Sign in to follow this  
BLSmith2112

Crysis Impressions.

Does anyone know why sometimes when you spawn yourself in the editor cntrl/G, the AI completely disappears where other times there all there? Does it depend on spawing in a 'correct' zone?

The AI disappear because they havent been spawned yet (you havent crossed the trigger that spawn them earlier on the map).

The AI disappear because they havent been spawned yet (you havent crossed the trigger that spawn them earlier on the map).

Ok thanks, figured it was something along those lines.

I gotta say the more i play this demo/editor the more I love it. There's nothing quite like adding an extra 10+ enemies and fighting your way out of a hut with walls caving in, debris flying everywhere. I don't use the Nanosuit unless i have to (jump) because i like to play it out as realistically as possible. I hope they add a radar toggle/off option in the full game as well.

Can't wait for realism mods!

Anyone else tried the ropes yet ?

Funny as hell ,attach one to a deadbody and a jeep in editor and drag it round the town lol.gonna try it on a turtle just for laughs smile_o.gif

heres a tute from chrisevans

click to dl

you might need to open in an windows movie maker and slow down it goes real fast lol.

The moment I read the next MechWarrior game will be made for Crysis ( in the form of a mod with Microsoft's blessings), I knew I'd eventually have to buy it.

But since a failed MechWarrior mod was the only reason I bought BF2, I might have to take a wait an see attitude this time around.

The game does look pretty....but theres gota be more to a game than pretty....or so I'm told.

The moment I read the next MechWarrior game will be made for Crysis ( in the form of a mod with Microsoft's blessings), I knew I'd eventually have to buy it.

But since a failed MechWarrior mod was the only reason I bought BF2, I might have to take a wait an see attitude this time around.

The game does look pretty....but theres gota be more to a game than pretty....or so I'm told.

So far 25 % done track their progress : http://www.crymod.com/moddbmods.php?id=60

There is more to the game than just looks play the demo game play is amazing.

Can you imagine the Star Wars game that could be made with this engine..?!

I just tried this alien ice gun in the editor.

Froze a guy, then when i bumped into him he droped to the ground just like a statue, then i punched him and he broke into tiny pieces, it works with vehicles too. Also if you try the editor (wich is a must) you can find what happens to Jester after the final cut.

Im having good fun with this and its only the demo, cant wait for the 16th smile_o.gif .

LOL well I tried it last night, 5 mins to load, then to watch the crappy trailer I've already seen, then another 5-10 mins, then some scene I can't make out, then 5-10 more mins and some kind of night scene where I'm maybe parachuting or something (none of it displayed correctly), so I go to the menu to quit, 20 mins later it finally lets me back to the desktop, interesting game wink_o.gif

maybe you need to upgrade your 486DX2 wink_o.gif

cant really figure out the editor yet, but it seems quite innovative.

LOL well I tried it last night, 5 mins to load, then to watch the crappy trailer I've already seen, then another 5-10 mins, then some scene I can't make out, then 5-10 more mins and some kind of night scene where I'm maybe parachuting or something (none of it displayed correctly), so I go to the menu to quit, 20 mins later it finally lets me back to the desktop, interesting game wink_o.gif

Yup I had the same Gripe, I wondered If the demo was ever going to start after being forcefully made to watch minutes worth of bs I've already seen crazy_o.gif

maybe you need to upgrade your 486DX2 wink_o.gif Ho

Ho,ho,ho.......

Rename the video subfolder and it will load directly to the main menu. Takes less than 15 seconds for me.

Oh and you really should upgrade that 486 biggrin_o.gif

that's quite weird as my loading times are quite fast even with videos (60-120s and less if load from save) ...

HDD speed?

sharky.jpg

frozendudes.jpg

farnuke.jpg

I've been playing domino with the frozen soldiers but for this one i wanted them to pose for the screeny. Crytek sure come up with some funny ideas smile_o.gif .

edit: The a.i. have very good pathfinding but other than that they dont come close to Arma's real a.i. wink_o.gif

edit: ... they dont come close to Arma's real a.i. wink_o.gif

Maybe i am wrong but the posing-picture shows that the crysis-guys have a different technique to held the pistole: here the left hand is more under the right hand to stabilze the pistole whereas the arma-guys have their left hand more beside of the right-hand ...

edit: ... they dont come close to Arma's real a.i. wink_o.gif

Maybe i am wrong but the posing-picture shows that the crysis-guys have a different technique to held the pistole: here the left hand is more under the right hand to stabilze the pistole whereas the arma-guys have their left hand more beside of the right-hand ...

The 'cup and saucer' technique as seen there in the Crysis screeny and a lot of movies is incorrect. Proper pistol use has the left hand cupping the right and stabalising your hold.

I am going to fire up the editor and see how much jungle that nuke will flatten.

Quote[/b] ]I am going to fire up the editor and see how much jungle that nuke will flatten.

Probably not that much, if any, if it is the TAC grenade you'll use.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the demo, and you should absolutely try the editor. Try cloning a lot of enemies and battle them in a jungle zone, either alone or with some help (I 'converted' to friendly some koreans). I made battles with 150+ (one hundred and fifty) AI bots, and even if framerate went sometimes as low as 8-9, it's absolutely amazing. I have a core 2 duo E6600 OC @3Ghz and a 7950GT 512MB (so not top notch) and I'm playing in the editor about 1050x800, settings to 'high' except I eneabled sunshafts and battledust. Remember to make an autoexec.cfg file, put it in the 'Crysis SP Demo' dir and type in it this line:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">g_ragdollMinTime = 3600

so that you can wander around the battlefield after the fight has ended to look at the carnage you did: this set the time after which the ragdoll bodies are removed to an hour.

Here's a crappy video I made (sorry, no sound):

01jk0.th.jpg

4.26 MB, Xvid 1.1.3, 524x404, 25 fps.

Fraps recording lowered the framerate further.

Which setting did you use to play?

I've set the objectsetting or texturesetting to middle and get also crazy errors.Than I tried the low setting, restart the game and all works fine. smile_o.gif

Yikes! O.o

Hehe that was pretty funny.

Crysis demo is still pretty fun to play but never really feels like a challenge even on Delta. Part of the problem is the way too powerful nano-suit that gives you Super Jump,Super Speed,Super Armour and Super Speed -sounds kinda like Mario. I think Delta needs to be 1-2 shots and you are down or seriously wounded to negate that sort of stuff.I once cleared an area using mostly household objects against 12 heavily armed North Koreans -didn't realize wicker was so deadly.

Yikes! O.o

The a.i. skill depends on dificulty but even on easy i havent found any of that, and he was probably using the editor because if you try to go near any boat the gunner will take you out.

If you are going to play with the nukes try the TAC us tank, its under land vehicles and the one i used above, the freeze alien gun doesnt work on chicken though sad_o.gif.

The nukes are like the tornado i think, the effects are editable but too much = severe PC punishment biggrin_o.gif .

edit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGPI0haXq1Q

rofl.gif .