Sign in to follow this  
BLSmith2112

Crysis Impressions.

u can get under boat unnoticed easily ... speed mode and cloak mode

then use speed mode to jump off water like dolphin @ boat

then use strenght mode to kick some ass smile_o.gif

anyway i really missing 'camouflage' mode like MGS4 (way lower power req than cloak for static position) and InfraRed ...

so hopefully we get some 'mods' with this lol smile_o.gif

as arcade shooter Crysis seems be more than fine smile_o.gif

then use speed mode to jump off water like dolphin @ boat

then use strenght mode to kick some ass smile_o.gif

I always used strength mode to jump out of the water while shooting the driver/gunner. tounge2.gif

I want an Alien VS Predator mod with this engine...

I want an Alien VS Predator mod with this engine...

Screw the Aliens, how about a Predator mod based on the original movie? Blane's toy is already in wink_o.gif .

Quote[/b] ]Screw the Aliens, how about a Predator mod based on the original movie? Blane's toy is already in

Well, the nanosuit makes just you that Predator...

Quote[/b] ]Screw the Aliens, how about a Predator mod based on the original movie? Blane's toy is already in

Thats not it..

Imagine models for the comando team, guerrilas, the predator... and lush south american jungle maps, imagine skinned bodies hanging in the trees and the creepy jungle sounds.. brrr, with this engine it would be an awsome project and many things are already built in the game wow_o.gif .

Predator mod for this would be great.

I was wishing for one for FarCry back in the day...

http://doc.crymod.com/SimpleAI.html

now they call the manual "simpleAI"

Scroll trough it and you see that it isnt that simple....

The AI doesnt have any intellligence by itself. All hiding and walking is predefined by the missions... They cant even find the way around objects or hills themself lol...

Im disapointed. Seems arma AI is way ahead of this, despite they clumsy look (Farcry AI looks smooth but IS dumb)

Yep i have to agree times like this ,you do apreciate just how much was done in the engine already as far as arma ai is concered.

Then again once you make ai drive over a bridge in sandbox ,you kinda think to yourself thank god the ai is so editable wink_o.gif.

only joking(ish) , i would back arma ai against crysis in a one on one

AI in Crysis is impressive and fun for that Rambo/Predator type of action. I was amazed to see a soldier leap over a fence I was hiding behind only to meet his own demise with my nano-power!

But compare that to playing a CTI SP last night with a Beta mod that allows suppression and Global Linking. My small squad of 6 were shot down in our MH-6 just outside of Iguana with all members surviving. Set to stealth, we went to investigate what shot us down and infiltrated the town only to be heavily outnumbered and basically running scrambling for our lives by crazy MG fire. When all seemed lost, a friendly AI squad showed up in MG jeeps they outfitted themselves, came blazing down the streets killing and scattering the evil SLA nest. All without any input from me.

This engine still has a lot of life

http://doc.crymod.com/SimpleAI.html

now they call the manual "simpleAI"

Scroll trough it and you see that it isnt that simple....

The AI doesnt have any intellligence by itself. All hiding and walking is predefined by the missions... They cant even find the way around objects or hills themself lol...

Im disapointed. Seems arma AI is way ahead of this, despite they clumsy look (Farcry AI looks smooth but IS dumb)

You should consider that sandbox2 is both a mission (event) and environment/terrain creation editor tool, think... Arma's mission editor and Visitor3 combined.

Its very flexible and powerfull, you can define wich objects on your map the a.i. can use as cover or if you want them to go inside a building, walk on a pier, etc. If visitor3 was a little more like this the a.i. would cross the bridges correctly, walk on piers, inside houses, use cover and avoid water (wich makes them loose their weapons and kills their vehicles as we all know). Arma's a.i. dont use a road just because it looks like a road in the editor wink_o.gif .

Thats not it..

Imagine models for the comando team, guerrilas, the predator... and lush south american jungle maps, imagine skinned bodies hanging in the trees and the creepy jungle sounds.. brrr, with this engine it would be an awsome project and many things are already built in the game wow_o.gif .

I was thinking the exact same thing while playing the demo. smile_o.gif Would be a cool multiplayer mode where whole commando team needs to try and kill the predator pistols.gif , even the palm trees can be knocked over if you shoot at trunk many times like in the first movie smile_o.gif.

Crap scenario, & ridiculous creatures are expected just as in Far Cry. The Nano suit is just a bit OTT for me! Bring back Jack Carver I forgive all I said about your shirt!!

Sci-Fi aside the graphics is top notch and 10/10 for optimisation. Physics is impressive, very nice editor and vehicles are not bad but I don’t like the way I just toured most of the island in the hovercraft!! huh.gif

flymo.jpg

4X4 Flymo!!   biggrin_o.gif

I like it. I feel it has potential to be a good game. Its a bit tricky to get around using the nano suit, but once you get the hang of it, (And know what the hell you are doing! ) it looks like a bit of good fun where you could get the shit scared out of you turning that next corner. The graphics: WOW... My PC can run the game @ 1152 x 864 with all the setting at med with Fraps hovering around the 15 fps. (B4 U ask: P4 3 GHz, 2.5 GB ram, GA-945P-S3 MoBo, 8600 GTS 512Mb. And XP os ). Now, if I could be able to run the game on max settings, I would be a jubbering idiot! My only problem now is whether to ask santa for Crysis or a Core 2 E6850! I think the CPU.

OOps I think I damaged it a bit on the way up!  biggrin_o.gif

mountaincraft.jpg

...no I really did climb that cliff!! Try it.

Otherwise apart from the Nano suit and the sci-fi plot my only other gripe is the inconsistent AI. Whilst a machine gunner in a speeding patrol boat has no trouble spotting the glint in your eye from 500 meters, the same gunner on a static LTV doesn't get wind of your presence until you are just about close enough to smell his fart, even though you had just been decking all his buddies with a shotgun!  wow_o.gif

I seem to recall this sort of AI behaviour in Far Cry too!

But who cares, we've now got proper reef shallows and reef walls for scuba diving! Hmm, maybe that suit will be useful after all!  tounge2.gif

Two screens one taken from high in the editor and the other an enhanced caption from the intro screen suggest that the demo island is only a fraction of the full game!

crysis_chopped.jpg

crysis_full.jpg

... Will we be able to load and play with the whole island in the editor or will it be sectioned like in the demo?   huh.gif

dont see why not , i already played on massive islands created in the editor , only thing stopping you with vanilla maps is the forbidden zones , i guess thats just the game genre (linear / nudged stories etc) . i am really enjoying the whole thing , just wish i could eliminate the sci fi theme .

For me is Crysis the new hope. You can mainly do the same how in Arma. You can create your own Islands, and better is you can script your AI in your wishes. The vehicle handling is not that good how in arma. But with the physics 100x better. And it works on my pc 10x better than arma. The weapons itself pwning, that you can customize them is already nice also. Dual Pistols is also impressive. On the Asian AA tank is a quad cannon, so i can see many feautures for the Tiberian Genesis Mod. And ofcourse Mechanimations are much easier there. One manned tanks are possible. you can do islands with 8000x8000 with 32 unit meters = big islands also like in arma. Why not doing arma into crysis? ^^

ah and for NOD we got in crysis already the stealth mode, which we dont have in arma..... a leave from arma is possible

Sentry

AFAIK the terrain system is similar to ofp/arma with free roaming capabilities. It’s all down to the level design.

What you see in the demo/full is a semi linear route. Normally blocked by natural obstacles to make it feel more like a movie and I assume not to confuse the player.

But if you load up the editor, select all the objects and delete them, you will find yourself in a free roaming environment. smile_o.gif

AFAIK the terrain system is similar to ofp/arma with free roaming capabilities. It’s all down to the level design.

What you see in the demo/full is a semi linear route. Normally blocked by natural obstacles to make it feel more like a movie and I assume not to confuse the player.

But if you load up the editor, select all the objects and delete them, you will find yourself in a free roaming environment. smile_o.gif

absolutely true! its just about you how you design that island, and how realistic you would do it, with the vegetations, road systems, how much love you would get into it, or better how much time xD

just wait up for the mods, i think there will come so many fine things.

... you can do islands with 8000x8000 with 32 unit meters = big islands also like in arma. Why not doing arma into crysis? ^^

ah and for NOD we got in crysis already the stealth mode, which we dont have in arma..... a leave from arma is possible

Sentry

Hmmm in that case I think Crytek have just given us our next playground!

How about OFP Cold War Crisis reborn into Crysis?  inlove.gif

I'm not sure about the heli controls though, OFP wins on that!  tounge2.gif