xeno

co30 Domination! One Team

Brilliant! biggrin_o.gif Looking forward for some public server havoc smile_o.gif

Btw, what is the needed fix to get ACE vehicle destructions back? Quickly compared init setupplayer and server_funcs, but found nothing obvious.

edit; yeah, happened again. after 2 hours, loads of desynch lag and warp, cant mount vehicles etc. 2 out of the 4 players quit and after a minute, it recovered.

Might be your addons, just a guess.

I've got the same problem. Only addons I use are 1.15beta and @ACE mod.

Bugs and small stuff (ACE, FDF_Sounds, and a minor clan addon that shouldn't interfere with anything):

1. Sometimes some of the actions won't come back after respawn. These include calling for artillery (mission specific, radio was a bit on and off from my equipment) and medical attention such as inject morphine to self (ACE specific, might be caused by mission). I was trying both waiting to die and select respawn from the esc menu. If esc menu respawn is a problem, it would be nice to know.

Oh never mind. Tried it to the brink and everything has worked since. I must have made a mistake.

2. Sorry but I'm still not getting the ACE explosion effects.

Probably also wrong. Maybe it's just extremely hard getting the catastrophic kills required.

3. The weapon crate contains satchels and time bombs which appears to be the same stuff (same weight). Instead would it be possible to provide magazine ACE_BREACHING instead? Appears to have lower effect and lower weight.

4. ACE_RespawnNoChat = true; in init.cfg doesn't "seem" to work, although I'm not sure if I understand what it should do yet. I'm still able to write text to other players when downed, maybe even during respawning 20 sec timer (not sure here).

5. How about a scripted solution to one shot launchers such as M72 and M136? Made easy, simply a fired eventhandler that removes the tube when fired. This because in ACE only the tubes have weight, not the ammo. Reloadeable launchers works fine.

6. You only check against the alice version of the radio. Shouldn't also the raid version be useable for arty calling (but not enemy radios maybe)?

But again, some magnificent stuff here. Thanks for a great platform.

My problem with respaning was based on hardcoded respawndelay in description.ext set to 2 seconds for old revive version. The ACE headbug thing should be optional in case mission designer has other means of fixing it.

Xeno,

Great Mission Xeno, we really like the Two Teams Domination. Is it possible to do a TT ACE Domination?

Thanks

Small bug and a little oversight imho, for realism. Please consider adding the following to AAHALO\x_paraj.sqf:

if !("ACE_ParachutePack" in (weapons player)) exitWith {server globalChat "You need a parachute to perform HALO insertion."};

Yes, it means loosing Binocular or NVG, but hey, part of the fun smile_o.gif

Not tested in multiplayer, and in your target parajumps maybe a simple action to add a local crate containing the chute. To avoid overfilling exploit.

I'm not using field parajumps, only base parajumps for my two operators/saboteurs (perk to them).

Also, the text within the dialog doesn't make much sense anymore since ACE.

First, happy new year for all of you, especially for you Xeno.

I like to thank you again for your help.

We are runnning two versions of Domination 3.14 Chilean Mod and two versions of Domination 3.14 with RHS units and vehicles. Works fine with a lot of different addons, including some betas.

Now, we are uploading ACE mod and Domination ACE 3.15 to the server. We plan to use in combination with all of the addons I mention and inform you any problem.

Thanks.

Xeno,

First off, about the lag I mentioned a while back; you seem to be correct. We are playing 3.15 with no addons and performance doesn't degrade after the magic 2 hours. Nevertheless, I've kept my addon heavy version and will try it again when our DS gets an upgrade this week and report back. I'll also put addons back into a vanilla version one by one and see if we can nail down if one of them is causing lag.

Couple of other things. We've noticed the enemy counter-attacks seem to be much more common at the moment. What are the criteria for having a counter attack and has it been changed for 3.15?

We don't get told what out prize is for clearing main missions. We are for side missions but currently, not for mains.

Oh and before I forget.. helo drop of an artillery piece.. it landed a good 700 meters from where I requested it.

Thanks

Tanky -Paul-

Couple of other things. We've noticed the enemy counter-attacks seem to be much more common at the moment. What are the criteria for having a counter attack and has it been changed for 3.15?

The more sidemissions you do while a main target is not cleared the lower the chance for a counter attack is (and the number of enemies that will attack if there will be an attack).

We don't get told what out prize is for clearing main missions. We are for side missions but currently, not for mains.

A.C.E. or normal version ?

Oh and before I forget.. helo drop of an artillery piece.. it landed a good 700 meters from where I requested it.

Grrr... ArmA AI MP chopper behaviour kills me.

Small bug and a little oversight imho, for realism. Please consider adding the following to AAHALO\x_paraj.sqf:

if !("ACE_ParachutePack" in (weapons player)) exitWith {server globalChat "You need a parachute to perform HALO insertion."};

Hm, that means I would have to add a crate with parachutes to every flag. Am thinking about it.

Xeno

A.C.E. or normal version ?

Normal West AI. I'm not 1337 enough for ACE. smile_o.gif

I'm sure you're aware of this already, but the ACE hud switch is inoperative. Probably because the old choppers are still used. I'm using the new MG ones, but comes with the trade that new Warfare vehicles can't be lifted, such as the MHQs.

Oh well, just means some additional driving, since I was planning on few other such shortcuts to get around. Just as well maybe, the setPos bug was killing me (and everyone else in the chopper while lifting). Hmmm.. Or just change them back to the old ambulances?

I'm guessing and hoping that ACE will release a fix on this eventually.

Xeno awesome job!!

One of our server admins modified the mission to suit our taste a little more. We added some respawnable little birds along with an 1 A-10, a Harrier Bomber and another harrier with sidewinders for the jet jocks.

We are looking into adding that script that gives you the option of cutting power to the towns soon. If we are sucessful I'll let you know.

Once again, awesome job!

I'm sure you're aware of this already, but the ACE hud switch is inoperative.

Done on purpose as it interferes with the mando stuff used in A.C.E.

Probably because the old choppers are still used. I'm using the new MG ones, but comes with the trade that new Warfare vehicles can't be lifted, such as the MHQs.

The lift system is independent of the chopper or air vehicle that is used to lift something. You could even use a Harrier to lift vehicles. You have just to give the lift vehicle the correct variable name (ch1-ch4).

Xeno

--The following comment has been edited by GeneralCarver under the Joint Sahrani Home Land Security Dept. via the Domination Secrets and Best Interests Act 45692

Hey Xeno,

Great job as always. I just had a couple things.

I would like to see larger attacks at the airfield.

and also...

no matter what, don't remove the ==CENSORED== from the MHQs!!! No matter how often people will complain of UFBs ==CENSORED== over the objective city.

LOL. I dont' know if any of you figured out yet, but if you repeadly hit the ==CENSORED== , you can ==CENSORED== . lol.

I like to throw E.T. on my ==CENSORED== and take a ==CENSORED== over cities Xeno, please don't take it out.

All the best,

General

edit; yeah, happened again. after 2 hours, loads of desynch lag and warp, cant mount vehicles etc. 2 out of the 4 players quit and after a minute, it recovered.

Might be your addons, just a guess.

Just a quick update on this server load problem.

You seem to be partially right. We played a vanilla West.AI.Sara version of the game and the server slowdown problems seemed to have gone.

I've since upgraded the server from a Althlon 3200+ to a E6600 and played our addon heavy (Map CH47 + AH64, T90) clan version and after a couple of hours, there was no problems at all.

I have changed that dead body removal factor you mentioned from 30 to 10, but apparently all that did was clean the towns too quickly. At one point we had a couple of guys cut off and they needed to harvest some ruskie gear from dead SLA, but they were disappearing before my blokes could get to them.

So, all in all, I think my problems were a combination of the too things; addon overload and a weak server.

Many thanks for a great mission,

Tanky -Paul- (and teamspaff)

Really serious bug upon respawn. I lost all my controls (disableUserInput?) except changing radio channel, typing, and the ACE jump command. I couldn't get the menu up, had to shut ArmA down by force and restart.

How did it happen? I think I brought up the map while I was downed (blackouts).

Not sure if this is Domination or ACE related yet, so posting this in both places.

@CarlGustaffa

This is an ACE problem/bug. Got that in other missions too (ALT-F4 was the only solution then).

Xeno

Really serious bug upon respawn. I lost all my controls (disableUserInput?) except changing radio channel, typing, and the ACE jump command. I couldn't get the menu up, had to shut ArmA down by force and restart.

How did it happen? I think I brought up the map while I was downed (blackouts).

Not sure if this is Domination or ACE related yet, so posting this in both places.

I think that bug is ArmA related. smile_o.gif I remember having it few times in ArmA 1.14 (+sound mod) while playing Warfare.

It happened to me also while reading map and getting killed. At least one time I was creating a marker on the map when I died and had this bug.

Ah, well then it is a ArmA bug. Never encountered that problem before, happened two or three times while playing A.C.E. missions lately.

So, maybe editing a marker ingame during respawn doesn't give back control to the input handler. Seems to stay in the marker text editing routine then.

Xeno

Speaking of ArmA bugs. Here is a workaround that might help on those dreadful lift crashes. It only moves the lifted vehicle further back depending on speed, so when the setPos bugs and we're going over 50, the lifted vehicle will appear safely behind the lift chopper. Obviously it won't fix all cases of lift crashes when the speed is low, but most of these seem to occur when there is some speed involved. Plenty of these buildings that causes this bug in Corazol. But I think BIS should fix this, not us coming up with crazy workarounds for something that nasty.

Add "_voffset" to private statement. Quick and dirty fix below, x_helilift.sqf (and will add to x_helilift_wreck.sqf as well):

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

while {true} do {

_vup = vectorUp _vehicle;

_vdir = vectorDir _vehicle;

_voffset = (speed _vehicle min 50) / 5;

_fheight = _height + (0 min (_vehicle modelToWorld [0,-1-_voffset,-_height] select 2));

_nearest setPos (_vehicle modelToWorld [0,-1-_voffset,-_fheight]);

_nearest setVectorDir _vdir;

if ((getPos _nearest select 2) > 0) then {_nearest setVectorUp  _vup};

_nearest setVelocity [0,0,0];

if (!alive _vehicle) exitWith {};

if (!player_is_driver) exitWith {};

if (!alive _nearest) exitWith {};

if (!alive player) exitWith {};

if (Vehicle_Released) exitWith {};

sleep 0.001;

};

Oops. Distance should be a little more so that also trucks can fit behind.

Error report.

x_playersetupsqferror.jpg

This seems to happen when a player rejoins a the game and takes a slot that he's previously held.

It may or may not be relevant, but when trying to recreate this error, I found that simply spawning the player, then quiting and rejoining in his slot didn't make the error. I actually had to use the addaction menu, in this case I teleported from the flag to MHQ1 then back again, quit and rejoined in the same slot and bingo, got the error.

I was an engineer at the time and it's west.ai.sara.

ammo drop is incredibly ugly. maybe 1 kilometer distant from my choosed drop point .

i'm testing the whole thing, and i like it smile_o.gif

This seems to happen when a player rejoins a the game and takes a slot that he's previously held.

That bug was fixed in version 3.12 or 3.14 (afair smile_o.gif). Simply remove units after forEach (it should read then: } forEach _units;)

_units allready is an array with all units of the player group.

ammo drop is incredibly ugly. maybe 1 kilometer distant from my choosed drop point .

That should (hopefully) be working in the next release (it's allways fine when I preview it in the editor or on a dedicated server. But as soon as there are more players it fails.)

Xeno

Error report.

x_playersetupsqferror.jpg

Getting the same error on our server. Happens after re-joining a game after a crash/disco. Using Domination version 3.14 on a 1.14 ArmA dedicated host.

*note: frequent disconnects seem to follow for anyone who gets the script error.