Sign in to follow this  
Shadow NX

Russian Federation Units V.2.00

I have read the whole thread, but I cant remember everything now so, a couple of questions to make it clear for me if its ok:

1 - you used nonWonderDogs figures so your weapons/ammo are compatible with his work?

2 - are your weapons compatible with gmj_sightadjustment?

3 - will there be a config that uses SIX_tracers?

4 - will you make your units use extended_init_eventhandlers?

I just want to make sure your units fits the rest of my addons.

Thank you!

I have read the whole thread, but I cant remember everything now so, a couple of questions to make it clear for me if its ok:

1 - you used nonWonderDogs figures so your weapons/ammo are compatible with his work?

2 - are your weapons compatible with gmj_sightadjustment?

3 - will there be a config that uses SIX_tracers?

4 - will you make your units use extended_init_eventhandlers?

I just want to make sure your units fits the rest of my addons.

Thank you!

1 - Yes

2 - Afaik no

3 - Yes

4 - possibly dependign on who will help with that

@otreblA_SNAKE_[iTA]

In the download you find soem replacement pbos and if you use one of them the units will also use our weapons.

4 - possibly dependign on who will help with that

I should have time tomorrow. I'll try to sort out the VAL damage issue and use the extended event handlers.

I've got the books about PT-76 and Armored Vehicles of VDD, if you need them I can give you the link wink_o.gif

Help! Help! Textures gone array!!

Everything was working fine but today the textures went crazy. It seems to depend on the detail, if I lower texture detail to low they don't look mmessed up, also as the units are farther the effect goes away. SLA and other textures are normal, only the RFU seems affected.

helpbg9.th.jpg

ive seen many texture bugs in arma, never something like that, but as you can tell the best model isnt being updated, and the cloth lines for the shirts are still there even if the colors are disarrayed. im assuming u tried the easy things like reboot or let ur pc cool off. Also have u checked to make sure ur on board GPU fan is working? possible overheating issues. If all of those dont work try reinstalling drivers or install older drivers. Have u checked if this is occuring with other games? try these few things and report back, that way we know if its an arma issue or ur comp issue.

it happened like 3 times but has stopped happening. Guess it might have been an issue with the gpu, but it's still pretty weird that only the textures from the addon where the only ones affected. Still, since I haven't been able to recreate it I can't be more specific.

hmm well it could of been the complex color schemes created for these amazing textures that could cause errors :P

I just had a wierd experience with VSS. My AI teammates somehow blew up the Striker just by shooting at it with VSS. At first, I couldn't figure out what are they shooting at, but then the Striker blew up. There was no mines around and nobody had an RPG, so I figured my mighty Spetsnaz boys did it. Did anyone else ever had that happen?

Steve, Kenji is sure taking a long vacation. Will you guys spoil us soon with a new T-64 pack? (sorry for oftop forum nazis, don't eat me!wink_o.gif

I just had a wierd experience with VSS. My AI teammates somehow blew up the Striker just by shooting at it with VSS. At first, I couldn't figure out what are they shooting at, but then the Striker blew up. There was no mines around and nobody had an RPG, so I figured my mighty Spetsnaz boys did it. Did anyone else ever had that happen?

Steve, Kenji is sure taking a long vacation. Will you guys spoil us soon with a new T-64 pack? (sorry for oftop forum nazis, don't eat me!wink_o.gif

LOL that VSS is set to do way too much damage. I meant to take a look at it and send a fix to Shadow NX but haven't had the time. I'll do it when I can, hopefully soon.

News from Kenji:

t80141kc9.jpg

t80142rk2.jpg

Also:

[kenji] says:

people seem think i holiday ?? ?0_0?? ?

Granted, you're not really in the pipeline for the progress screenshots and the like that he sends to The Boss (That'd be Shadow_NX) and soforth. But they are impressive, and work is being done. There hasn't been a span of four days where I haven't seen something new from this guy.

Yes, .COMmunist, I realize you're joking.

Was there any updates to the armour textures? The original pics looked a bit on the "pastel" side.

The tanks look great though...it was just the texturing IMO.

News from Kenji:

t80141kc9.jpg

t80142rk2.jpg

Also:

[kenji] says:

people seem think i holiday ?? ?0_0?? ?

Granted, you're not really in the pipeline for the progress screenshots and the like that he sends to The Boss (That'd be Shadow_NX) and soforth. But they are impressive, and work is being done. There hasn't been a span of four days where I haven't seen something new from this guy.

Yes, .COMmunist, I realize you're joking.

Tanks are wonderful and the picture it self is very beautiful! smile_o.gif))

i knew that kenji would do such thing soon, T-80B!

kenji, catch my manuals...  tounge2.gif you are gonna explode when you see them whistle.gif

OK, I am sorry, I started the hijacking of the topic. Couldn't resist! Is Kenji also making the T-80s for Arma?

Back on topic. Another small bug report:

Engineer doesn't de-activate mines,... bastard.

I knew someone had to post a pic to spoil the surprise... goodnight.gif

sweet looking tanks, just keep doing your magic and release before arma 2 and i will be happy biggrin_o.gif

I have posted it in the User Missions forum, but got no response there, so I though I'll try it here. I have several missions with Skaven's and RHS troops (also with RHS Hinds). But I don't know how to make the mission look all good and fancy, mainly, I don't know how to put up the desription of the mission, objectives and that little map with drawings on it to give the player the overlay of his objectives. My radio communication with headquarters are pretty basic too, no sound, just bunch of writings at the bottom. But the mission itself is not bad at all. I remember someone mentioned here that there will be a forum or download area where we can upload/download RHS-relayted missions. Well, I have one, but I need someone's help with some interface for the mission. Is there someone here who can help finish it up. I already have one person who is willing to test it (just a game play). After he gives a feedback on it, it will be great if some other mission maker can polish this mission up for everyone to enjoy. I make at least one mission a week, but I never release them. Most of my missions involve RHS stuff, so if there are people who like to play with RHS addons and who have some skills on making missions, lets work together and we can make a ton of SP missions with Skavens soldiers.

I also found a little bug. Marine sniper doesn't have any magazines for his Makarov.

Wanted to ask you guys a favor. Is it possible to use default Arma reticle for SVD? The one that you are using for current RHS SVD is kind of hard to use for longer ranges. Just my opinion of course.

Bump, im really intrested in seing this going somwhere, anyone that could give .Communist a helping hand?

Congratulations for awesome addons...

RHS is the better russian and soviet addons since the time of OFP! notworthy.gif

There's a way to implement SIX_tracers in RHS weapons?! icon_rolleyes.gif

I don't like BIS tracers in RHS_weapons whistle.gif

biggrin_o.gif

Yeah!

I've finally edit some config in SIX_tracers and RHS_weapons!

Now I have six tracers in rhs weapons!!! biggrin_o.gif

nener.gif

How did you implement the tracers then?

And: is it possible to use a soundmod instead of the sounds which come with the weapons? I'd like to use these fully animated models with the units, but with CSM soundmod. Last time I tested it, it would not work.

That would be great.