Sign in to follow this  
maruk

Linux server beta

We also have all files lowercase... And we are using

Debian distribution... As I say - after JIP connection, all

scripts will work fine, it looks funy on Berzerk - no wehicles

on start, and immediately after someone connects, wehicles

will spawn, and all scripts will work OK until next mission...

I repeat - this is happening with all missions that uses scripts

(or triggers)

can anyone confirm if the 'kickduplicate' server setting got disabled? Granted I havnt used it in some time, but I just tried testing a mission I made with my laptop and pc and kickduplicate=0 does not appear to be working as described.

I can confirm the scripting/trigger issue on the linux server.

The only way to work around this issue I've found, is to restart the mission (not by #restart, but #missions and reselecting the mission) once or twice and then the mission will work as expected.

Yeah exact same script problem here. Linux server is running otherwise really good but that script problem kinda cripples it.

Hopefully we get fix soon.

Any info on next update or do we have to change back to windows?

How can i found wich mission i making the linux server dying when trying to display the mission list ?

i got 280 missions, all named with only letters & numbers (lowercase). i can't figure out whiche one(s?) are not working

huh.gif

Also maxCustomFileSize isn't working ? i put it to maxCustomFileSize=1; in the server.cfg, but it doesn't stop people with bigger file.

How can i found wich mission i making the linux server dying when trying to display the mission list ?

i got 280 missions, all named with only letters & numbers (lowercase). i can't figure out whiche one(s?) are not working

huh.gif

Also maxCustomFileSize isn't working ? i put it to maxCustomFileSize=1; in the server.cfg, but it doesn't stop people with bigger file.

You must find it manually - copy to the server only few missions,

run, then copy next part, etc... Some missions don't work

on linux servers (I found strange situation when my friend

sended to me mission by gmail - when I received mail by

mail app and copied file to server - all was OK, but when I try

to download the same file directly from gmail web mail and copied

to server - server crashed smile_o.gif

And so for maxCustomFileSize - it must be in arma.cfg not in

server.cfg, it works

Thanks for pointing where to put maxcustomfilesize; ! smile_o.gif

That's a lot of work to find wich mission work or not, and if you put a pack of mission from the community, you better remember all the mission you put in. icon_rolleyes.gif

Wish BIS put a better crash information.

also looking for a method of installing on linux.

Maruk posted a response in the other 1.09 thread:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Note that BIS will not be @ work during Christmas but many of us will be watching forums closely all the time.

and

Quote[/b] ]---------------------QUOTE BEGIN-------------------

Can this patch be installed on linux server?

---------------------QUOTE-------------------

Linux server for 1.09 beta is not yet available and will not be until early January.

Windows dedicated server exe arma_server.exe is installed with the patch but note that to install the patch on servers you also need to use beta mod folder content on the server and use beta as mod parameter on the server.

Maruk posted a response in the other 1.09 thread:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Note that BIS will not be @ work during Christmas but many of us will be watching forums closely all the time.

and

Quote[/b] ]---------------------QUOTE BEGIN-------------------

Can this patch be installed on linux server?

---------------------QUOTE-------------------

Linux server for 1.09 beta is not yet available and will not be until early January.

Windows dedicated server exe arma_server.exe is installed with the patch but note that to install the patch on servers you also need to use beta mod folder content on the server and use beta as mod parameter on the server.

Hate to revive an old topic but. Is there a date on the 1.09 beta patch for us on the linux side?

or is a new release of the linux server scheduled for release at some near date?

There is no linux server for 1.09b, and I don't think there'll be one developed until the next full patch is released. Sad, but likely sad_o.gif

We need new version of linux server NOW biggrin_o.gif Scripts/triggers doesn't work well at all, even restart of mission did not help. mad_o.gif

I'm just hoping that it will be out at the same time as the final version smile_o.gif

We need new version of linux server NOW biggrin_o.gif Scripts/triggers doesn't work well at all, even restart of mission did not help. mad_o.gif

Is anybody able to send us some very EASY mission, which does not work on Linux but works well on Win32 dedicated server?

(We have tried to test triggeres/scripts on linux today, but it has worked)

We need to reproduce it first - i.e. find some quick repro steps.

If you have a linux server and want to play with your teammates, there's one hint - connect with server player by player. Don't join server with massive number of users, because scripts won't work. Every player execute some part of mission scripts, so join in queue wink_o.gif

Is anybody able to send us some very EASY mission, which does not work on Linux but works well on Win32 dedicated server?

(We have tried to test triggeres/scripts on linux today, but it has worked)

We need to reproduce it first - i.e. find some quick repro steps.

Sry, we have deleted all missions that wont work with the current linux version 1.08, therefore nothing is left. However, it is damn good to hear that you are working hard to play Easter bunny for us linux users as well. wink_o.gif Hopefully someone can help!

As stated here :

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....7;st=30

The Linux scripting issues looks related to case sensitivity about filenames and folder names.

Quote[/b] ]linux script issues is because some version of linux can't read text in upper case. Example;

Script.Txt will not be read, script.txt however would be read. Same goes for folders/files/extensions. Everything needs to be lowercase.

Bebul... you have PM.. wink_o.gif

The mission is running on Linux dedicated server pretty well.

(It has taken only 3/4 of my working day to fix this and that and it runs now).

Thnx for quick "support".

I hope, the problem could be related to scripting issues as well.

Has anybody any other mission which is not running on Linux but operates on Win32?

If so, it is BIS *Wanted*, dead or alive! pistols.gif