Sign in to follow this  
Shadow NX

Russian Federation Units V.2.00

amen to that...

Well thanks for the help anyway. smile_o.gif

A question. Does anyone else get this error? have anyone tried to use this mod in MP, as host or client?

I wonder if it can be solved if I manually put RHS weapons in the missions...but hell that will take some time!.....*sigh* sad_o.gif

Not really, there will be a V.3 with new models one day but dont ask me when.

For now most of my ArmA time goes into the 80s project with Vilas and Topas.

For now most of my ArmA time goes into the 80s project with Vilas and Topas.

And that's just great ! wink_o.gif

Hey William. I cant wait to get this addon going but i too am having the same error. Would it be too much to ask to upload the file onto another site? I believe I am not the only one here cranky with rapidshare and their errors.

Thanks.

Here you have it:

Link at armaholic.com:

Russian Federation Units replacement pack

i got an problem with the awm there is no recoil and if i shoot i got an error.

I think you have to install Skaven's weapons pack to get around that problem.

I have a couple of questions regarding the RHS Weapons:

1) I'm using the FDF SoundMod 1.31 and with said weapons I dont get any kind of supersonic cracks. Is there a way to maybe manually add them?

2) I'm also using the 6th Sense Pack1 Tracers which work perfectly with the stock weapons as well as other 3rd party mod weapons. With the RHS weapon pack however all I get is the normal BIS default tracer sad_o.gif

3) The AS Val has some interesting firepower. I've shot that rifle at a couple of wooden huts on Rahmadi and to my surprise they would fall apart with half a mag...

Nevermind, I've fixed the FDF Sounds and 6th Sense tracer issues as well as the missing AWM recoil values with a little config tweaking, now the only problem remains the AS Val firepower whistle.gif

mh thanks but where can i download it?

Here

Use the Search button in future...

A new question:

I have tweaked the silenced bullets and mags in their init speeds because they were going supersonic in my game and one could hear the cracks on outside view --> I've set all initspeeds for SD bullets and mags to 320 (NWD ballistic taken as reference) but what I am now experiencing is that on the AS Val and the VSS all bullets impact in a much higher point than I am aiming at with the gunsight help.gif

Bump: This anybody know the cause of the above problem or even better a fix for it!? huh.gif

I love the units and though I know there won't be an update for quite some time if at all, I wanted to mention a few bugs. I know it has been mentioned before but the VSS and VAL are way too powerful with the ability to take down armor. Another one that has been mentioned is the fact that none of the weapons make the supersonic crack as the bullets fly by you. The last one I haven't seen mentioned in the thread so far. If you fly low in a helicopter over a BIS SLA squad they will atempt to shoot you down with their small arms. The RHS units will not and instead just go prone or run around for cover.

I've got everything of the above fixed, except the RHS units not engaging air units and the offset VSS and VAL sights. Will have a look at that when I have time and see what causes it!

Hi as much as I like RHS weapons, can these guys standard BIS weapons instead for the AK's? I use RH excellent AK pack and find them to be more realistic

just open the replacement pbo and delete the entries "weapons" , "magazines" , "respawnedweapons" and "respawnedmagazines" for each unit smile_o.gif

Is there any way to only use the new textures?

I really like the camoflage of the units, but i would like to not have any new weapons, sounds, balistics or anything

Isnt that like buying a I-Phone just to write SMS? tounge2.gif

Seriously, well you can use the textures if you unpack the pbo and replace some of the SLA textures from the characters.pbo.

Textures with np_ are SLA ones like np_soldier_co.paa for the standard soldiers.

Or you edit the config and give them the BIS weapons.

But i dont see why anyone would want to use modern units with old wood part AK74s.