Sign in to follow this  
SouthSaturnDelta

MP failure

if you just type in the remote IP to your desired server you should still be able to get on.

when i typed my squads servers IP into remote IP it was there and i connected, started a map and its fine  yay.gif

I can't reproduce this. Even if at this time the in-game GameSpy browser is not working, starting a dedicated server (that reports to GameSpy) works just fine. Using the server's IP address, I can connect to it and play.

However, the bug reporter is unclear on just what he means by the GameSpy server "being down". While the GameSpy browsing isn't working in ArmA, I can still ping and get a reply from "armedass.master.gamespy.com", both from the client and the server. This leaves the possiblity of the issue only manifesting itself if the ArmA dedi server can't reach the GameSpy server at all.

if you just type in the remote IP to your desired server you should still be able to get on.

when i typed my squads servers IP into remote IP it was there and i connected, started a map and its fine  yay.gif

Yes, didn't work for me, now it does! Wrong 'cough' exe file.

down again, this is getting ridiculous, i wonder if this has anything to do with KFC's New Arma Super Cheat Pack they released, this is reaking serious havoc on Arma servers, looks like i wont be buying Arma 2 if this is how its going to be

and they wont even let us say that orginizations name

not still down ... down again ...

the server list was working fine this night ... (guess it was about 1:30 GMT+1)

Did someone forget to pay the bill?

Seriously, if this becomes a prolonged problem...then I'm not sure what else can go wrong with a game release.

What hasn't been covered yet?

GameSpy must be mroe reliable they have let me down 10-20 times in past 5 years.

damn still down! is there a workaround? what about direct IP or something? anyone got a server up?

seems like some freaking hacker attacked the gamespy server with a ddos attack pistols.gifgoodnight.gif

=- @ Sep. 16 2007,13:05)]damn still down! is there a workaround? what about direct IP or something? anyone got a server up?

Well for our Unit practice we had to connect through direct IP.

MP servers were working fine up until about 20 mins ago when they crashed again. Gamespy problem again I presume!

If you want to join a server, but can't find any because of a problem like this one - try this : http://www.armedassault.eu/index.p....verlist

It may not update to latest stats on the server since servers cant report, but if you know what server you want, the ip wouldn't have changed (unless server host is dynamic ip - but thats rare). Just click the arma:// link and you will get the ip. If you have ArmA Start you'll connect automaticly.