8,8937.45,0],"Corazol",300],

[[14470,10773.5,0],"Obregan",240],

[[13172,11319.6,0],"Mercalillo",210],

[[14232.7,12525,0],"Bagango",230],

[[17291,14213.4,0],"Masbete",180],

[[19033.5,13814.3,0],"Pita",230],

[[12538.3,15004.2,0],"Eponia",210],

[[16595.8,9357.96,0],"Everon",200],

[[9773.03,14435.7,0],"Pacamac",150],

[[7771.72,15802.1,0],"Hunapu",150],

[[10592.5,16193.8,0],"Mataredo",150],

[[12426.8,13387.6,0],"Carmen",170],

[[2895.6,2890.64,0],"Rahmadi",180](an I belive the map /set pos) with the names to call out the targets. This is where I'm lost as I don't know how to switch the name or even if thats the right loc or how an where to get the #'s that point to the target city. Is there a reference on this somewhere? Thanx an aprreciate the help.

Again an update to the A.C.E. version, sorry for that.

Domination! A.C.E. version 3.26 available

Changelog:

- Had to disable ACE_Sys_Ruck_SpawnRuckItemsOnDeath, otherwise it didn't allow the player to respawn with a rucksack (got deleted by ace_sys_ruck killed eventhandler before it was possible to save the rucksack into a player weapons array)

This is only the A.C.E. version, you need A.C.E. 1.02.

Download

Domination! 3.26 A.C.E

Enjoy!

Xeno

Bit wierd here?

All morning it's sed Xeno was the last to post-as i am interested in he's reply to 'Call911-AGE-' post but something wierd with these forums!

EDIT:-

Lol now i posted - Xeno's post has appeared! huh.gif

Yeah I noticed that last nite, had me confused. Or maybe I'm just on to much medication tounge2.gif I got my answer in the editing forumns so if a (moderator) wants to delete mine that ok. Just was'nt sure if i should've asked here or in editing section goodnight.gif It's all Xeno's fault, if'n he had'nt made such an awsome mission none of this would've ever hapend rofl.gif

ACE domi 3.26 has problem for me. no ammo box at start, and no status menu.

how can i reduce the size of enemy force ?

there is something like 6 or even 7 armored in each size mission town. we usually play 2 or 3 player. even with AI , it's damn hard...