Sign in to follow this  
stilton

External Viewer:  Attach Failed.  No viewer found

I thought id post this topic in the right forum in the hopes that someone has already experienced it...

Obviously, this for Arma, not the original Ofp.. i have the sprocket/downloaded version of Arma...  latest patches and the Oxygen 2 PE  RC...

The error i get is the thread title..  External Viewer: Attach Failed. No viewer found  -  i get this when i try to load buldozer/the viewer... i havent even loaded a file...  and also, when i have loaded my file smile_o.gif

O2config.jpg

Here is my config from O2,  i have changed the Virtual drive letter in the batfile to Z.. because its a little more organised for me, but i get the same error if i leave it as P:\

I have also tried copying all the DLL's from the o2light,  and unless i put the quotes "..." around the  c:\arma.exe  part...  when i go to the viewer, i just get a menu screen...

I have posted this new thread as i read people having similar problems,  but im not sure if anyone has had exactly the same problem...

...and i hope me posting this increases the chances of it getting fixed  biggrin_o.gif

thanks to anyone who can help

[edit]

Also.. i have just thought to ask, is there any alternative to buldozer viewer? Can i not import my semi-working models into Arma to view them?? because quite simply... i've stopped making my models and cant continue because i dont know of a way to preview them, if anyone knows how i can preview them directly into Arma without buldozer errors it'd be cool wink_o.gif - thanks

[/edit]

Also.. i have just thought to ask, is there any alternative to buldozer viewer? Can i not import my semi-working models into Arma to view them?? because quite simply... i've stopped making my models and cant continue because i dont know of a way to preview them, if anyone knows how i can preview them directly into Arma without buldozer errors it'd be cool :wink_o: - thanks

There is an alternative which could provide you at least a partial workaround. You can launch ArmA.exe with arguments -buldozer -noland and path to your p3d file, with a current directory on your working driver, like:

P:
cd P:\
"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA.exe" -window -buldozer -noland P:\FullPathTo\MyModel.p3d 

You will not get interactive updates from O2 this way, but at least you should be able to preview your model in the engine.

Edited by W0lle

hmm...

thanks for your help in trying to resolve this.. but still no joy.

[edit]

At least, im guessing what i have described is a known issue with the tools? and not just me - that is being fixed yeh? - im hoping the fact you have replied is to confirm this, i hope

[/edit]

I added this:  -window -buldozer -noland P:\FullPathTo\MyModel.p3d

as you say, to then end of the shortcut but as i say,  no joy.. it just keeps splitting errors at me,  my shortcut looks like this..

C:\Games\ArmA\arma.exe -buldozer -noland z:\TC_P90.p3d

But it now spits up... 2 error boxes before closing the game..

No entry '.CfgWorlds'.

and i click ok and get..

a black screen, followed by another error:

Shaders not valid (mismatch of exe and data?)

-   I thought this may have been as i asked daSquade for his .exe  file to test if it was my sprocket version causing the problems,  but i have since reinstalled the game and have a legitimate version of the game...  So  i have no idea   banghead.gif

Once again,  thanks for trying to resolve this,  any answers  are appreciated  smile_o.gif

p.s:  also,  i think the sprocket version i have is 1.05,  yet i just reinstalled it and it says its 1.08...  which is confusing,  so im going to downlod the patch and apply it again just incase thats what causing it...  But im hopeful as you guys wrote it, you might know if this is not the cause...

I added this: -window -buldozer -noland P:\FullPathTo\MyModel.p3d

This is not enough. You need to make sure the current directory (sometimes also called working directory) is set to where your textures and models are (by default to P:)

hmmm....

..sorry to sound like a completely 'noob' here... but i know how to set a working directory in... dos-mode for example?

but im a little bit confused as to how you do this in windows..

would this be where it says

"Start in" in the shortcut?

YEEESS!!! YESSS!

Thank you Suma... i would edit my post, but this needs another post...

I went into CMD / Dos prompt... typed what you suggested... and Voila... i have.... MY MODEL! inside the viewer... all working.

It now complains about:

Cannot load texture standard_1.paa

but this is a minor detail, now i have a semi-working bulldozer and i can actually SEE MY MODEL!

Suma, i cant say how happy you have made me man, thank you so much for your time... Obviously it'd be great if it worked without all this effort.. but, i suppose like they say...

Anything thats easy to do, isnt worth doing at all wink_o.gif

thank you again

Please try RC3 tool suite. It should fix the problem completely for all versions...

Can someone pleace thell me what to do to get buldozer working? I have tryed eveything, but i dont understand what to do to get it to work.

Same thing here as well, :mad:

I originally had the ArmA 2 Bulldozer which worked perfectly, until I did a clean install of ArmA 3 Bulldozer. (What I mean by clean install is a reinstall of P Drive)