Sign in to follow this  
BLSmith2112

Crysis Impressions.

I'm sorry if this has already been answered here, but has anyone compared the Dx10 ultra settings that they said would be in the full version with the Dx9 Ultra settings?

I'm curious how Dx10 is holding up.

erm..........the game is quite laggy under both DX9 and 10 if you are on single card config with "high" settings

SLI is needed if you want to go HD

cant really compare the two, as the flame rate seems to be quite close

but even on normal setting the game looks good enought as a next gen

Guest Ti0n3r

Not true. One good card is enough. I run it on high (8600 GTS 512). Very smooth.

Not true. One good card is enough. I run it on high (8600 GTS 512). Very smooth.

At what resolution?

Guest Ti0n3r

1024x768, AA & AF turned off.

Can you load the full island in the editor or is it only broken up into separate areas according to the mission/objectives (island.cry01, island.cry02 etc)?

I kind of like the game but i think it could have used some more time in the works, it does have a fair share of bugs (they are forgivable) wich is surprising for a game of this caliber.

In the long run i wont get more out of it than i have from Arma, not even close, they are very distinct games but Arma is more my type of game. In Crysis the pretty graphics come at a cost, extreme LOD scales wich makes things pop on and off at too short distance, wouldnt like Arma to be that way...

And 4x AA owned my gtx pistols.gif .

I've just played through the demo and... well, it's very pretty. I had more fun throwing metal crates through huts and crashing the cars into stuff than fighting people, to be honest.

I found the combat quite repetitive, because the only way to effectively take the enemy down is to ghost in, off one of them (preferably by grabbing him by the throat and throwing him into a tree or off a cliff), and then hide behind something while your cloak recharged before doing it all over again. I quickly got bored of the firefights because the guns seemed to be firing safety bullets. Okay, so I understand why the uber-hardcore super soldiers can shrug off AK fire, but what's the baddies' excuse? Does the North Korean military issue uniforms made out of kryptonite or something?

It is very pretty though. And throwing sticks, chickens and tortoises at people is always funny.

After playing the demo I've come to the conclusion (rightly or wrongly) that this is just a tech demo for the engine as opposed to an actual game that's supposed to be uber awesome, much like Doom 3. The engine is nice, but nothing really feels... wow, if you get me. It just doesn't grab me, the game play is nothing that different from other games I've played, just FarCry 1 with better graphics and better story/voice acting in terms of game play.

Just played the demo... the game is awesome (graphics wise). still its kinda feel like corridor game to me. but man.. that is is preety. like when you shoot the leaves and some of the twigs sway along... and u move into a bush, the leaves sway with u... if only it's squad based instead ramboing alone. *sigh*

but the story kinda nice though. just in the demo it seems the story flows to fast i think

maybe i'll buy it after the price droped smile_o.gif

Enjoyed the demo enough to buy the game. My PC can't come even close to playing it on max settings, but I do enjoy the gameplay. Its different enough from the other mainstream shooters that IMO it puts it above the rest. Except OFP and ArmA!

First time i picked a smg it crashed mad_o.gif .

Im experiencing a ocasional 2/3 second freeze when i turn and zoom out on the landscape.

Second level hills have crappy textures...

I guess the game still needs work, buts its very, very nice.

I like the cammo soldiers trying to hunt me in the jungle, the muscular mercs in Far Cry were lame (so were all the characters, especially Jack whatever).

<s>I believe Crytek improved on pretty much everything and came up with some neat/original ideas, they are pushing the envelope at a much faster pace than all the others, i admire them for this</s> thumbs-up.gif .

now that since i getting quite used to ARMA together with TIR, i do wish crysis somehow support it, too bad they dont confused_o.gif

Just finished... bah! Its small and its very bugged.. And what kind of stupid ending is that?

Very disapointing, i though i would return to the island after killing the big spider thing on the flight deck.

This game could have been great but turned out to be a great disapointment sad_o.gif .

Just finished... bah! Its small and its very bugged.. And what kind of stupid ending is that?

Very disapointing, i though i would return to the island after killing the big spider thing on the flight deck.

This game could have been great but turned out to be a great disapointment sad_o.gif .

Like I said a while back “Crap Scenarioâ€! I can never understand these developers; they come up with a kick ass engine with massive potential but then go and ruin it with a kid’s fairytale! notworthy.gif

Pink flying octopuses, giant mechanical spiders and ‘nano suits’  … buy one get one free!! Gimme a break!  whistle.gif

I just wish that there were some decent plot directors behind games like this. If aliens were to visit us would they really be as ridiculously looking and as totally dumb and incapable as these guys make them?! I don’t think so! I think they need to watch some more episodes of The X Files!

Let’s have a bit less of the childish imagination folks and a bit more thought into credibility of plausible events!

I’ll only buy this game after it has reached budget status and has become a mod icon for seriously thought out gamer’s scenarios!

Like I said a while back “Crap Scenarioâ€! I can never understand these developers; they come up with a kick ass engine with massive potential but then go and ruin it with a kid’s fairytale! notworthy.gif

Pink flying octopuses, giant mechanical spiders and ‘nano suits’ … buy one get one free!! Gimme a break! whistle.gif

I just wish that there were some decent plot directors behind games like this. If aliens were to visit us would they really be as ridiculously looking and as totally dumb and incapable as these guys make them?! I don’t think so! I think they need to watch some more episodes of The X Files!

Let’s have a bit less of the childish imagination folks and a bit more thought into credibility of plausible events!

I’ll only buy this game after it has reached budget status and has become a mod icon for seriously thought out gamer’s scenarios!

Errr... no. The game is supposed to be sci-fi and for the most of it you face the KPA.

I like the suit, i think it was a nice idea, i also like the basic story and alien creatures (though there should have been more of them).

But its a unfinished/wrapped up game. You can tell by the bugs, plot holes, how the missions unfold and that last level... the initial levels are nice but after you enter the mine, it all craps up to a rushed end.

How did Prophet survive and came up with the alien weapon? I believe the original idea was that the weapon would be retrieved from the alien scout they took onboard..

I believe this game could have been really great but its not, it needed atleast another year in the works... im wondering if im going to install SB2 editor or unistall and shelve the whole thing.

I dont even want to think about expantions banghead.gif .

I think its a load of unimaginative drivel, and gets very linear in the last few levels and the plot is entirely unoriginal.

Not in the class of ARMA in terms of personal enjoyment.

I was really hyped up for Crysis, everything seemed perfect..

The demo looked great, ran great, etc.

After the first few levels it just goes downhill, the missions loose quality, the events dont make much sense and there are bad bugs in it.. Great technology, nice ideas and content but poor game and very poor levels.

I dont know what else to say, just that after 5 days on my HD Crysis is shelved. If you havent played it, there will be expantion(s) because the game didnt really end and there is content in it that didnt even got used.

Arma is #1 inlove.gif .

i'm sorry if this has been asked before, but does any one know the minimum computer spec requierd to play the game ?

i'm sorry if this has been asked before, but does any one know the minimum computer spec requierd to play the game ?

CPU: 2.8 GHz

RAM: 1 gig

GPU: GF6800 GT, ATi 9800 Pro.

Minimum.. wow_o.gif .

Ok, so I downloaded the demo, and installed it, but nothing.

There is no shortcut icon, no icon basically, that lead me to the demo.

I meet the requirement specs, so would someone please help?

There are also no files whatsoever.

Well, I said what the hell and got it lastnight. Sofar not bad and it does look beautiful. Only gripe is that bullets don't seem to drop enemy's the way they should. Use to people getting shot and droping, or at least acting wounded.

One thing I gota know though , does the game insta kill me for leaving the mission area? I like games that have mountains and distant lands that I can actually travel to.

But when I went exploreing I seemed to come under a rocket attack..... I saw some ships miles away but I was hid...or so I thought sad_o.gif

Check: http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest (select the game you want to check your PC on from the dropdown list)

About the game: It's a "good" game. Not as good as I thought it'd be. It's challenging but the story is ugly. Almost as ugly as SoF: Payback's one.

As it was said it's too bad such game ends up like this. It could have been fantastic but it's not. Nothing more than a very common FPS.