Sign in to follow this  
Shadow NX

Russian Federation Units V.2.00

Shadow some people just go for what they think look cool and not always realism wink_o.gif

Yeah but who would prefer a old AK-74 over lets say the RPK-74M, AK74M or my beloved AKS-74 in plum plastic parts? smile_o.gif

Hello people! I think these RHS units are really nice, one of the best on my favourite list.

I got an annoying problem with RHS UAZ (I use Russian Vehicles Replacement Pack). Every time if I play Multiplayer Mission RHS UAZs are in the air (I mean more or less 3-4 meters above the terrain). Is it something wrong with addon or replacement config? Thx for any help.

Shadow some people just go for what they think look cool and not always realism wink_o.gif

Actually i prefer the whole RHS package, but i wanted the textures for integrating into a clan addon package :P

Any information about ECS compatibility? I wanted the textures only because i experienced some problems with missing sound files while running ECS+RHS.

I don't know if somebody already reported this but, it seems that the addon causes some problems in typical circumstances.

We often play with more than 30 players and, when we tried to use this addon, the server crashed.

This bug appeared when we decided to use the 1.09 version.

We performed tests with various settings, but the problem remains.

We tested it without any addons excepted Johnny Marine's.

Does anybody know how to fix this problem ?

Saddly i dotn know what could cause this, just like the flying UAZs.

Also i really lack a helping hand that could take care of such stuff, without a capable scripter that also knows his deal about config i dont see a V.3.00 happening sad_o.gif

If anyone wants to help he should PM me.

I really like the texture work for your units, and I use them In my personal work.

I've removed the weapon from your replacement, and also the uaz for the vehicle replacement.

I can take a look to UAZ replacement and try to fix em.

And I suggest how to fix some issues.

Your weapon pack is full of ST error reports that slow down MP environment and could cause crashes, this error sems that could be fixed binarizing the model ( franze fixed em when he binarize the F18 Model ) so no more ST error reports.

I'm totally noob in object modelling so I can't help you in this, but u can ask in this forum the correct way to binarize a model.

step 2:

Everyone that create an Addon, should take a look at ArmA.RPT file... if you see some error u must try to fix em, or if u can't u must remove the item that cause the errors.

For example some weapon from your packages generate various geometric errors, and these shold'be fixed or removed.

Do a clean RPT Addon should be the main objective smile_o.gif

If u fix the weapons for your addon, I think you will fix a lot of problem.

For Flying UAZ I can help you, simply using the same UAZ config of BIS one with only the new texture paa that must be same size of original one off course smile_o.gif

I'm here if u need help, I'm not expert but I will do what I can

Thanks i will contact you when there is enough doen for a update.

I may have found something, but I'm not sure... it may be caused by ArmAEffects... but... when using the AS Val at night, there is quite a substantial muzzle flash.

Rubberkite => you're right, a lot of our server's error messages refered to the weapons.

When you're not a lot of players, it doesn't cause a lot of troubles.

But when you're numerous, the server crashes...

I hope that the devteam will be able to fix those "small" problems, because I really miss those addons... notworthy.gif

Not sure, try and youll see.

I cant test it atm since my ArmA after i installed the new beta patch refuses to start, time for a reinstall me thinks.

We are running these on our server, and although we dont get over 20 people we have had no problems in the missions featuring these soldiers or their weapons.

2Griffon

Guess thanks to me Steve knows about this half a year ago.))

Btw, it's only tankists uniform - don't know it the same cut will be for infantry.

Hi all!

I wanted to expand the RHS soldiers config with some extra soldiers and some with RH_AK pack weapon loadout for a faster mission editing, but I relaised that, if I'm using different weapons (not RHS ones) with RHS soldiers then those guns don't have tracers, muzzel flash, gun smoke effects and some problems with the ballistics too (in the last one I'm not sure).

I encounterd this problem only with the RHS soldiers. I'm using the latest beta pach and most of the addons from The.D's reallistic Add On compilation.

THX for any help or answer!

Ok, now I finde out the reson of this problem! I don't know why, but the Eventhandlers class cause this, the line in the marine and vdv config or maybe the rpg22.sqf script itself. If I delete this line from the soldiers config, everything works fine with third party addons too...

Anyway best add on, and can't wait for the V.3.00!!! notworthy.gif

Guys, in case if you decide to make some addon to your mod;) Here are some pics of new camouflage pattern. This uniform will be weared already on 9th of May parade (Victory Day) smile_o.gif

It looks like they are trying to go for a somewhat American look.......

Goggles and the big helmet lol

Why don't us Americans have military parades? Anyone know?

dengibtsschon, at first it looks like it outside, but it is inside the unit class. The pervious class is the wounds class, and the closing brackets is needed there, otherwise the next units will not be counted.

An other thing is the gun smoke effect from ArmAEffects addon. I really like it, and I think not I'm the only one. To make it work with RHS-Weapons, you need to change only one thing inside the RHS_Mag config:

"Class RHS_Bullet: BulletBase (not BulletCore)."

To use 6's tracers is needs a litle more lines in the same mag config, but it easy too, and idon't harm the core settings for the weapons and the bullets, but I think Shadow will come out with a more compatible next version, because this effects are must haves! wink_o.gif

Griffon79

Do not hotlink images over 100kb.

I'd say most of RHS is busy with their involvement with Project 85